- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
37 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 37
What travelers are saying
- We enjoyed the farm experience in such a beautiful location. The place is a tourist trap fo sure, but we got into it. We live in Waikiki Beach, so we live in a tourist trap. We had fun at morse farm. We also paid $25.00 for a quart of maple syrup. This is exactly twice as much as we pay at Costco here in Honolulu. Go figure? We paid it anyway, because we were there.Written October 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hubby and i stopped here after seeing a brochure for them and I’m SO glad we did!! What a beautiful place!! We were greeted by a sweet woman who told us about the history of the sugar house. Let us sample the different kinds of syrups ( light to dark) and we saw a short film. There was a lot to see in the gift shop, too!! The property is gorgeous! Very clean, well kept and the staff could not have been more helpful! We HIGHLY recommend Visiting and we WILL be back!Written October 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our leaf peeping fall foliage road trip took us through Montpelier and I recalled seeing this beautiful iconic building years ago. It is an elegant gold domed building with hills in the background and vibrant colorful trees in the foreground. It was just gorgeous and well worth the stop!!!Written October 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Camel’s Hump is Vermont’s second highest mountain and one of the best hikes in the state. On a clear day, you feel like you are on top of the world. You can see to Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks in the west to the Jay and Mount Washington in the North and the beautiful Green Mountain and White Mountain range in the east. The paths are well-marked, but the upper part of the mountain does require a bit of navigation to climb over some of the ledges.Written July 21, 2021
- this was an excellent museum, 5 star. i had to rush thru the whole thing as i arrived late, but the museum guy gave me 20 min past closing. i will return for sure, what an excellent museum.Written September 22, 2022
- It's a nice and easy walk to the base of the tower. The stairs inside are a little steeper than the walk up the hill,but they are still easy. Amazing view at the top of course. Fun Fact, the tower used to be used to scout for fires in the town back when the hill wasn't covered in trees. The tower is just up the hill from the State house so you can stop by if you are going to the State house.Written August 2, 2022
- Even if you’re in town for only a few days be sure to catch Pride and Prejudice at Lost Nation Theatre. It’s a rollicking laugh out loud high jinks interpretation on a classic. And ... a befuddled Mr Darcy still ends up with a resolute, before her time feminist, Lizzy just like We always imaginedWritten October 12, 2019
- Not a lot to say about a statue. This one is located right next to the door of the state Capitol building. It’s under cover and well-maintained and the marble is gleaming white without any stains, bird poop or weathering.Written May 30, 2022
- Small town vibe. Good food down town. The state museum was very informative. Toured State house on A Saterday for free. All staff were super nice. Town shuts down at 9 pm thought. It was good and bad. No nonsense at night, but if you dont get out early night is wasted.Written November 28, 2022
- Easy to find and worth the stop. Theres some information and history inside on the walls..There’s so many covered bridges to see in Vermont.Written October 10, 2022
- Saw North Branch at Quechee Balloon Festival. LOVE the Proprietors Blend. Dry red that invites you to enjoy every sip. No shock or tartness. Very subtly fizzy. I am amazed. Thank you! Seems like it is perfect for everyone I offer it to. The owner is a lot of fun but also an artist.Written June 19, 2022
- I graduated from Vermont College in the 1960s. Back then it was a two year school for girls offering associate degrees. Now it is called Vermont College of Fine Arts offering master's degrees. My daughter recently moved to Montpelier, so when I came to town for a visit, I took the time to revisit the campus. Much to my delight, except for the new sign on the quad, the campus looks exactly the same as when I attended. Quaint, charming and quintessential New England. It sure brought back many great memories. What a lovely place to pursue a degree.Written February 18, 2020
- The Pavilion Building is located a stone's throw from the Vermont State House. The building is historic and is home to the Historical Society and some state offices. The building is not the style one might expect of a state office building - but look hard and the deep verandas and high ceilings. All Lovely!Written February 19, 2017
- I had heard so much about Green Mount Cemetery, especially Black Agnes, a supposedly 'haunted' sculptured tombstone that will doom anyone who sits in her lap at midnight (right). There are several beautiful stones and statuary here. Some favorites are the Resurrection and the Life and the famous stairway to nowhere. It's a very hilly cemetery to walk through, and it's not easy to drive through either due to several narrow lanes with little ditches on either side.Written October 10, 2022
- Visitors to Montpelier and Vermont can get a lot of useful help here on what to see and when and where to go. For hikers especially, the Green Mountain Club in Waterbury is also another excellent source of information. But the staff at the Department of Tourism is knowledgeable and helpful and, yes, very clean bathrooms. Public transportation is spotty in Montpelier so you may have to drive to get to the Department of Tourism.Written December 18, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Montpelier
- The best outdoor activities in Montpelier according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Montpelier on Tripadvisor
Montpelier Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 1:29 AM|