- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
20 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- The Lakeshore Trail is a must do! Architecture, lake views, rain gardens and unique pathways make for a magical walk!Definitely a must do during your stay in Lake Geneva! It was magical - a light drizzle, cool breeze, crystal clear lake water and overcast skies made for perfect views.
The trail has an interesting history - used by multiple Native Americans cultures (including the Potawatomi tribe) and later, the workers who took care of the estates that built up on the Lake after the Chicago fires in 1871.
The 20 feet leading to the shoreline are preserved as public domain and home owners are responsible for their piece of the path.
The total trail is 26 miles, I did 7. Pick an entry point and explore! You really can’t go wrong.
Here’s a few photos from my evening stroll. Sure hope one day to come back and do the whole loop!Written August 14, 2022
- Clean restrooms up the stairs and across the lawn. Sandy bottom near the shore. Has 2 piers to swim out and jump off. Did not see any food or drink for sale in immediate area.Written September 12, 2021
- Big Foot Beach State Park is the finest option for campers and RV-ers in an area with plenty of great hotels surprisingly few outdoor overnight options.
I enjoyed the hiking trails around my campsite and regretted not being able to explore more due to poor weather during my stay.
While firewood is not always for sale on site, there are plenty of downed branches to be found for a campfire in the forest nearby. My site featured a fire pit and a trusty electric hookup for all my power needs.
The bathroom facilities here have flush toilets and hot water showers (even if it takes a few moments to warm up sometimes). While the restrooms generally gave me nothing to complain about, I have experienced cleaner and generally nicer facilities at various KOA properties during my travels.
Natural attractions here include the aforementioned forest hiking trails (for which you should definitely pack bug spray), a sort of pond traversed by picturesque bridges, a swimming beach, and a raft launch. The actual beach is tiny and unimpressive, but the views are to die for.
I found the noise level at night to be quite low. The one staff member I met here was pleasant and friendly.
Nightly rates for Big Foot Beach are pretty affordable, but an extra fee is incurred for a Wisconsin State Park pass. Overall, I would be thrilled to come back and spend more time here in the future.Written July 9, 2021
- Best time ever. We had the best time there while here on vacation. The took the time to show us how to work everything and made it fun the whole time. Definitely ask for Garrett and Spencer they are AWESOME best guides ever! Will definitely come back the next time we're in Wisconsin. Written August 10, 2022
- I took my teen daughter, 17, and we had a fun time. We spent a lot of time laughing and watching the animals. We were both amazed that something this unique was in Lake Geneva. There were plenty of animals to feed and look at. The giraffes and zebras were a favorite as well as the camels. We took lots of silly pictures with the animals and just had fun. We also went to the petting zoo and interacted with those animals. We did notice that they had a picnic area with small playground. We did not use either of those amenities. The bathrooms were adequate and clean. I would recommend this place especially because you can go through the area as many times as you would like.Written August 13, 2022
- Highly recommend this tour...Black Point...you learn a lot in a fun way...great boat ride and guides and great guides at Black Point.Written August 16, 2022
- Lake Geneva Scooter Tours did an amazing job with our tour! They were very professional, thorough and provided a wonderful experience for my group and I. We had so much fun getting to see the sites and landscape of the area, and would definitely recommend the experience to others!!Written July 22, 2022
- Easy booking. Street parking only. Must be paid at meters. Went of a Friday and wasnt too bad to find a spot.
Family had a great time. Rented a 20' sport boat and tube. 4 hours goes by fast but it was worth it and we will do it again.
Staff was friendly and got us on the boat right away. You can pee in the lake which was nice but going number 2 was difficult. Forgot to bring toilet paper had to use a towel and got alot of nasty looks from other boaters.
5 stars!!!Written August 6, 2022
- Attended a wedding reception here on Saturday evening. The venue was stunning, and the weather was perfect. The patio was perfect for cocktail hour. The staff was super and all the food was delicious. A beautiful venue for a wedding reception. I would love to return to golf, course looked amazing!Written September 20, 2021
- Last week we had some friends/family visiting our family in Lake Geneva. We made a tee time at Geneva National and enjoyed a GREAT DAY. The course was in great shape, we enjoyed a nice casual meal on the deck, and played the New Putting Course.......we will be going back soon.Written August 17, 2022
- We rented a pontoon for 3 hours for my daughters birthday this past weekend with a hired captain. Her and her friends had a great time! The boat was extremely clean and in a superb condition. Our driver was such a nice guy. He took us on a tour and was able to accommodate all of the requests the girls made to stop whenever. We are already talking about doing this again next year! I also want to mention their online booking was very easy and user friendly. Also when I called in with questions, the staff was very nice and patient to answer all of my questions.Written August 10, 2020
- Absolutely loved it! Don and his crew were amazing and knowledgeable! Cannot wait to fly again!!! And if you decide to fly, request Don as your pilot!Written August 5, 2021
- We wanted our daughters to ride ponies for the first time and visit the free petting zoo.
It worked out great we arrived and we bought some food so the girls could feed the animals it was .50 cents for an ice cream cone filled with food. We bought 2 bucks worth and the girls really enjoyed themselves. They then rode the ponies which they truly enjoyed it was $8 dollars per ride.Written June 30, 2018
- Excellent company to rent kayaks from. Easy takeoff from across the street from Baker House and Harbor Shores Inn. We enjoyed the clear waters, fish was thing, cruising past Stone Manor mansion and Big Foot Beach. Definitely a highlight of our trip. Will do again!Written June 10, 2021
- While biking on the White River State Trail, came upon this at Rt120 crossing. Checked it would be open on our way back (open til 5p) weekends only.
We had the Turkey with Cranberry on oat bread and the Turkey Caesar wrap. They give regular chips and a dill pickle. Was nice we could substitute flavored chips for no additional cost.
Nice setting in Springfield's historic Train Depot. Had a gentleman playing guitar, nice music, fun artsy and unusual items for sale. Lots of places to sit outside tho we ate inside during a quick moving thunderstorm.
We will go back as we didn't finish biking this trail due to rain.
Even if you aren't biking a quaint place to stop!Written July 23, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Lake Geneva
- These are the most romantic places for outdoor activities in Lake Geneva:See more romantic outdoor activities in Lake Geneva on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for outdoor activities in Lake Geneva:See more hidden gem outdoor activities in Lake Geneva on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous outdoor activities in Lake Geneva:See more adventurous outdoor activities in Lake Geneva on Tripadvisor