*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We really enjoyed this park. Animals and habitats are clean and beautiful. Bears are awesome to watch.Written September 17, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Who would have known this attraction would turn out to be a 5 Star one? From the outside, we saw some lovely gardens but the best is inside. It’s almost like a mini Butchart Gardens in Victoria! They take a lot of care of their grounds, Oh yeah, there’s reptiles too! Any some pretty exotic ones at that. Snakes, alligators, frogs, crocodiles and even a Komodo dragon. An avery too. A large gift shop and snack bar with plenty of outside seating. We had a great time and I think you will too.Written September 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Badlands National Park is very different to other National Parks, It has spectacular views and canyons however the rock formations are very different to those of Bryce, Zion and the Grand Canyon.
Badlands buttes, pinnacles and spires are eroding much more quickly than in other National Parks which means the views are ever changing There are rolling grass prairies and we think this National Park is a hidden gem which is well worth a visit.
If you get chance stop at the famous Wall Drug establishment which first became famous for offering free iced water to thirsty travelers in the 1930's The place is an eclectic mix of all kinds of goods for sale and also has a good self order cafeteria restaurant in which the food is good and the service quick and you can still get free iced water or a 5c cup of coffee if you want one.Written September 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Situated in a residential area, the Chapel sits on manicured, spacious grounds. Volunteers are knowledgeable and willing to give you a history of it. Once you enter the Chapel, there is a button to push to play the recording of information for about 10 minutes. It’s a simple Chapel but very charming. Be sure to walk the trail outback that has plaques and statues. Very nice. There is a small museum off to the side as well as a gift shop. Reasonably priced items that will surely catch your eye. There is picnic table if you would like to bring a lunch.Written September 15, 2023
- I LOVED this park but unfortunately my personal experience was not great. The website did not state that the merry go round and train run only after 4:00 pm. We planned a morning visit while on vacation and did not have the flexibility to return. But this park is a treasure for the children of Rapid City and those fortunate to visit as they pass through. Take a picnic and enjoy some family time!!Written August 27, 2023