- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
53 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 53
What travelers are saying
- Looking for a pristine, finely manicured course with 5 attendants making sure you are greeted and your clubs are set to go on your cart? This is not the place for you. Looking for a public 18-hole course with no houses, mature trees, and seemingly “pet deer” on almost every hole, hawks, wood chucks, get yourself a tee time. Nothing tricky. Just plain old good LONG drives are the key and staying out of the bermuda “grabby a$$” grass rough. Fairways tightly mowed and greens are in great shape. Plenty of water recently and greens were slow. Sand traps were not raked and overgrown (only reason for mark down). Yes, I would still recommend this course and play it next time I’m in the area.Written September 20, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really interesting and well done sours, which are hard to come by. Staff was friendly and the place had a nice late night scene.Written September 7, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Small and nice place to swim and chill. Loved it. I wish if there was more facilities to enjoy it...Written August 17, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fun place with friendly staff. Good beers and nice atmosphere. Free pac man machine to play while you drink. Interesting history behind the name.Written September 7, 2021
- Large Olympic pool, great fitness room that I use 5 times a week. Got to try to stay in shape so to be able to ride my motorcycle on those great adventures. It also has a climbing wall, large play pool for kids, basketball courts, yoga rooms etc. Overall a great facility.Written January 19, 2021
- Just visited this little gem with my family and grandson. This museum is small but packs a lot of information about the local families and area history. It’s not the Smithsonian but did keep my attention. But the hit was for my grandson and any little ones (2-8) with their excitement at shopping at an old country store, riding toy tractors and horses, will make any trip memorable. Older children will appreciate the wonderful displays of early country living, farm equipment and historical facts. This is a good place to bring the family for a quick outing. Best of all, entrance fees are tax deductible.Written November 27, 2018
- We visited on Toddle Thursday so there wasn't so many big kids which was nice for my toddler to get comfortable with the trampolines without any pressure or intimidation.
A little bit pricey but didn't expect it to be cheap anyway.
You must wear grippy socks which they can provide for a fee and then you just bring them back with you the next time.
Once my little one got comfortable with the trampolines we really had an awesome time.
Will definitely go again!!Written September 4, 2018
- This place has a wide range of beers, many IPA's, and everything is great. The facility itself is wide-open, dog/family friendly and has a lot of fun activities. It is a bit out of the way and not in a "scenic" location but that's the price you pay for crazy expensive real estate in this area. Go give it a try, well worth the time!Written November 11, 2019
- I go to this park at least once a week. It is great for a nice stroll or picnic. Nice grounds with lake and some old buildings and children's exploration center and clean restrooms. Not too big, with ample parking. Adjacent to Claude Moore Recreational Center that contains excellent health and fitness facilities with world class pools for all ages.Written June 8, 2021
- Great place to have a birthday party. My son turned 12. We had 17 kids. Kids had a great time on the walls. Staff was good with the kids during the rock climbing. Good size party room with a fridge!Written November 12, 2018
- We love supporting small local businesses and this brewery is a shining example just such a business. We met the wonderful owners who shared how they're one of the few self-financed breweries that opened without the help of investors and worked hard to bootstrap the funds needed to open. What is evident by being a self-financed brewery is that they're able to brew some incredibly creative beers and their taplist reads like a beautifully balanced menu offering a beer for all palates. The brewery itself is super clean with two large bathrooms and plenty of room to spread out in the front and back area. We had fun playing on their Nintendo system while watching the soccer games on the two giant screen televisions. We saw some people playing cornhole in the back area while a party was going on as there is plenty of room to play cornhole without making the back area feel inaccessible. On the day we visited the temperature outside was a very hot and steamy 95+ degrees but the inside of the air conditioned brewery was nice and cool. We highly recommend visiting this brewery, chatting with the staff and if you're lucky (like us) you'll have the chance to talk to one or both of the owners. We fell in love with this place and have made it a regular stop whenever we're in the Sterling area.Written June 4, 2019
- Located in a very small strip mall that has a few restaurants, its very accessible with parking and clean inside to give prayers.Written September 10, 2017
- First time visitor as I was in the area on a Saturday afternoon. They have good signage to direct you to the brewery. The place is ok for brew, however, for my visit there was only one person for service. The place was not packed, but still with just one person for service there was wait time involved for ordering, service, paying your bill, then finally signing your transaction. The only good thing about the slow service, got to chat with others who were waiting or on the bar.Written August 17, 2019
- Had a ultra brief visit to this historic roadway. The small park is well maintained, organized and taken care of.Written December 28, 2017
- It's a school gallery, sometimes they do have pretty good exhibits. It's rather small so no big groups, and it is inside a building where classes are taught so no getting loud.Written February 15, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Sterling
- The best outdoor activities in Sterling according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Sterling on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Sterling with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Algonkian Regional Park
- Autobahn Indoor Speedway & Events
- Claude Moore Park Recreation Center
- Rebounderz Indoor Trampoline Arena
- Claude Moore Park/Lanesville Heritage Area