- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
75 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 75
What travelers are saying
- Nice selection of fresh produce and crafts. Good family environment. Not the biggest market I’ve ever been to but you can spend an hour walking around before heading to your next activity. Try the basil lemonade!Written September 19, 2022
- Candle-making class was fun and informative! Taylor led the class with a combination of cheeky humor and geeky facts. We had an older person in our group, and she was very attentive to his needs without being condescending or obvious. We all explored 20 different fragrances, chose one, and made two candles. The wax has to harden, and we were leaving town the next day, so Candlefish shipped everything at a reasonable charge. Our candles arrived in perfect condition and beautifully packaged. I had some follow-up questions, and Brooke has been friendly and helpful via email.
I absolutely love the fragrance I chose, and knowing I was the candle-maker (or chandler, to be exact) makes the candles extra-special.Written December 9, 2021
- Well this is the oldest liquor store in the US. They just started the bar a while back. The oldest bar in SC was just down the street but closed up in the last 2 yrs. Since I could not find the 2nd oldest bar in SC, I am calling this one it. I did not go into the bar area as I did not see a way to it. I bought some liquid from the store. A 1896 bottle of whiskey for a rememberance.Written August 11, 2022
- Yummmmm! Great variety, delicious free samples. Individually wrapped candies are in open barrels so keep your kids close! ☺️ Friendly and welcoming staffWritten September 16, 2022
- When you first walk in you are greeted by wonderful warm aromas and scents. A plethora of spices and fine teas await you! I especially enjoyed the local spices/spic blends. The tea selection is large, generous and varied. I ended up leaving with several different spices, salts and teas. The staff were friendly and engaging. They also make their own pimento cheese, which apparently the city of Charleston is obsessed with (sorry I hate it, LOL) Will definitely visit this place to replenish each and every time I'm in Charleston.Written September 1, 2022
- Grabbed some tasty provisions to take back to hotel on a rainy day in Charleston. The staff was extremely helpful in selecting a perfect assortment of meat, cheese and wine!Written July 1, 2022
- I intended to buy a couple different mini chocolate bars to try different flavored and ended up getting a box of their specialty chocolates. They have so many different flavors and they are beautiful to look at. They also had more macaroon flavors to pick from than some other places we went, but we didn’t try any of them.Written December 30, 2020
- We did the mead tasting and had such a great time! The young man with glasses (I can’t remember his name) was really friendly and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend!Written June 13, 2022
- Great spot, not too touristy and I thought the pricing was overall pretty good. They have an ice cream bar which was awesome...we enjoyed banana pudding ice cream and roasted honey peanut butter ice cream, both great. A nice little shop worth stopping by and checking out.Written August 31, 2017
- Loved this place! If you have not tried one of these places you need to. Very knowledgeable about her products. Glad she was open on Sunday.Written November 7, 2021
- Across from the market. We never fail to make a purchase here. There are always new (and truly different) pieces to admire.Written August 1, 2021
- I stopped in Blue Bicycle Books during my visit to Charleston in June 2021. The book store has a very good Charleston books section.Written June 28, 2021
- This store has been around for as long as I can remember-and they always have the freshest candy-I especially like the bridge mix with little pieces of ginger in it!
Great staff and very friendly !Written September 29, 2018
- Great variety of shops and good prices to boot! AIr conditioned delight and many options from Gucci to Anne Fontaine, worth the visit!Written August 21, 2019
- Wonderful book store with workers who care and love books! Cannot recommend this place enough! Wish I lived here and could come back time and time again!Written May 14, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Charleston
- These are the best places for kid-friendly gift & specialty shops in Charleston:See more gift & specialty shops for kids in Charleston on Tripadvisor