Points of Interest & Landmarks • Piers & Boardwalks
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Came today with my family as always a beautiful little friendly village with breathtaking views!! The shops are a little pricey and the public toilets you now have to pay 50p to use which is disappointing especially people with big families.Written June 7, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Looked the church up on Google. Has a great deal of history inside and out, but it was closed on our visit, should check before you go.Written June 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great for little ones - especially if walking running free. Good in rain or sun, I suspect though it was drizzling for us. Both boys loved it: exploring and finding fairy dust and “ secret” doorways. Said tickets needed - but nowhere and no one to buy from so was definitely worth it!Written August 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This lovely old village is worth a visit take the circular route by the lock and back to the village with many coffee shops to choose from.Written October 5, 2023
- Lovely gallery, with a range of reasonably priced paintings, prints and gifts. The owner left us to browse but was also happy to answer any questions. The gallery also does framing. All in all, this is a gallery that is not remotely snobby nor do they try to give you the hard sell the minute you walk in the door. Highly recommended if you are looking for reasonably priced artwork or a cheap print as a souvenir!Written June 20, 2021
- Very nice strenuous but not difficult hike. Start on a path next to the village school. take a bridge across the highway, A82, pass a house on the right and go through the gate ascending a grassy path uphill through a meadow into the trees. The trail becomes a mix or grass and rock which continues up through a peaty area and then to the ridge line. The trail overlooks Luss and Loch Lomond with numerous viewpoints for photos.. At the top you can continue on a loop to return or go bak the way you came up. It was misting and rained for a short while during the hike. Wear layers and a rain jacket. With lunch it took us approximately 4 1/2 hours to complete the hike.Written October 11, 2022
- This is a small (and somehow unimpressive) memorial located in Luss, on the bank of picturesque Loch Lomond.Written September 11, 2021
- Had a great day down at the Carrick course, Loch Lomond, enjoying a voucher Christmas present of a game, range balls and a lesson. Great present,
COURSE IS A BRILLIANT LAYOUT WITH SOME STUNNING VIEWS FROM 10th and 14th greens overlooking the bottom holes and Loch Lomond and the hills.
Course is still saturated and water in places I have never seen on the course before. Some new surprising water hazards.
2nd tee for ladies had 13 golf balls on it from the driving range, a definite hazard that needs to be recognised and tackled.
Pro lesson was good and driving range for iron play was off matts but fairly good. You mostly hit into water, which is a bit strange.Written March 14, 2015
- Great wee shop and staff very helpful. I always love visiting this place as it has lots of locally crafted things to buy and great general Scotland products which I loveWritten April 20, 2022
- Hired two bikes. One mountain bike for my grandson, one electric for myself. Cycled up to Luss. Grandson found his mountain bike hard going. We popped into their Luss office and swapped his for an electric one. Small charge, but great service. He loved it. Will definitely be back next year for a longer hire. Great day out.
Thank you.Written October 29, 2023
- Absolutely fantastic day with our adventure guide, Paddy. Great knowledge and he had us in stitches for most of the day! It was amazing to be in the clouds. Highly recommend.Written November 27, 2023
- spent a Saturday afternoon and night in this hotel as a birthday treat in September hotel busy (wedding Fare) 20 minutes to access car park due to taxis and mini buses blocking hotel entrance further 15 mins to book in room had lovely view of loch decor very tired. Restaurant for dinner food nice staff attentive although menu has surcharges on most items breakfast self service buffet style not very warm overall experience a let down. J T.Written October 16, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Luss
- The best day trips from Luss according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Private Tour of the Highlands from Edinburgh
- Standing Stones, Inveraray and Kilchurn Castles & Highland Tour starting Glasgow
- West Highland Lochs, Mountains & Castles from Edinburgh
- Glenfinnan, Mallaig and Glencoe Adventure from Glasgow
- Glencoe & Scottish Highlands Guided Tour with Waterfalls Walk starting Glasgow
Luss Attractions Information
|Tuesday 8:05 PM|