Things to Do in Mendon
Things to Do in Mendon, VT - Mendon Attractions
Things to Do in Mendon
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- From the parking lot, this trail is wide and flat till it comes to a bridge; narrows a bit and has more rocks and roots; when it veers away from the brook, it becomes one person wide; great for 1-3 hours; connects to trails leading toward Pico, Killington and the Appalachian/Long Trails. Can be done in winter as well, with snow shoes, connects also to cross country ski trails.Written November 12, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Granddaughter and I hiked the Canty Trail to Blue Ridge Mountain near Killington, Vt one beautiful summer day. Round trip is approx 4.9 miles. It is listed as moderate, but some parts are quite steep. They suggest 2.5 to 3.5 hours, we did it in a little less. Elevation at peak is 3278 ft. You have to look closely on Old Turnpike Road to see the entrance sign for the hike. It is not highly marked. There is a small pull off for cars. Nice trail that starts off somewhat level for awhile in a nice forest setting. Streams are crossed on sturdy logs and bridges. As the climb begins up the mountain there are rock steps built into the trail. About one mile in there is a beautiful cascade falls to the left of the trail that is well worth a visit. Granddaughter climbed all around this feature and was enthralled with it. As you climb the forest gives way to more coniferous growth. At the top, the summit is a round rock outcropping that is totally surrounded by brush and trees affording no view whatsoever. Nearby, is a spur trail that takes you to an overlook that is just wonderful. You look toward Rutland and all down the valley south. Loads of mountains in view and possibly even the Adirondacks. We had a snack there and took a selfie. She and I do enjoy moving quickly down trails, still being careful but letting gravity take over, thus we got down pretty fast. A nice lunch at Sushi Yoshi on the mountain road in Killington rounded out our adventure very nicely.Written November 1, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped here for lunch when visiting family in the area and really enjoyed it. It's a cute setup with the mini golf and a batting cage too. They have a snack bar with food and ice cream. I got chicken tenders and others had hamburgers. It was nice to sit outside at the picnic tables in this lovely setting. I want to return and try their ice cream on another visit.Written May 22, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you love yoga and exercise, or even if you are curious and want to try a couple of hot types of yoga, this is the place. The instructors are enthusiastic and want you to experience the value of practicing yoga whatever your level of fitness or experience level. Bikram is my favorite but the Hot Pilates and Flow classes are fun too.
There are yoga packages available for purchase or pay as you go. Yoga mats, towels, water available. Bathroom and shower present.
"Change Slowly"my friend!Written October 30, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Mendon
- The top attractions to visit in Mendon are: See all attractions in Mendon on Tripadvisor
Mendon Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 6:01 PM|