Water Parks • Hot Springs & Geysers
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
26 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- This was a lovely place with lots of beautiful flowers. The ambience was delightful. We were surprised that they did not provide towels and the guy that checked us in was not as helpful as he could have been.Written October 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have visited many science museums. This is one of the best. The collection of dinosaur fossils is comprehensive. I never realized so much was known about dinosaur evolution or that so many different dinosaurs existed. The displays clearly explain the evolution of life on earth from the earliest organisms and the competition between dinosaurs and protomammals.
This is well worth a detour.Written September 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great Hot Springs with indoor and outdoor pool options. A large warm pool is adjacent to a warmer soak pool. Very relaxing and enough room not to get congested. The surrounding grounds are lovely and there are walkways over the source of the thermal water. Overall great place to visit.Written August 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Every time I drive through, I am amazed at the beauty. It is also amazing to get an Indian license and see it from the train track side.Written August 21, 2022
- Easy stroll. The imagery was impactful. To think that people stood 'right there' and wrote images that would be seen by people thousands of years later. Whereas, not a religious experience....but sobering.Written September 13, 2022
- great museum, great people, very informative and very well put together..do not miss this..good for children and adultsWritten September 8, 2020
- The local Chamber personnel are very in-tune with all the available services and tourist interest in the area. Staff is ready to assist and full of knowledgeable information. Your best source for any information about the area.Written December 28, 2021
- We climbed the older trail in 2020 but the Hot City Outdoor Alliance raised funds to improve the width of the trail and now the climb is a little less intimidating for us senior citizens. Highly recommend this hike if you are in the beautiful town of Thermopolis!Written June 28, 2022
- Great Little Rock shop! Loved the couple who owned as they had a lot of great life experiences they shared with us… he is a retired geologist….Written July 13, 2022
- We stopped for about an hour and half. Nice sized pool for the kids. Water slide probably could use some work, but the kids had fun. Plenty of soaking tubs.Written July 18, 2022
- We had a great time white water rafting with this company! If it is cloudy and rainy, we recommend getting a wet suit to stay warmer. Candace was an awesome guide. We were on the all day raft trip with lunch in the middle. Great food, nice break, and good scenery. Definitely worth the money. Our kids really enjoyed their time. Very family friendly service. Highly recommend this for anyone. The rapids were great - water level was awesome. Thank you Wind River Whitewater & Flyfishing outfitters!!Written August 9, 2022
- What a great combination books and a coffee shop. I had a decaf Americano, not my fav, but what I get with decaf. It as a bit week and on the mineral tasting side, considering the area and water not a surprise. It’s a busy little shop with kids coming in before school and adults a bit later. I sat at a little table next to the window, watched people and worked, very low stress. A nice selection of coffee choices, books and toys.Written September 8, 2022
- This is a wonderful gem worth visiting if in or near Thermopolis for unique leather products, furs, hides, etc., most of which is made locally. The owner was working the day we stopped in and she was very friendly, interesting to visit with and informative. I got the sense she would go out of the way to have a custom order made for us and shipped to us if desired. We found their prices to be very reasonable and competitive with like-type stores we have visited in Montana and South Dakota, Check it out for a unique purchase or just for the fun of looking around.Written October 8, 2022
- Everything was handled flawlessly. Excellent service and a great experience.
One interesting thing is that John the owner never asked me for any kind of a deposit. He simply said I’ve got you down for those dates no problem.Written July 31, 2021
- This was a fluke for us. It was late and we found the last room in this town.
And it was a great find, so if you are in the area. Plan on staying a few days to enjoy the sites, and maybe a mineral bath or 2.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.Written October 2, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Thermopolis
- The best outdoor activities in Thermopolis according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Thermopolis on Tripadvisor
Thermopolis Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 8:32 AM|