Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Rum tasting for an awesome rum. Book in advance to save your spot, 30 minute very informative rum tasting. Glad we booked it, purchased several bottles after the tasting.Written December 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I decided to see these iconic falls as I have seen them over the years on television. Easy drive that we did on the way to other sites.Written November 29, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I love local museums because they are created with passion and love of their subject. This museum is all that. We missed the guided tour so did it self guided. We learned so much about the local area, the history of Kauai, and the story of its people. Next year I’m going back to get the guided tour because that would really help keep people and events in a logical sequence. This place is excellent - highly recommend. The gift shop is lovely too!Written November 26, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gorgeous beach, average sized. Not too crowded. Paddle board, surf board, and kayak rentals available.Written November 24, 2023
- We did the train, hike, and lunch tour with Paul as our guide. The tour is 3hrs 40 minutes. The grounds are beautiful and meticulously maintained. This tour covers over two miles of easy walking but is not in the shade for most of it. We were not able to try much of the fruit as it was between seasons; we only tried midnight valencia orange and a cara cara orange along with an egg fruit. Our guide was Paul, who did a good job of gauging the needs of the people on the tour as some with little kids left after lunch. The lunch was delicious. We fed the pigs, cows, donkeys, and alpacas after lunch. The animals were absolutely adorable, with one of the cows being hysterically trained to eat as many treats as possible. Tiny, the train conductor, was super informative. The tour was too slow paced for us, but understandable given the size of the group. We were also super disappointed that the fruits were not in season as it was the sole reason we booked the tour. After the tour we did the 25 minute free Koalo Rum tasting. Note that children are not allowed in the tasting but ours are old enough to entertain themselves on the grounds playing cards and exploring. The tasting was good, the bartender was great. This is a true tasting room so no alcohol can be ordered. But the rum is incredible- especially the coffee and cacao! You don’t get to try the coffee rum but you can buy the samples in the gift shop and taste it in the lounge. The gift shop has great stuff at reasonable prices. We also stopped in at Kauai Sweet Shoppe, which mostly sells caramels flavored with several flavors (samples are provided) and dark chocolate bark. We also ordered a flight of three rums at the lounge; coffee, cacao, and spice, $10 each, along with the non alcoholic Kauai Tai for the kids. There are stores inside the large plantation building but they are a bit pricey. An enjoyable few hours but definitely geared toward tourists.Written August 23, 2023
- Beautiful grounds, a rich history, warm, knowledgeable guides - it’s a must visit! (plus, the cookies and mint tea are delicious)Written August 17, 2023
- Circle Island Tour
KOKO our driver was amazing
Great overview of island that included history. Informative and interesting
ADA Complaint busWritten November 29, 2021
- A nice side trip with great views of the harbor in Lihue. Doesn't take much time and you can plan to bring a lunch while you take in the views. We just sat on the tailgate of our SUV looking out onto the water. Planes come in for a landing as it is by the Lihue Marriot and airport.Written November 24, 2023
- Very welcoming and friendly. Visitor greeting and gift shell Lei. Great Roman rite mass with lots of singing. Invited to a potluck dinner after mass. Masks encouraged but optional.Written February 17, 2023
- As recommended by another local operator we contacted Denis by email. After a prompt reply we (4) chose a five hour private tour. Firstly a view from the lookout and then to Waimea Canyon. Visits to Waimea Wharf and Hanapepe Swinging Bridge were included with many other scenes of beauty. Handy photographic hints were a plus. A visit to his gallery to view his photographic art work was appreciated.Written October 15, 2017
- Held on Saturdays, this is a must see place when in Kauai. Market stands for fresh vegetables, fruits, meats, fish, arts and crafts and fresh made local delicacies. We loaded up on native fruits and had Sugarloaf pineapple pops to top off our visit.Written June 8, 2022
- This was a highlight of our trip! The hosts (especially Kanoe) are amazing. The views are stunning. And the water wasn’t that cold, which was my biggest concern. It felt great, and this was in December. When you go through the tunnels, be sure to look up to see all the phosphorus colors. Even lunch was good and I’m super picky. Just a fantastic day all around!Written December 8, 2023
- I love the art they sell and have purchased several pieces that I have brought home. It is hard to choose from some many awesome items that they sell.Written October 24, 2022
- Had a fantastic time attending All My Sons. The cast was terrific and the evening was a great change of pace from typical “tourist” things. Highly recommend supporting this venue.Written January 27, 2022
- Lots of fruits. Papayas are ripe and tasty. Don't buy at the first vendor. Lots of 3 for $5 to be had. Lots if local veggies. Sweet onions are super tasty. One flower vendor who sells out quickly. Not many booths.Written April 14, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Lihue
- The best day trips from Lihue according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Kauai Audio Driving Private Tour
- Kauai Waimea Canyon and Wailua River Boat Tour
- South & East Kauai - History-Legends & Waterfalls - 6 hrs.
- Kauai: Hawaii Movie Tours
- Private Waimea Canyon Tour
Lihue Attractions Information
|Sunday 11:36 AM|