Boat Tours • Water Sports
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
16 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Graham was an absolute joy. Graham was very knowledgeable about the history of the harbor. My wife and I had a great time. We will go back.Written August 9, 2022
- We had a group of 7 for a bachelorette party and did the half day tiki. Everyone had an absolute blast and it was by far the favorite activity of the weekend! All of the guys were super friendly and helpful --- they were constantly checking on us to see if we needed a drink, etc. Definitely recommend!Written August 27, 2019
- Our time with Captain Dan was unforgettable. Definitely a MUST if you go to Charleston. The boat was clean and he was very friendly and provided great communication. He had a huge cooler with ice and was waiting for us when we got there. He’s awesome and we LOVED HIM! I would definitely recommend doing this for intimate bachelorette groups or couples! We will be booking with him again. Great overall experience.Written July 28, 2022
- Our party of 5 had a wonderful sunset sail with Captain John and Cheryl. Couldn’t have been any better. They have so much knowledge to share. Saw a few dolphins and a fabulous sunset. The beanbag chairs on the front of the boat are a master stroke even in chilly weather. They also had lightweight down blankets to keep warm as the sun went down. Sail with them and you won’t be disappointed!!!Written February 20, 2022
- We had a great trip with Captain Dan. He has thought of everything you might need and is professional and safe. He is also a great tour guide and made sure we had the best time. Highly recommended!Written August 19, 2021
- Walter and Melanie are amazing! The boat is very special and immaculately maintained. We could not have had a better time. We saw dolphin, loggerhead turtles, pelicans, etc. Walter let us bring a feast on board which made the evening even more special. We highly recommend this activity!!!Written October 13, 2018
- The staff was very knowledgeable and professional! We had a great experience, our daughters 12 and 14 got certified with Ben, and they really enjoyed every second of it. Ben made it fun and easy, he was very patient and helpful. Jeff welcomed us when we came to him after having problems with another dive shop and he managed to fit us right in. Our favorite part was the dives at the lake, where I also got to do my refresher.
I HIGHLY recommend Carolina Dive Locker!! Not only were they professional and competent, they also made us feel like we are a part of their family.Written June 29, 2021
- Awesome time with Buck. Must do in Charleston for families and work groups. Great location and view of historic downtown Charleston. Large boat that can fit 15 to 20 people with lots of room and very stable ride.Written October 17, 2018
- It was my daughter's 12 the bday party. We went tubing and toured the tall ships that were in town. Picked up at Daniel Island and totally customized the trip for us. Captain was great with the kids and adults. Great local guide too. Would totally recommend this to any one.Written June 12, 2017
- We rented the 10 passenger hurricane for 6 hours for a bachelor party. I mainly spoke with Angele and she provided excellent service all the way through and was exceptionally kind. The boat was ready once we got there, and she gave very clear and thorough instructions on how to operate everything on the boat. She also provided great suggestions on where to go/what to avoid, along with a visual map to chart your path. We were worried about being in the sun too much but there was actually an awning set up on the boat that isn't shown in the pictures. They are also much more accommodating on cancellations (although we didn't need to) than other companies. I will absolutely rent from this company again next time I am in the area, they were a pleasure to work with.Written August 15, 2018
- Crew was awesome. Perfect for a bachelorette weekend. We danced, drank and watched the sunset. It was amazing!Written February 11, 2019
- Captain Jesse made our fishing experience amazing! Five of us boarded his vessel at 7am and had the best time fishing for red and black drum, trout, whiting, bluefish, stingray, and shark. Such a great time tooling around the channels and out on the big water. Highly recommended. Jesse was there at every second with bait, relieving snags, and then cleaning all of our fish so that we could go straight home and have a fresh fish lunch. So cool!!Written April 30, 2019
- They only had 2 working jet skis, restrooms and changing area was horrible, extremely hard to get anyone on the phone or to respond to voicemail or email, felt unsafe because of the desperately needed repairs, this place is much cheaper than others, but not sure it was worth the experience and bad customer service; though the person there was very friendly and gave lots of advice and tips. Not being able to contact anyone once you've paid was a serious concern.
Closed toe shoes are required, plenty of areas to ride and explore, locals nearby the boat docks were not friendly at all. If I had seen this place before my husband booked it, I would not have gone. Not a horrible place, just a bad experience and terrible customer service.
Bring a ziploc bag for your personal items, phone suggested for emergencies.Written January 27, 2016
- Capt. Linus was extremely knowledgeable about the Charleston area, and spared no expense in giving the best experience possible. I had 3 fraternity brothers with me and we all had an absolute blast. Also, electronics and features on the boat are absolutely top notch, and the boat runs extremely well, cuts through water like nothing else I’ve ever ridden in. In short, if you’re looking for the best water oriented experience in Charleston, stop at Searunner Charters. Capt. Linus will set you up, give him a call!Written September 5, 2020
- Highly recommend Sail Pelican and Captain Charlie and Professor Blake! Their tour is a fantastic way to experience Charleston and learn about the city's maritime history. They both make you feel so comfortable aboard Pelican. If you have never sailed before, you will enjoy the experience and learn some basics and if you are an experienced sailor they will let you take the helm. Both Charlie and Blake have great knowledge of the city and it's ties to maritime history and weave fun stories throughout the sail. We hope to voyage with them again soon!Written January 4, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Charleston
- These experiences are best for boat rentals in Charleston:See more boat rentals in Charleston on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for boat rentals in Charleston:See more romantic boat rentals in Charleston on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for boat rentals in Charleston:See more hidden gem boat rentals in Charleston on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous boat rentals in Charleston:See more adventurous boat rentals in Charleston on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for boat rentals in Charleston:See more boat rentals for adrenaline seekers in Charleston on Tripadvisor