Top Attractions in Sturgeon Bay
What travelers are saying
- We always watch for strong winds off the lake on a sunny day-the rainbow pics from the waves crashing are beautiful. Love coming up early spring or late fall less tourist at that time.Written November 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Door County Maritime Museum has three locations, the largest in Sturgeon Bay, Gill's Rock, and the Cana Island Lighthouse. All three are worth the visit if you have the time.
This was my first visit to the Lighthouse Tower in Sturgeon Bay.. It has excellent views of Sturgeon Bay. After riding the elevator to the top floor you decent each floor by stairs, and each level has a different display or theme. I was a little disappointed in the amount of content. I think they need more content on each floor.
The first floor has two main viewing areas and they are excellent with lots of content, displays, photos, and history. They offer a 40 minute guided tour of the Great Lakes tugboat John Purves which is an excellent tour as well. The tugboat has been meticulously restored and in great condtion. Very impressive tugboat.Written October 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you have children or grand kids this is a must attraction for all ! Basically it's a farm setting and children's zoo all in one. My kids love feeding the baby goats with the milk bottle you get on entry . Be sure you get there WAY BEFORE NOON as they usually cut the bottle feedings at noon so the goats aren't over fed. Tip: Family should split up on entry 5 minutes apart so you can get extra milk ticket ! Thank me later ! We normally don't buy the dry goat food as goats will jump on kids the minute they spot the milk bottle in their hand ! Make sure you got your phone camera ready and charged .as the action is fast and furious ! The goats will drain that little milk bottle in a heart beat ! There are chicken coops, Brahma bulls with baby,bull, baby kittens, and assortment of other friendly animals kids can pet. They even have a milking table where they let kids milk a mama goat to get milk for the bottles !Written August 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- TAP started as a quirky little theatre group that worked out of, well let's face it- the old storage area in the back of an old movie theatre. The facility was primitive but the productions were always first rate. They have now managed to move into a brand new intimate theatre on the foot print of the original theatre. Intimate setting, brand new theatre, and with expectations that 1st rate productions will continue!Written July 24, 2022
- Lovely beach, beautiful vistas, trails & photo opps, parking is very close to the beach, changing rooms & toilets.Written September 15, 2022
- Beautiful gardens! Immaculate works on a donation system so please recognize the hard work. I will definitely come back.Written August 17, 2022
- The tour was short but very informative. The 2 tour guides knew the history of the old school that is part of the winery and how the winery worked perfectly in the old building. We got to taste 5 different wines and the guy behind the counter directed us to our tastes that we prefer.Written October 26, 2022
- Outstanding museum for those who enjoy nature and historical artifacts. The diorama at the entrance was truly stunning! The display of the animals and birds was masterfully presented. The rest of the museum had old artifacts and were extremely well displayed. If you like museums then don't miss this one.
There is no charge but a five dollar donation is asked. Best five bucks I ever spent!!!!Written September 20, 2022
- In all our visits to Door County and Sturgeon Bay, we never knew this place existed. We’re glad we found it. Very unique glasswork at reasonable (ish) prices. The staff person that day - who moved from Cleveland to Sturgeon Bay - was enjoyable, helpful and genuinely seemed to enjoy her work.Written July 22, 2020
- A nice walk out to the lighthouse. A great place to enjoy watching the water, and the waterbirds near by. Very peaceful.Written October 20, 2022
- Our favorite winery. Real wine .. not syrup. Free wine tasting with order. Cherry wine especially excellent this year. Awesome reds.Written October 11, 2021
- Not only does Linda make beautiful pottery, she and her husband are so gracious and welcoming, and their studio and gardens are a little paradise right on the lake. I hope to return often. Highly recommended!Written July 28, 2022
- The market had a good mix of edibles and crafts. Everyone was so nice and it was a gorgeous day. Found some unique things. I would go again!Written October 7, 2022
- We always stop at Door 44 Winery when we are in Door County. The wine is good and the staff are knowledgeable and fun! A special shout out to Claudia who is a jewel. We can't wait to go backWritten November 25, 2022
- Neat little/area, with restrooms and restrooms. Located on the Sturgeon Bay. It has a dock, ample parking, and one is able to fish from this area.Written September 19, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Sturgeon Bay
Sturgeon Bay Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 2:04 PM|