Speciality Museums • Art Museums
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
8 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- This was our second time to visit the Gibbs. Beautiful photography and art pieces. I did not enjoy the third floor "traveling" collection. Guess I am not "woke"!Written September 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We really enjoyed our hour-long visit to the City art gallery - it's on two floors, it's air-conditioned, it has nice loos and it has stimulating modern art.
I was captivated by Jeff Kopish's mobiles and hanging sculptures made with repurposed industrial light bulbs. They have insect themes.
Another great exhibit was a flock of flamingos, life-size.
Staff are calm and quiet, but helpful if you need to ask things.
Free entry.Written July 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Park at a meter on Calhoun and check out the Halsey, which is free to the public and has rotating exhibitions throughout the year If possible check out their opening nights (6:30-8:00) which are $5 for non-members with an open bar. Artists often provide a talk the next day. The student galleries are also fun to stroll through...you never know where talent will rise to the surface!Written August 24, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Art was world class. Will come back again. The building was 17th centery and fascinating.Written June 5, 2022
- We went to this gallery on a local art walk. The owner was there as well as the featured artist. There is some beautiful art work in this gallery. The sculptures are amazing. This is well worth the visit.Written September 7, 2018
- Impressive exhibit, be sure to get the audio tour. Thankful I had the opportunity to experience this exhibition. The venue is nice and the restrooms were clean and well-managed.Written August 2, 2021
- I complained and Akeem who was working the check in for audio said, ad I was walking off "some people just want to complain". I asked him his name. It was lit las if it was intentionally not allowing pics. Mold on the ceilings. You could see the black bars from the lighting stand through the paintings. The manager with the blade hair was rude. I'll definitely not use any one connected with this terrible exhibit again.Written June 17, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Charleston
- These are the best places for couples seeking art museums in Charleston:See more art museums for couples in Charleston on Tripadvisor