- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
76 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 76
What travelers are saying
- This is a must see in Staunton. I saw twelfth night. It was a great experience. I did not always get what was being said or able to see all of it from where I was sitting but I got the gist of it. Staff was friendly. Cast was awesome!!Written August 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a wonderful day of fun and enjoyment. We took our 5 year old grandson and a good time was had by all. All of the exhibits are well done. The interpreters are very knowledgeable and provide education and enrichment. Each interpreter enjoyed their job and it showed in their actions and responses.
I highly recommend this activity. It is very reasonably priced as a family event but most of all it was just a great time of learning. My husband and I learned a lot, and we thought we were pretty smart about these time periods. We didn’t know wha we didn’t know.Written August 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nicely put together. I liked how they didn’t try to gloss over his more problematic views and actions. Friendly and helpful staff.Written August 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited the park to give our dog an opportunity to work off some energy after being cooped up in the car & in our hotel room. In addition to the dog park, everything looked clean and well-maintained. I look forward to returning next time we're in the area.Written December 9, 2021
- Even if you are not a Camera but if this is worth a walk-through to stop and see how much history they have collected. A little hidden gem in StauntonWritten June 25, 2022
- I saw a car like my dad had when he was young. More importantly I saw another car like my grandfather had when he was young.
Lots of old time cars and you can up close and personal. I would have liked more info with the cars but they were all beautiful! (I would hate to try and park one of these behemoths.)Written February 14, 2020
- We were given some really good tips by the woman working at the visitor center. One thing we learned by ourselves is that Monday is not a good day to visit Staunton, many things were closed on Mondays.Written October 8, 2021
- Take a leisurely stroll to admire both the beauty and the craftsmanship that is no longer available to us. Spend an hour or so looking at and reading the history of each window. Thank you Trinity for allowing us to Grace you’re beautiful churchWritten June 25, 2022
- Four years ago my wife and I decided to explore different states and towns when we decided to relocate from Florida. We tried several states and many towns until we came upon Staunton. It had almost everything we had been searching for: low crime, beautiful area, temperate climate, not crowded, friendly, etc, etc. But the singular most important thing for us was to find a good, truly Catholic church and parish. It has far exceeded our hopes so much so that we decided to move and settle here Because of St. Francis. Whether you are looking for a new place to live or needing a church to visit while traveling, St. Francis of Assisi will welcome you with open arms.Written July 8, 2022
- A large, sprawling wonderfully diverse public space with a community center, play area for tots, numerous near professionally maintained ball parks of all sorts, well maintained pool for seasonal swimming, numerous hiking trails. My personal favorite: the disc golf course--challenging and very well designed. One of Staunton's gems is this park.Written January 24, 2020
- We went on an hour long ride on a Friday afternoon and it was lovely. Cowboy Carl was patient and friendly with my youngest child and I as he told us how to hold the reins and sit in the saddle. The cost ($50 per person-cash or check only) was in line with other rides we have been on. We rode over grassy fields, up and down hills, and across a large creek-twice. Highly recommend Star B Stables for horseback riding!Written March 26, 2022
- We read a lot of books from our library at home, but this library has some brand new great selections especially in the non-fiction section. The director is really on the ball with her selections here!Written July 1, 2019
- On a chilly evening with an overcast above. We stumbled into paradise. Suddenly the air didn’t feel so unfriendly anymore. Parked the vehicle and visited the residents of this lovely community. They have a view worth looking upon for the rest of their eternal life.Written October 26, 2019
- I have been riding this little train since I was a child. It brings back so many wonderful memories of reunions and picnics in the park that always included a ride on the Gypsy Express. My children, who are now adults, consider it a tradition to ride the train at least once while in Staunton. We all love it!Written July 27, 2019
- We had a full day to spend in Staunton, so we started round the corner from our hotel, at the R.R. Smith Centre. During our visit there was a display of fine colonial period silverware—both American and British. There was also a display of 17th and 18th century maps of French wine-growing regions, as well as notes from Thomas Jefferson’s tour of those regions in 1787. Both were fascinating. In the other gallery there was a marvellous display of artisanry from around the region: woodwork, pottery, painting, photography, weaving and more. The exhibition was competitively decided by a panel of judges. We very much enjoyed what we saw—and even lightened our wallets with a couple of purchases. As exhibitions regularly change, we’ll certainly stop in again when we are next here.Written December 29, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Staunton