- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
33 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 33
What travelers are saying
- I'm here on business and trying to see any sights in the area. This was my 1st stop and it was great to see a replica of history. Thank youWritten November 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was special and this man deserves a memorial for him. He is a part of history that every child should learn about. He is a true hero. This memorial is well done and I think gives the respect He deserves.Written November 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A Shakespearian Theatre is highly unique to our West Texas culture. In 1968, I was privileged to have been taught English by Margorie Morris, an avid Shakespearian enthusiast, who inspired me to choose English as my course of study in college. Mrs. Morris finished her Master Thesis in England and returned to Odessa with a fiery passion to build an authentic replica of London’s 1598 William Shakespeare Globe Theatre at the Thames River for the Odessa College campus. Adjacent to the Globe Theatre is a replica of the home of Anne Hathaway, Shakespeare’s wife, which houses a library archive and dining room for quaint meetings with a large portrait of Margorie Morris overlooking the activities.
Today, The Globe of the Great Southwest built on March 7, 1958, continues to shine as a theatrical beacon of history, antiquity, classical and contemporary artistry. The annual Shakespeare Festival hosts classical drama, operas, ballets, and chamber music events. Kiss Me Kate was the first production in 1964.
Contact the website for current events. Do not miss the fabulous acoustics in the newly renovated octagonal shaped blue seated theatre. The Globe Theatre is registered at the Texas State Historical Association.Written March 9, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was nice and interesting visiting this museum and seeing the various exhibits from photos from famous photographers and various generational displays. It was definitely worth seeing.Written February 12, 2020
- This museum is small, but amazing! They have gorgeous oil paintings of the Presidents and First Ladies! They have a rare set of wood mosaic portraits of the presidents which is outstanding! The portraits alone are worth a visit.
Each president has a small collection of items from their time of service. It could be a campaign button, a coin, a bronze bust, etc. Each collection varies as it’s size is determined by donations given by others. [So if you have presidential memorabilia, this would be a great place to donate it.]
Each presidential collection also includes a First Lady doll clothed in a replica dress.
There is an amazing collection of presidential books in their library for research purposes.
I highly recommend this to all who enjoy presidential history.Written February 18, 2020
- This is a nice 19th century home with a somewhat interesting history. The home is filled with some nice antiques, but I don’t think many are original to the home. Larry was our docent, and he did a decent job of showing us around. It only took about 20 minutes and is worth a stop if you are in Odessa.Written February 16, 2022
- I saw Aladdin Jr. At the Permian Playhouse. The production that the Kaleidoscope Company put on was top notch. These kids did an outstanding job. They are doing Shrek Jr. and Mulan Jr. next year. If you want you to see a great group of talented kid, I suggest that you see both productions.Written June 24, 2018
- Very pretty at Christmas, they do a huge display and even have Santa come visit on weekend nights, other times during the year I am not so sure about my review will only be about DecemberWritten October 26, 2015
- Older mall. Clean. Everyone was nice. Even though we didn't have time to ice skate. The rink is a major plus. A nice mall for a short outing.Written June 19, 2018
- called and number is no longer in service, going by to see whats there, was really looking forward to going and having a good time with my sweetieWritten April 13, 2017
- We love the special events at the coliseum. The coliseum is surrounded by different buildings. Those buildings are where the smaller special shows are usually held such as the gun and knife show. Most of the dealers at these type of shows prefer only cash because there is something in the roof that keeps the wifi from working for many dealers. But they do have a cash ATM machine inside the building. But there are usually long lines at those ATMs. You will need to plan on going elsewhere for lunch or dinner, but they will stamp the back of your hand so you can get back into the shows. And yes, they do background checks if you are purchasing guns. And the law enforcement do mingle with the crowds. Guns are required to be unloaded and well tied down. We haven't been to a bigger event yet in the Coliseum itself, but a few are scheduled I believe.Written June 10, 2021
- When we arrived he took us back right away and got us started. We did the Baker Street Mystery room. It was fun and kept us thinking! We did not solve the murder in the hour. When we came out we asked how much it would be to keep going so we could solve it and he said that they were actually closed that day. He said we booked before he could get the day blacked out. I was very pleased to know he did not cancel our reservation and stayed open for just us! We had a great time and will be going back!Written August 20, 2018
- One of the few places in Midland/ Odessa to take the entire family. From adults to toddlers everyone can enjoy themselves. Plush theater seats, food menu is decent, video game, laser tag, bowling, pool tables and drinks for adults who like that.Written February 3, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Odessa
Odessa Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 5:14 AM|