26 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Funny show with audience participation! Hilarious crew and great experience. Food and drinks available too.Written December 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was so incredibly fun! Talent! Humor! Welcoming l! We bought tickets on short notice not knowing what to expect. The performance made us laugh out loud. 4 actors keeping us entertained for 90 minutes. I hope you take the opportunity to see them perform. Truly award winning experience l.Written October 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The people who worked inside were most open and helpful regarding the theater and it's history. They suggested where to look and what to pay attention to. Very nice, amazing transformation from rubble to a functional theater.Written May 18, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Holy City Magic is an amazingly fun, mystifying, and enjoyable experience! Howard Blackwell's demeanor and presentation is incredibly engaging and entertaining. He involves his audience in almost all of his tricks and even brings them up on stage with him. Don't expect a David Copperfield type show with a lot of special effects and high tech stunts. Do expect to be mystified and THOROUGHLY entertained! His show is suitable forall ages and all backgrounds....don't miss it on your visit to Charleston!!!Written November 26, 2023
- Very very funny. Get snacks And drinks before the show- CASH ONLY. Parking garage a 5 min walk away. Not a child friendly show. Take the funny and run.Written October 9, 2023
- We saw MeowMeow in the Speigletent
We had no idea what this was or how it would be. We had great seats and the two performances were so talented . We laughed our heads off as we sipped on champagne. Highly recommend this Cabernet.Written November 30, 2023
- The music hall was easy to get to. There was plenty of parking close by in the garage. There was a generous amount of seating, but not too much. The bathroom was clean.
The seating was comfortable. I would recommend a viewing here.
Our seats were section G, row 3 seats 2,3,and 4. These were amazing seats. You could see clearly, no obstacles, no bright lights in your face, and they were close to an exit.Written April 29, 2023
- My wife and I have purchased tickets for all of the plays this season. The first play, “A Hidden Life” that we just saw was excellent. The play was well written, and all four actresses were great. We are looking forward to seeing the rest of this season’s plays. There are no bad seats in this theatre, there is plenty of leg room, and more than enough parking adjacent to the theatre. All in all, great plays at very reasonable prices.Written September 3, 2022
- The music and story was amazing and very entertaining!! I wished I knew about this sooner. We will look forward to it on our next trip to Charleston.Written December 1, 2023
- My past visits to this historic movie theatre was several years ago to see Charleston Stage performances when their home at the Dock Street Theatre was under renovation. On this latest occasion, it was for our youngest son’s wedding. The ceremony was in the theatre and the reception was in the ballroom. Everything was first class and the 100 or so guests all had a very enjoyable time. My son and his fiancee (now his wife) had selected this venue and I cannot visualize a better one for this happy occasion.Written February 24, 2020
- My daughter and I attended their performance of Cognac and Roses last week. It was soooo good. With a minimal set, they managed to portray vividly many of Edgar Allen Poe's poems and short stories. We were particularly impressed with The Black Cat and The Tell-Tale Heart. Highly recommended.Written June 12, 2022
- I can’t say enough good things about this place! If you’re visiting Charleston this is a must do and guaranteed fun night! If you’re a local make Forte Jazz a priority for your entertainment needs. Talented artists perform here regularly and it’s always a wonderful fun time! Full bar, food, and it’s family friendly! I bring all my fam and friends here when they visit. Love this place!Written November 27, 2023
- We were very fortunate to see the opera “Omar”, part of the 2022 Spoleto Festival at the Sottile Theatre. Fortunately the opera was performed in English (except for small parts in Arabic), since the super titles were smaller than at the Gaillard, and my wife would have difficult seeing them, as she did when seeing “Unholy Wars” at the Dock Street Theatre. Although I prefer to see operas at the Gaillard, seeing “Omar”, with such excellent music, opera singers, and orchestra, worked out very well at the Sottile, and was well received by the almost completely sold out audience.Written June 20, 2022
- This stadium was easy to find parkIng for, the lines went very quickly, and it was very clean. The only thing that made me uncomfortable was the way the upper deck was moving. I would expect a little movement with a sold out show, but not that much. I would go again but won’t sit on the upper deck again.Written September 20, 2022
- Ignoring the inattentive waitstaff and the unimaginative tasting entree, be sure to get a bowl of the ‘She-Crab’ soup.
The soup is rich in flavor, full of crab and flavorful on one’s palette. It is one of the best renditions of the “Lowcountry” soup that I have had in Charleston.Written November 2, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Charleston
- These experiences are best for concerts & shows in Charleston:
- Private Charleston Harbor Catamaran Sail
- Private DivaDance Party Packages in Charleston
- The Bachelor & Bachelorette Party Tiki Cruise
- Charleston Brewery District Cruise (Public Tour)
- Charleston Bar Hunt: Charleston Chase Bar Crawl
- These are the most romantic places for concerts & shows in Charleston:See more romantic concerts & shows in Charleston on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for concerts & shows in Charleston:See more hidden gem concerts & shows in Charleston on Tripadvisor