Popular things to do
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Cultural & Theme Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Ports of Call Tours
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Walking & Biking Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Special Offers
Top Attractions in Kihei
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- This is a gorgeous beach in Maui which my family and I thoroughly enjoyed, but be careful because the water can get quite treacherous - I got seriously dumped here (even though my photos don't show massive waves). You also need to be careful with the rip because it can start pulling you towards the rocks which makes it more dangerous, but even so we loved this beach and had a lot fun with our boogie boards and body surfing. I also really appreciated the fact that there was a lifeguard on duty and a beautiful park with lawn you could sit and have picnics, outdoor showers and toilets and parking nearby too. I love this part of Maui and highly recommend going to Kamaole Beach III (or any of the three Kamaole beaches)!!Written June 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed our experience at the Maui Brewing Company. The building and atmosphere are super cool and laid back. We enjoyed our beers, especially my personified flight of beer. The fish tacos , chicken burger, and fish & chips were tasty.
They have a online menu and ordering service which takes a bit of getting used to. I really think we could have ordered faster through a server. Service was prompt and friendly. Wish I could have taken some of the tasty beer back home to Canada especially the Pineapple Mana and Barefoot Brew.Written August 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a nice beach with a lawn area. Not too crowded but winds start blowing around noon so it gets a little tough to hang out much later than that. Great place to watch sunset as well.Written July 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beach at Kamaole 2 is a nice crescent of sandy shoreline with good entries into the water and close to the south Kihei Road with amenities.Some low-key resorts line the shoreline along this stretch of ocean. The waters are normally quite quiet but rollers can get fairly high. It has a rustic feel to it with a little more lava rock on the shoreline. Great little beach for kids with good snorkelling at either end. Nice beach trail runs over the lawns and along the sand along these three consecutive beaches.Written July 16, 2022
- Not the first beach that comes to mind during your Maui visit, but if you are staying in the Kihea area it is definitely a destination worth visiting.
Mostly bordering condo properties, this lightly populated beach is ideal for a romantic sunrise/sunset stroll or a morning run. With approximately 2 miles of unobstructed beach, Sugar Beach is the alternative to the resort area popular destinations.
If quiet serenity is the priority, this spot is worth a visit.Written March 22, 2022
- Nice flat walking trails. Birds easy to see from boardwalk trails. Liked seeing the Hawaiin Coots and others. Very windy in that area.Written April 21, 2021
- Wow. Things to see and a great beach right next door. A wonderful view. Interesting building and info on the history of the area. Places to sit and eat a sandwich. A sheltered place to swim or snorkel and turtles up close on the beach taking a sun bath. This is a two fer!! Free parking at the public beach next door. No rest rooms but a free out door shower and a great view. Cool stuff to see, these folks know their history and the wildlife!!Written September 26, 2020
- Sunday following Easter attended 7:00 am Mass. Beautiful Mass with congregational music. Very well attended for a 7:00 Mass. The Priest gave a wonderful homily.Written April 29, 2022
- If you can get up before sunrise, take this nice short walk and watch the sun come up over Haleakala. Good way to start the day.Written August 8, 2022
- Great beach. Close to everything and worth going to. Family had a great time. Worth taking some sort of floating device for the kids.Written July 25, 2022
- The beach at Cove Park in central Kihei, is fantastic for beginner and novice surf and boogie boarders. The small cove gives protection from undercurrents and the seas are forced up here fairly close to shore for great riding waves. The Cove Park or Kalama Park is right there with grassy lawn areas , paved pathways and shade trees to enjoy the fun atmosphere here. There are surf shops and eateries across the road at the Cove and Kalama Park. Can't get a much better for all the amenities to vacation in the surf here in Kihei in a laid back, beachy vibe area close to economy accommodations, amenities, markets and food stores along Kihei Road. Highly recommend spending time here to learn to surf with all ages of surfers and boarders.Written July 17, 2022
- We went whale watching- it had been years since we did it. My husband initially didn't want to go- thought we wouldnt see much and it would be boring. But luckily, this experience exceeded our reservations. We saw two big breeches, a close vision of fins slapping the water,, several farther sightings of a mother and her calf, and a beautiful day with a talented narration of what was happening by the guide. People I suppose were scared to mingle in this time of Covid, so a boat that I am told can hold 42 people only had 21- what a blessing that was. ( for us, not the company). Everyone had a great seat- no one was worried about being able to see anything, and it was really a lovely experience from beginning to end. These are magnificent creatures- only seeing them in person do them justice- and hopefully, they make conservationists of everyone who visits.Written January 3, 2021
- Saw my first green flash here a few years ago, awesome. Great for sunset walk, then grab some drinks across the street.Written June 7, 2021
- This little secret beach is beautiful, beyond anything you can imagine. We enjoyed the view and the waves crashing in on the rocks. This place is picture perfect.Written October 7, 2021
- The one I went to was the 1st after the pandemic, so the lines at the food trucks were long. However, one of the main reasons I went was to listen to music and do a little dancing to the music of MissyWritten July 9, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kihei
- The best day trips from Kihei according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Small Group Road to Hana Adventure Tour with Pickup
- Molokini Crater and South Maui Coast Adventure from Kihei
- Four Winds II Molokini Snorkeling Tour from Maalaea Harbor
- Road to Hana Private Jungle Tour
- Maui Three-Brewery Tour with Lunch