- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Perfect way to spend a leisurely afternoon in the city. We explored gardens and grave sites at a nice pace all while taking in the beautiful architecture that Charleston has to offer.Written September 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a nicely shaded, smooth and well maintained trail that crosses some bridges and goes into a beautiful wooded area. There are several areas near marsh and water. This trail starts with about 2 or 3 miles of black pavement that goes through the backs of neighborhoods, and crosses streets. This first part is smooth enough for wheelchairs or strollers. Then the path becomes hard pack dirt for the next 5 or so miles, It is about 8 and 1/4 miles long total. The end of the path near Johns Island is the prettiest.No more construction on the path when we went today. Great for biking and jogging, great way to get some fresh air and exercise.Written October 26, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We started at the wappoo rd end. Parked in a vacant lot next to the start, trail is asphalt, winds through tree covered pathway between homes and open fields. One difficult spot, have to cross major road way (hwy 61). Walk ended at Higgins pier overlooking the Ashley river. 2.5 miles long. Very nice walk for a morning stroll, not busy at 900am in the morning. Great walk for strollers or young kids.Written August 23, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The trail is an old road so we have been told. The hike was pretty easy. The cascade is to the right after you pass the horse mounting. Be sure to use bug spray. Lots of nats hovering round. Butter flies everywhere. After we finished we went down a little way to the smoke town riding stables and took a 1hr trail ride. They also have 2.5 hours which takes the trail and will take you right to the cascade.Written June 23, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Charleston
- These places are best for hiking trails in Charleston:See more hiking trails in Charleston on Tripadvisor