Top Attractions in Beaufort
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Great walking beach with a lighthouse nearby. $5 to enter the beach park. Found some sand dollars and neat shells.Written September 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I parked near the lighthouse and roamed the beach for a few hours collecting shells. Restrooms are located near the parking for the lighthouse. $5 to get into the park.Written September 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We’ve outgrown the playground, which children just loved, but now we adults still love to “play” at the waterfront park. It’s pleasant to sit and swing, stroll the marina, watch the sun set over water.Written August 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely main street with interesting shops and a variety of restaurants. Views of the marsh are beautiful.Written September 18, 2021
- The Pat Conroy Literary Center is packed full of books, memorabilia, and information about Conroy and other Southern writers. It was the perfect prelude to our visit on Daufuskie Island. Don’t skip the classroom that features his book, The Water is Wide!Written October 4, 2022
- Great place to walk. Peaceful, quiet, magnificent Antebellum Mansions in a friendly quiet neighborhood. We were the only tourists walking the streets on a beautiful cool early June evening. People are moving from Charleston to this great Beaufort SC neighborhood.Written June 6, 2022
- It was our first day of our adventure for the trails and this one did not disappoint us! It was a really beautiful ride!Written September 16, 2022
- What a lovely slice of history. The church structure is beautiful and walking through the graveyard is so humbling. Many graves from the 1800’s and reading the stones, you realize how short most lives were in that time period.
So much to see and take in.Written July 30, 2022
- Our group of 6, ages 9-80, loved our visit. It was perfect for the hottest part of the day, to avoid sunburns and heat and still participate in a local (learning!) experience. The scavenger hunt engaged the youngest two immediately. We each learned something new about the area. I especially appreciated the inclusion of cultural aspects as well as art for awareness efforts. Thankful for funding for dedicated researchers and for volunteers that make this center possible!Written June 17, 2022
- Beautiful stones that honor heroes. There are some very old headstones that describe the people in interesting ways. The cemetery is nicely kept and well-organized. It's a bit of history remembered well.Written September 26, 2022
- Our guide kept us in suspense with the story behind the house with beautiful details and historic accuracy. It is worth every penny of the $10 tour - she led us back in time! Poignant details that intrigue you. Tour takes about an hour and you can ask as many questions as you want/need - so it's interactive. Each room has artifacts from the time period.Written September 26, 2022
- $8 per person. Upstairs area with lots of information. You can do a self tour, QR code your or guided tour. Guided tour lasts about 45 minutes. If you like history and want to know more about the area, it is worth the trip.Written April 23, 2022
- I had never heard of him before we went to Beaufort and now I can't get enough of His Story. Its a short walk from the downtown shopping area.Written October 1, 2021
- When this "new" Catholic Church was built several years ago I photographed the first wedding in it. The church and the priest and the interesting singing was fun.Written December 15, 2019
- Visiting this gallery is a must while visiting the shops in Beaufort. The artwork is absolutely beautiful.Written August 30, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Beaufort