Top Attractions in Norfolk
What travelers are saying
- The ship was was big and interesting. It was a self-guided tour, with just a few staff that we encountered aboard. But they were friendly. The ship could benefit from some additional staff or from some directional signs; we never did end up seeing the brig or the library. Also, the adjoining Nauticus museum didn't seem to have a very good flow, to find your way around. But I'm glad we went.Written December 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had visited this garden many years ago and enjoyed our springtime visit. We recently returned to see the Garden of Lights evening event, which we also enjoyed. Overall, the lights were very pretty. We liked that they have a one-way path through the lights; it keeps everyone going the same direction at generally the same pace. The path ends at the parking lot, but you can re-enter the main entrance building to use restrooms and visit the gift shop (but you cannot re-enter the garden to see the lights again). There was a food truck parked near the beginning of the route, but the line was very long; they could use another truck near the end as well. It only took us 75 minutes to walk through (we thought that the ticket price was a bit high for the short time we spent here); since we chose an early entrance time, there was still plentiful parking.Written December 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I especially enjoyed the Tiffany glass, the modern art, and the ancient Egyptian artifacts. My husband especially enjoyed the pre-Columbian items from the Americas, and the Tiffany glass. We liked the museum a lot. But I was a bit disappointed that the photography exhibit seemed to be closed for renovations or something... oh, well, maybe next time!Written December 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice area downtown. On the waterfront. Great museums. Lots of interesting places to eat and look. We loved the Navy Museum.Written November 13, 2022
- A wonderful morning walking around the Virginia Zoo and it wasn’t crowded at all. We had the best time watching the new baby giraffe having the zoomies.
I loved that we received 50% off admission price since we have a zoo membership for the Philadelphia Zoo.Written October 22, 2022
- didn't do the guided tour and wish that we did to get all the historical information. Mostly drove the base and marveled at the many awesome ships in port.Written July 26, 2022
- Set aside a couple of hours and stroll through a well laid out museum. A great place to take the kids.Written September 14, 2022
- Great McArthur artifacts. But the labels connect the stories and make the experience. Plan on at least an hour and a half to really appreciate this wonderful museum.Written April 23, 2022
- This is a beautiful little Asian garden that was gifted to Norfolk by Taiwan. Asian foliage surrounds a pond and a short walking path. The restaurant was closed, but its pagoda inspired architecture is beautiful. It will just take a few minutes to walk through and it's worth a look.Written May 16, 2022
- Be sure to discover this beautiful estate and gardens in a lovely Norfolk neighborhood. Very manageable and professional and a truly relaxing experience.Written July 13, 2022
- I love this mall! It is an absolute splurge to go here! There are so many different stores, boutiques, and places that are not in any other mall in the area. Great food, and parking is very convenient!Written April 10, 2022
- A fried of our daughters has an internship in the glassblowing area. We got a tour of the museum. It was amazing. I would highly recommend it to all age groups. No rush, just need the time to absorb everything. Soooo much to see. The artists have an amazing talent. A must see is the glass chess set. No words can describe it.Written November 3, 2022
- This is probably not like most reviews of this place. We were just going to take photos of it, collect some sand from the beach for a beach sand collection, and move along. But, suddenly, my wife was desperate for a restroom. Rather than risk trying to find something down the road, she opted to walk out to the pier building to use their restroom. I'm frankly glad she needed a restroom at that moment, because she would not normally have liked walking out there and back, since her stamina levels are not as high as mine. (We are 71 and 70.) I'm glad she needed this place, since I got great photos, and got to actually experience this local delight. It was fascinating, even though neither of us fish!
Plus, I am very grateful that the guy behind the counter didn't charge us for use of the pier. There is a sign that says it's $8.00 for seniors, $11 otherwise, but since we used the restroom, purchased some snacks, and then left, he didn't ask us for payment. Thank you to whoever you were for understanding or need at the time.
By the way, if you do fish, this seems like it would be a fantastic experience, and the beach is beautiful, seems to have a shallow slope from what was seen from people in the water, and the sand is small tan grains.Written October 11, 2021
- Well I really enjoyed the trip it was really fun, and I would really love to go for another wonderful tripWritten July 20, 2022
- Plays at the VSC are great for the experienced playgoer! The plays are produced in Norfolk, not done with a traveling cast.Written September 24, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Norfolk
Norfolk Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 7:07 AM|