Tours near Herndon
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Historic home and farm belonging to the Kidwell family. You can see the home as they lived in it in the 1930’s: wood fueled range, early electric refrigerator, telephone on the wall, the family radio!! There are out buildings: a cider press, blacksmith shop, dairy barn, schoolhouse, etc. And the store has an interesting display of products like they would have sold (and modern snacks, drinks, ice cream that one can purchase!). In the visitors center there is an exhibit room with lots of information on how life would have been in this community and on the farm. Nicely done!Written April 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went with good friends to NextStop Theatre on the Saturday before the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. What a perfect time to see The Mountaintop, brilliantly written by Katori Hall. The pacing of the show and direction by Kevin McAllister were perfect. The two exceptional actors were required to express an abundance of feelings, movements, and attitudes throughout 90 minutes, which flew by quickly. Curtis McNeil as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. portrayed doubt, fear, passion, and gratitude, while Shayla Simmons as the hotel maid brought coffee, humor, curiosity, teasing, compassion, and more. Simmons has an outstanding flair for physical comedy, from her facial expressions and body stances to excellent slapstick and oration. The script shows Dr. King as truly human – full of misgivings, yet struggling to continue to serve his cause. McNeil also had his share of physical humor when an ingenious plot twist revved up the action. As the ending neared, the actors’ feelings were palpable. A beautiful script, talented actors, great director, and effective stage crew need an appreciative audience. There are ten dates left in this series; get your tickets as fast as you can! I look forward to seeing Simons, McNeil, and McAllister in other productions in our area. Bravo to all.Written January 19, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The taproom in Herndon is more like a complex...a multi-story taproom/brewery, a large open area with picnic-table and individual chair style seating (some underneath a canopy, and an attached bakery/restaurant. The ordering set-up is via mobile app; I very much prefer paper/hard-copies of menus, but at least the table numbering and ordering were accurate.
The staff here was very friendly throughout my stay. The burger was very good, and the fried cheese curds interesting, but not all that bad. The beer......was very good! Enjoy all of this outside during a gorgeous spring evening was a great experience.Written April 18, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Tucked out of the way (but plenty of parking close by), this is a gem of a small art gallery. The exhibits I've seen so far have been wonderful. It's not very big, but well worth the time to visit.Written March 6, 2020
- I swim a mile 6 days a week so wherever I travel I look for a pool, outdoor during the summer and indoor the rest of the time. My friends live in Herndon and they recommended this place. We found the Lap Lanes open all Friday Afternoon & I swam my mile. It’s a lovely facility with a great hot tub and nice sauna in the changing room. They also had weights and various other workout machines. We’re going back tomorrow again!Written February 8, 2019
- We had the best time! Everyone in our group from age 63 to age 2 had a blast. Very organized activity and our game master, Vee was the best!Written November 21, 2023
- I and my friends like to ride this trail on our bikes. It has the advantage of being in the shade for the most part. And, while much of the trail is in good shape, there are several places where the trail is a real washboard in need of some maintenance. You should also be aware that there are several fords across Sugarland Run that can be tricky because of algae or just the speed of the stream after a rain storm. So, it's a great place for a walk and a good place for a ride assuming your bikes are built for a few bumps in the rough spots.Written July 2, 2019
- Very congested course with layout of the tees overlapping each other and multiple times we had ball from other tees landing on our fairways .
Pace was slow as we stated a most one hour late .
Many holes were interesting but overall was not impressed by the course and will not come back again .Written October 31, 2022
- Very nice car service. The service was flawless. I was met by a well dressed driver in a beautiful car. He was at the airport before my flight arrived and the the service was great. I highly recommend.Written September 23, 2023
- First of All, I don't know where to start, or WHY I can't give a zero-star review. So I'll state the order of terrible events in order.
1. The Cashier was so mean, always so rude. The Price was fine, but they gave us random sock sizes, most of which did not fit. So we had to spend more money
2. For the price we paid, there were WAAAY too many restrictions. Tons of stairs were blocked, the Arcade was so expensive and barely had any prizes. The Machines were inconvenient and outdated. They were so "nice", then after we paid, there were so many pop-up restrictions, and it even says in their expensive "Fun-Packs" or whatever, YOU HAD TO PAY FOR WATER!!!Written January 8, 2021
- All the theaters here have reclining seats, so it’s nice and comfortable. 2 downsides: 1. They keep the temperature really low in the winter. 2. The bathrooms are not that clean. They do need to be upgraded/maintained better.Written February 2, 2020
- Not bad. Nice atmosphere, but the entrance was a little hard to find. The food was good. We had burgers and steaks. It was the closest restaurant to our hotel that was still open by the time we arrived.Written June 9, 2021
- Warning to families!! Check the age requirements before purchasing tickets. Apparently, on the home page Pinot’s Palette posts a disclaimer of 16+ and 12+ age requirements for certain classes. However, when a user selects a class and completes a purchase, the age requirement is not displayed. In addition, the age requirement is not provided in the system generated confirmation email.
I purchased tickets for Saturday of Mother’s Day weekend for myself plus my daughter’s ages: 7yr old, 13 yr old, 14yr old and 19yr old. We arrived Saturday at 6pm and were seated with aprons, taking pictures and looking forward to the class. Then we were told that we had to leave because the class was 16+yr old. Very disappointing. Robyn then “rescheduled” us for Sunday of Mother’s Day weekend, but when I called to confirmed she explained that the class age requirement was 12+yr old.
Given its Mother’s Day, I was not going to exclude my 7yr old. Thus, I requested a refund but Robyn refused. Therefore, I’m escalating and filing a consumer complaint with the appropriate agencies. This is not acceptable that Pinot’s Palette can charge $45 a ticket and not clearly state their refund policy or age requirements.Written May 13, 2018
- Huge stock of Anime Merch. Figures and hoodies like Naruto, attack on titan, demon slayer, my hero academia, one piece, one punch man, hunter x hunter and moreWritten January 21, 2021
Herndon Attractions Information
|Saturday 5:01 PM|