Boat Tours • Dolphin & Whale Watching
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
9 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We took the Paddle and Hike on Kiawah River. This tour coincides with a high tide, so we took a 7am paddle which was like being in Paradise! Calm and clear and the hiking added so much to the trip. Tayt was a perfect guide and naturalist. He shared his excitement over each bird and animal sighting so the 3 teens we were with were equally as interested! It was an awesome day spotting osprey, dolphin, roseate spoonbills, and baby and adult alligators. Thanks, Tate!Written September 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cpt. Luke was great! Unfortunately this trip we didn't get to see the dolphins strand feed (a few years ago we got to see this 4-5 times!) but we saw lots of dolphins and a couple that were gathering a school to eventually beach! There were wind surfers at the Lighthouse, very cool. We found an abundance of welks in all sizes! We were the last trip out before Hurricane Ian started up the East Coast so our tides were already being affected. We will return, again, on our next SC trip!Written October 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great experience to kayak through a black water swamp with Dallas, our energetic and knowledgable guide. Beautiful scenery and wildlife. Would definitely repeat this trip!Written May 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did a canal kayak with Ralph during high tide when the sea water was flooding the canals, and had the magical experience of watching two dolphins hunting together quite a ways from the ocean!! While it can’t be guaranteed that you’ll see this, you are guaranteed a knowledgeable, friendly, capable guide and a delightful paddle with birds, beautiful scenery and serenity.Written July 19, 2022
- We were fortunate enough to be able to arrange an early morning paddle board tour in Folly Beach for our family group of 11 adults/young adults on relatively short notice (next day). Kyle was very accommodating and was quite welcoming upon our arrival. His friendly, encouraging, and outgoing personality put even the most hesitant persons in our group at ease before and during the paddle board experience. This excursion was a family vacation highlight. I would highly recommend for anyone looking to do a paddle board tour in Charleston to choose this company. I don't think that you will be disappointed.Written August 9, 2019
- I hired FD Outdoors for kayaking lessons and a few trips kayaking. I cannot say enough about the excellent instruction, attention to detail and safety awareness provided. Also, if you need instruction, the instruction can be tailored to fit your individual needs, skill level and interests. I would highly recommend FC Outdoors for kayaking trips, instruction or safety instruction!Written June 3, 2019
- A very good time with a tandem kayak and a paddle board. We were able to see a few dolphins and all the paddling we wanted to do! We would do it again with these folks, very helpfulWritten July 3, 2019
- We had a fantastic time paddle boarding with Ali! Our family of five, ages 11-50, had a fun time paddling. We did three paddleboards and one tandum kayak and it was a perfect combination. The older ones kayaked against the current and wind and the younger one was able to kayak back with the current and we all had a new experience. Ali was a great instructor and we would highly recommend this company. A storm was brewing during our first scheduled trip and Ali would not take any chances with our safety. He easily rescheduled our tour. Thankfully this happened early enough in our vacation so we had plenty of time to reschedule. He and his wife were helpful and friendly! Thanks!!!Written August 10, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Charleston
- These are the best places for kid-friendly kayaking & canoeing in Charleston:See more kayaking & canoeing for kids in Charleston on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly kayaking & canoeing in Charleston:See more budget-friendly kayaking & canoeing in Charleston on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for kayaking & canoeing in Charleston:See more hidden gem kayaking & canoeing in Charleston on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous kayaking & canoeing in Charleston:See more adventurous kayaking & canoeing in Charleston on Tripadvisor