Points of Interest & Landmarks • Parks
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
184 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 184
What travelers are saying
- Cool breezes off the Cooper River felt good. Splashing in the fountain cooled my feet. Waterfront Park has lots of benches, many under shady trees, for resting. Do stop at the Robert Smalls Memorial and learn about a courageous American hero.Written September 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We viewed the bridge from several different places as we traveled about town from site to site. It is an amazing, beautiful structure.Written September 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took the boat from Patriots Point to Ft Sumter. About a 30 minute cruise. The Ranger at Ft Sumter provided an excellent briefing on the history of Ft Sumter and the Civil War. Excellent information.Written September 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our group of 6 enjoyed the tour. Our tour guide was engaging and quite knowledgeable about the history of the plantation and the times. As we were touring the home, we were fortunate to meet Toby and Mary (who was working on her Beloved: Legacy of Slavery collection). I cannot say enough about Toby who took the time to speak with us, in-depth, about the African-American experience as it relates to the plantation and listened to our concerns about the poor condition of the cemetery. Mary even went to great lengths to provide one group member with an email copy of a painting of one of Charleston's sons. It was a very moving experience and one we will surely remember.Written September 26, 2022
- Our visit to this area was 10 August 2022. We had been on a Carriage ride early during the week and passed through part of this area. One evening decided to come back to learning a little more and get a closer view. Peace and beautiful and witness a young man propose to his future wife. Was a little upset with a gentleman letting his big dog poop and not cleaning it up. No respect. But the walks and homes in this area are beautiful. Nice and peaceful with a nice breeze. Area is safe and located in prominent area.Written September 25, 2022
- Our visit was 11 August 2022. We had been on a Carriage ride early during the week and this house was brought to our attention. We took the tour of this house and it was very informative. The staff are very professional, pleasant, and knowledgeable. The stairwell which it is known for was beautiful. The whole house is lovely and puts you into the mind set of that period. We enjoyed chatting with staff and learning some interesting information. I would bring friends & family to this location again.Written September 25, 2022
- Super interesting, do not miss it on your visit to Charleston! Take the dungeon tour, included in the entrace fee, it’s very cool!Written September 19, 2022
- We took all ad on tours. I recommend that. Makes for a busy day. If you have trouble walking might wanna spread your visit into 2 days..Written September 18, 2022
- Early August 2022, the fountain is beautiful and the children just love it. More so that they can get wet in it even when it is raining outside. It's located in a nice & tourist populated area.Written September 25, 2022
- Visited the City Market and it was a delight of all types of merchandise from local vendors.
It’s a must visit to get souvenirs to take home.Written September 24, 2022
- Wonderful little museum, rich with slave history. Artifacts, photos, stories, newspaper articles and more are featured. This would be boring for most kids as you have to read everything. As an adult, I loved it. It is very small and does get very crowded and it can be hard to navigate. My one complaint is that the long haired kid working the desk was extremely unfriendly and acted like he’d rather be digging his eyes out with a spoon then working there. People who came in after us got a spiel about the museum, but for some reason he didn’t think we needed any acknowledgment. I almost turned around and left, but this museum was more important than this little jerk. If he’s a paid employee, I would fire him. Even my teenagers (experts in eye rolling, boredom and contempt) expressed their irritation at this guy. No eye contact, no friendliness, no explanation as to the history of the museum…nothing.Written September 3, 2022
- This was our second visit to this house. It is a beautiful old structure. My headset did not work the first part of the tour, so I missed all the information about the slave quarters and gardens, carriage house, stable, etc. The guide did give me another headset, so I enjoyed the rest of the tour. Enjoyable.Written September 19, 2022
- This was our first stop when we arrived in Charleston. The workers were extremely informative, and I think they saved us a ton of money.Written September 22, 2022
- Wonderful history and worth the see. The tour folks are excellent but need to move along the story faster given the heat.Written August 16, 2022
- This was a great adventure - so many things to see and learn from different animals, to how early settlers lived, ate, worked etc, to getting on a replica boat near the marsh, walking into a replica home with real food that would have been eating...Beautiful place!!Written September 14, 2022