What travelers are saying
- Really great magic show. Our two sixteen year olds and a college freshman all enjoyed as did we and also younger kids in the audience. Excellent illusions and tricks. A true master.Written November 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have fun! The park has wide variety of rides for all ages. My kids had a blast, we stayed til the park closed. We traveled from Minneapolis to enjoy the park and it didn’t disappoint. The life guards were at bay all the time.
The food concessions can be improved by adding more varieties. Quality was ok but with the price, it can be better. The service time was slow, my son said, the chicken fingers better not be his, it’s been sitting there for a while and hasn’t gotten any attention, don’t want cold food. Sure enough, it’s his order. Maybe better communication or attention to the orders next time.
There’s also no sign to tell you to keep your glass because refill is cheaper. Maybe put up sign on concession stands.Written August 19, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of our favorite activities during our recent Dells trip. What a great way to spend a few hours wandering around this lovely property feeding and petting the very tame deer. They also have some horses and a few other large animals like Elks and Emus. My only advice is wear comfy shoes you don't care about as you'll obviously be stepping in some areas that may be a bit messy.Written September 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely beautiful and breathtaking views. Walking through the temperature drops. There is a con-session stand at the end with great hot cocoa.Written November 6, 2023
- Like many said, this was a small and hands on zoo that I enjoy so much more than the larger zoos. You can interact with more animals and you don’t have walk all day or make a full day of it.Written June 24, 2023
- We enjoyed a great day at Kalahari’s outdoor and indoor waterparks. The slides were so fun, plenty for our whole family to do from tame to thrilling. Favorites were Master Blaster, The Smoke That Thunders, Victoria Falls, and Extreme Rush. Everything was clean and well maintained and the lifeguards/staff were friendly and attentive. The lazy river was very shallow (less than 2’) and slow in some parts, and there occasionally seemed to be a shortage of tubes. We went on a Thursday and the lines were fairly short, the longest wait was 15 minutes for Master Blaster.
One downside: the food from the snack bar was probably the worst we have ever had at a theme/waterpark. Nothing tasted fresh, chicken sandwich was missing toppings, soda was flat, and the bill was expensive for what we got. Kalahari’s policy is no outside food or drinks, but no one was checking bags at the entrance. 🤷♀️Written August 29, 2023
- Great for whoever first time to see. Pretty 80's style science stuff. My kids haven't see these style back in 80's. My husband and I enjoyed this it was our childhood 80's times when we were kids as we knew these stuff. We laughed. Kids had no idea what to do telephone and very old technology screen.Written August 30, 2023
- We are very pleased with our stay at Wilderness Resort. Our 2 bedroom Glacier Canyon condo was great. It was clean, comfortable, and well equipped. Our granddaughters loved the water parks and the many available activities. We hardly left the resort property for our 3 night visit. We would definitely like to return!Written August 17, 2023
- Beautiful location! Great way to spend your Saturday afternoon. Music, food, and wine! The wine slushies are so good!Written October 9, 2023
- Incredible photographs and history of the area. The staff was very friendly and I really enjoyed seeing the collection of vintage cameras. It can get really busy in the summer though! Overall, I had a great time!Written June 30, 2023
- The views of the River were magnificent and peaceful. The photos along the Riverwalk were very interesting and informative.Written September 25, 2023
- We ran out of time, just barely...we would do again...solely to finish quest. Other than that I wouldn't return. It was okay, not something I truly like..but my daughter did. Unfortunately kids were running everywhere, screaming and very little monitoring. It was overwhelming.Written September 27, 2021
- Stayed on property to get in for free. Just be aware of the outrageous resort fee. The hotel experience will depend on which one you "get to" stay in; we saw up to 40 motels were bought up by them, so your experience will vary. (In fact, this is very telling that the owner makes his money off the hotel/motels and not the park...the park is designed to be super low maintenance and the rides/attractions themselves are in rough shape.)
Since we went in the end of the summer period, I think we got lucky and got a decent motel, (building 3, if I remember correctly) and while it was old and needed some maintenance, it did have easy parking (right outside our door!) and a fridge and microwave. If you're staying in the area, just consider doing one night at their motels to get your admission to the water park, and then moving to a nicer hotel that actually is worth the price.
For the park itself, Medusa's slidewheel was very cool to experience the first time! Very innovative! The cool factor decreases each time you go, but still something to experience. We did it first thing in the morning and there was no line. Then we moved outside and Zeus's family raft slides were a LOT of fun...some of the best I've been on.
But the coasters were a WHOLE other story. Hades 360 was so rough, that I thought I was going to have a lasting injury from it. Dropping into the pitch black tunnel was very neat, and I haven't seen it executed on such a level before, but my neck bouncing on my spine was so crazy. I have been on hundreds of coasters and LOVE rollercoasters, but this one was a "one and done". I don't know if I'll ever ride this again, just because of the intense forces it inflicted on me. I can imagine it was a wonderful coaster when it originally opened and when it was re-profiled, but the lack of maintenance and upkeep shows. Also, the fact they can't send trains unless completely full is hilarious... the operator asked anyone from our train that was getting off it they wanted to re-ride, so they could send the next train and NOBODY wanted to re-ride, because it was so rough. They have signs saying it is "running more intense today" but those are permanent signs... apparently intense = rough, per Mt. Olympus.
Zeus is fun, still a little rough but totally bearable, as well as the other wooden ones.
And the go carts, while nice that they were included, were kind of lame. Very old cars, and as everyone has already said, it was sad not being able to go up in the park icon, the trojan horse, at the front of the park.
The indoor "theme park" was closed when we went, so didn't get to experience that. Though from what've seen, we didn't miss much.
All in all, mostly go for the water park, avoid Hades unless you are super young/resilient, or really want to experience it (which was me), but beware you may regret it.Written September 17, 2023
- Visited the new location (Ripley's took over the old Wizard Quest building) and they made good use of the space, hiding some exhibits away in the secret rooms. This helped make the scavenger hunt game they have actually challenging, and this is from someone who knew of the secret rooms from Wizard Quest. A new hands-on exploration center for kids is on the upper level. Sadly, not wheelchair friendly. The only way down to the lower level is using stairs or the slides so they'd be limited to the first floor. A few exhibits on the upper level require stairs for viewing.Written November 3, 2023
- This is just for the indoor water park (when we went the outdoor one was closed), not the resort as a whole - but we had a nice time. We spent the entire morning/part of the afternoon there and were able to hit up all the different slides. There's a nice variety of slides of different intensity levels, although nothing too crazy (the flume is fun, but not as insane as some I've seen). There's also a water "roller coaster" that's fun, but also a bit jerky.
I really liked the tube slides though, they have some fun colors and twists/turns. The lazy river is fun (and not completely lazy; there are some waves and other features) and I spent a lot of time just enjoying the hot tub. My kids enjoyed the activity pool area as well.Written November 1, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin Dells Attractions Information
|Wednesday 11:49 PM|