- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- We were so impressed to come across this little but very well laid out museum. There was so much to see and read about with several complete displays inside small period buildings. Be sure to explore the mining equipment down the hill as everywhere are small plaques explaining what you are looking at.
The museum continues across the street with a bard and several smaller buildings to explore.Written September 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Driving to the Northern Cascades, we found the Methow River along the way. It is a beautiful river that we followed for part of the way. Then wr passed through Winthrop. It was a charming, cute town! We had to stop. We went into some of the nice shops, grabbed a sandwich and had to get back on the road. Winthrop was definitely worth a stop and hoping to go back someday for a longer stay. It’s beautiful!Written September 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a lovely spot on the east side of the Cascades. The Methow River winds through and is a GORGEOUS river to float. Classic glacial fed. The North Cascades National Park is just up the road.Written July 11, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Has 2 park areas, north / newest, and south / oldest with most established trees. Prepare very well with park regulations due to reduced staff to assist. Rangers do fairly well, but are quite busy with other parks, as well.Written September 26, 2022
- Real heroes but base not open at this time due to virus. One of the planes on the tarmac but not allowed on the base.Written September 4, 2020
- I booked a 1 1/2 hour private trail ride for me, my mom (69) and my two boys (7 & 9). It wasn't much more per person than a group trail ride, and if your kids are as active as mine, it is ABSOLUTELY worth it!
We had a lovely time. Sydney, our guide, kept us entertained with information about the area and was obviously very knowledgeable about the horses. She displayed infinite amounts of patience with my youngest, who is a major wiggler. Debbie, the owner of the horses, was also very patient but firm with him, and I was so appreciative and impressed with them both.
It was a pretty hot day when we went out, but Sydney took us through a nice wooded area near the Beaver Pond, and then up on a hill overlooking the lake. The horses were great, the scenery was lovely, and the guide was fantastic. I would definitely recommend!Written September 7, 2020
- We had such a blast tubing down the Methow river!! The folks from Methow Rafting were so helpful and kind and made our experience one we can’t wait to repeat next year!!! Awesome!Written September 9, 2022