- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
85 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 85
What travelers are saying
- This was a very cool place to visit. Lots of cool outdoor art. There were a lot of ingenious ideas with the artwork. Gotta see and visit when in Lynchburg!Written May 25, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a lovely place to visit in Lynchburg! The setting is so peaceful, and you can walk for several hours through the grounds. There are many African Americans buried here, as well as both Confederate and Union soldiers. The cemetary is just packed full of history. There are various gardens that are in bloom. Also included are historic buildings that have a push-button narration which tells you about how various buildings were used. Don't miss this wonderful,peaceful place!Written July 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took our dog for a long walk here. It was so nice! For one thin, it's shady, so even in the summer, it's not too hot! There are various "spurs" on the trail where you can see trestles, a stone tunnel (which is lit up inside), and there is even a coffee shop at one point where you can stop for a refreshment. The Awareness Garden is lovely and is right near the coffee shop. Great place to run or walk or bike!Written July 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You can walk up onto the porch and around the grounds to take pictures as it overlooks Lynchburg. Beautiful setting!Written November 23, 2021
- Love this trail. Every time I come home to Lynchburg I spend every day walking 5-10 miles of the trail. Just wanted to say well done on the addition from Linkhorne Middle school to Ed Page. Lovely stretch and nice addition and great parking at LMS on weekends!Written September 12, 2021
- My teens loved this place. They have 21,000 square feet of animals of all kinds where children can interact and pet many of them. Highly recommend.Written June 14, 2022
- This little local history museum is surprisingly well done and is home to an impressive number of interesting and relevant artifacts. Absolutely worth the walk through. Its free and the view from the museum is one of the best in the city.Written June 3, 2021
- Unique attraction. My nephews got a kick out of going down the inner tubes. Adults might get tired of it fairly quickly, but I had fun.Written February 22, 2021
- Great place for a walk, run, or biking. Shaded. Well used. Easy to get to. Easy parking. Will be going back. Mire communities should have areas like this.Written June 29, 2021
- This is a small collection of excellent paintings. Unlike big and famous museums whose art works are widely available of the finest quality online and in multiple albums, this collection one can enjoy only in person. And it is definitely worth two hours of your precious time.Written July 5, 2021
- Enter. Pay. Watch the kids go wild. That's about the extent of Bounce About and it's perfect for any occasion. There are numerous different inflatables, as well as, a new interactive floor game that the kids really enjoyed. This is time and money well spent to get the wiggles out of your children.Written June 1, 2017
- Grand old theater that has been meticulously restored. Good acoustics; wonderful place to enjoy a show, particularly music. There is additionally a smaller theater adjacent to the main theater and an art gallery.Written January 3, 2020
- We purchased a combo ticket for Poplar Forest and the D-Day Memorial. It was a great investment.
We participated in one of the guided tours and it was a great tour. The guide told engaging stories and knew an incredible amount about Jefferson and his style. It is not a huge building, but the thought and design are amazing as is the ongoing restoration.Written August 1, 2022
- As someone who works in the field of landscape design, this was a wonderful experience. To learn about Anne Spenser's garden and its history was enough, but to also see the extraordinary home and learn about the Spensers' decades of creative art and craft was inspiring. Clearly they were pioneers in ecological thinking, re- and upcycling, garden design, and much more. I came away with a deeper understanding of what it means to build community and raise a family.Written July 25, 2022
- Dedicated to local men who died during numerous conflicts beginning with the Civil War through the Vietnam. The monument is located on 10-teirs between Church Street and Court Street. There is also a plaque for Lynchburg resident Desmond Doss, the soldier who's story is told in the movie Hacksaw Ridge. Doss received the Medal of Honor for his heroism on Okinawa in WW2. If visiting Lynchburg take time to visit the Monument Terrace, I think you will be impressed.Written June 1, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Lynchburg