Boat Tours • Dolphin & Whale Watching
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
9 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- I joined a free community kayak tour to Crab Bank Island, from 4:30-6:30pm. The group was large (25?) and the guides did a great job of safety and paddling instruction, fitting everyone for their kayaks, launching us all and departing on time. We spent about 90 minutes on the water, and the 3 guides were personable and provided valuable information about the bird sanctuary, conservation etc. The weather was perfect with tide and wind at our backs returning. More staff was waiting there to help us out of the water. An effortless fun adventure, suitable for all skill levels. I highly recommend it!Written September 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great experience to kayak through a black water swamp with Dallas, our energetic and knowledgable guide. Beautiful scenery and wildlife. Would definitely repeat this trip!Written May 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely fantastic experience l! Agreed to an extra hour for our bach cruise without question. I’ve been to several bachelorette parties and this was the best experience!Written September 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were fortunate enough to be able to arrange an early morning paddle board tour in Folly Beach for our family group of 11 adults/young adults on relatively short notice (next day). Kyle was very accommodating and was quite welcoming upon our arrival. His friendly, encouraging, and outgoing personality put even the most hesitant persons in our group at ease before and during the paddle board experience. This excursion was a family vacation highlight. I would highly recommend for anyone looking to do a paddle board tour in Charleston to choose this company. I don't think that you will be disappointed.Written August 9, 2019
- We booked a charter for my grandfather's 80th birthday and it was a perfect present! My grandfather has sailed his whole life, so to have the family there and sail around Charleston harbor was very special. Captain Bill knows the waters well and pointed out interesting facts about Charleston. The experience was a once in a lifetime celebration that has created a lasting and loving memory. Highly recommended!Written November 14, 2015
- A very good time with a tandem kayak and a paddle board. We were able to see a few dolphins and all the paddling we wanted to do! We would do it again with these folks, very helpfulWritten July 3, 2019
- We had a fantastic time paddle boarding with Ali! Our family of five, ages 11-50, had a fun time paddling. We did three paddleboards and one tandum kayak and it was a perfect combination. The older ones kayaked against the current and wind and the younger one was able to kayak back with the current and we all had a new experience. Ali was a great instructor and we would highly recommend this company. A storm was brewing during our first scheduled trip and Ali would not take any chances with our safety. He easily rescheduled our tour. Thankfully this happened early enough in our vacation so we had plenty of time to reschedule. He and his wife were helpful and friendly! Thanks!!!Written August 10, 2018
- I rarely get around to writing a review. It needs to be an extraordinary experience. Breakthrough Paddle Company is such an experience. I found them on google and liked their options for four different launch sites. Breakthrough has a mobile truck and trailer with all amenities. When I called they suggested the best site based on weather and crowds. Most rental and tour places are in a fixed location. On my tour were several repeat customers who like the variation in sites, and Nick, the company owner. He is a lifelong sailor, surfer, paddler and waterman. He literally grew up aboard boats and boards with travels all over the world, but settled here after graduating from the College of Charleston. Nick is genuinely nice and caring about his customers. You could tell that he wants to make sure that you have a great time. His equipment is new and well maintained. He has all safety equipment and procedures. In summary, I was very impressed with Breakthrough Paddle Co. I will be back again! They offer tours, rentals, lessons and private functions.Written August 24, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Charleston
- These are the best places for couples seeking stand-up paddleboarding in Charleston:See more stand-up paddleboarding for couples in Charleston on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking stand-up paddleboarding in Charleston:See more stand-up paddleboarding for groups in Charleston on Tripadvisor