Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Specialty Museums
- Top Picks
- Walking & Biking Tours
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Historic Sites
- Bus Services
- Private & Custom Tours
- Outdoor Activities
- Shows, Concerts & Sports
- Architectural Buildings
- Likely to Sell Out
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Luxury & Special Occasions
Top Attractions in Fort Worth
Neighborhoods • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Downtown Fort Worth
Speciality Museums • Natural History Museums
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Went here on a hot day in Spring so it was rough given the size of the park and since early in year and with Covid, many kiosks were closed so little food and water. We walked the entire park and realized that one arm of the park had a train going to it. We didn't realize this until the end and wish we would have taken it one way.
The reptile house was very good but super crowded so with Covid that was a little stressful. Again, very hot inside.
Overall a great park with plenty of animals to see.
Parking is rather crazy, got there at around 10:30 and had to park in a dusty overflow across the street. But this wasn't as bad as people that had to park a mile away and walk the main road to get the zoo. Definitely come as early as possible to avoid parking woes.Written August 7, 2022
- Exploring. Eating lunch. Water garden. Amtrack ride was fun with grandkids. Visited a free museum. Shopping.Written July 20, 2022
- Was simply amazing, loads of shops, great food and the best experiences with wonderful activities an absolute must when I. Fort Worth!Written August 12, 2022
- The meters take coins and it's not expensive. Pleasant gardens to stroll in/through. Different areas. It wasn't busy or noisy when we went. That was nice. Interesting signs to read.Written August 16, 2022
- An amazing museum. The web site doesn't do it justice! So many fabulous paintings and pieces of art.Written July 28, 2022
- Well worth the time and money. The gardens were wonderful. The pace was at your leisure and the flowers and plants were a joy to see and appreciate.Written June 8, 2022
- We have been to this garden area several times but really enjoy it when taking our grandchildren to the Japanese Festival in October. That is a unique experience!Written April 25, 2022
- The tours are informative. They won't let you bring cameras, and I recommend only carrying a wallet on the tour. You won't be disappointed! The currency printing process is fascinating.Written March 1, 2022
- Took our 4 year old there. Took us about 1 1/2 hours. She enjoyed looking at all the animals and feeding some.
Lots of different fish to see and feed. Turtles were a bit hit with everyone. Land turtles, water turtles and very large turtles. Snakes, lizards and birds. There were not many workers around the animals. Actually on one lady with the parakeets.
This was a good time for younger children. Interaction with some animals and a chance to learn about them.Written July 11, 2022
- A delightful museum with many amazing pieces of art. Be sure to dine in the Cafe Modern during your visit - the food is wonderful and the service is the best!Written July 28, 2022
- I have visited TMS four times now. The first time our family had stopped in just to look around and take on on track tour as it wasn't a race day. That was pretty cool. The G forces that you feel just driving 20 and 55 mph is something, let alone at over 130 mph.
The second and third time was a couple of years ago when my son and I had gotten racing weekend tickets for both the Xfinety and Cup series races.
The fourth time was just for the Cup All Star Race as it happened to be going on while we were going to vacation there. My son and I enjoyed ourselves very much. If you like racing, then you should try and attend Texas Motor Speedway sometime.Written July 20, 2022
- Fantastic display of art. And the amount of volunteers stationed throughout the building was amazing. Our kids enjoyed it just as much as we did, and that says a lot. Best part is parking and admission are free! Highly recommend to families with teenagers.Written August 1, 2022
- I’m traveling through TX with my mom & she likes rodeos. So when I found out that there was going to be a rodeo to attend, I had to buy tickets. We had a great time (my first time to a rodeo), and the place was nice.Written November 7, 2021
- I went to Burger Lake as a teen and haven’t been in years. We went yesterday with two young girls, 5 and 2. Everyone had a absolute blast!!! The Sandy beaches were a big hit as was watching people fly off the swing. It was busy but we easily found parking and a picnic table. We never felt crowded and there is so much room to spread out.
The only negative thing I have to say is that it was disappointing that the playground and trampoline cost extra. We paid 60.00 to get in and I feel it should be all included.
Other than that, everything was great!!!Written August 2, 2022
- The staff characters who demonstrate crafts and discuss the history of the buildings are great! The folks in the gift shop are friendly. The buildings and contents are fun if you're into pioneer era articles.Written August 7, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Fort Worth
- The best day trips from Fort Worth according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Small-Group Dallas and Fort Worth City Sightseeing Tour
- Create Your Own Dallas and Fort Worth Combination Tour
- Half-Day Guided Tour of North Texas Wineries and Vineyards with Wine Tastings
- Fort Worth Highlights Tour
- 5-Hour Guided Best of Fort Worth Historical Tour
- The most popular things to do in Fort Worth with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Bass Performance Hall
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Fort Worth Japanese Garden
- Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District
- Fort Worth Zoo