Top Attractions in Harrisburg
What travelers are saying
- Whether you are a Civil War buff or not, this is a really cool museum! Plenty of free parking, a large gift shop, and a friendly staff. To visit has a marginal fee that is well worth the price. So many neat artifacts, well laid out, and tells a powerful story.Written June 20, 2022
- Amazing building. Surprisingly free entry and at the end of the tour free to look around . So much gold! Beautiful design and very well maintained. Children will enjoy spotting the figures and animals in the floor tilesWritten June 25, 2022
- We found the mansion and park via Google and thought it would be a neat place to stop before heading home after a weekend around PA... Didn't disappoint! We went ahead and grabbed a time to tour the mansion - what a unique place to have the majority of the items in the mansion belong to the owners of time past! Our tour guide was very knowledgable and we learned much more than what the website and signs around the park mention. Definitely do the tour! We then checked out the other buildings around and pretty nifty park!Written June 7, 2022
- This small park feels like you are out in the country but it is right outside of Harrisburg. It has a towpath and a boardwalk for walking and seeing nature.Written June 6, 2022
- Stopped by on a whim and was pleased by the low admission fee- just $7! Four floors of exhibits with a ton to look at from the history of different animals in Pennsylvania to Civil War paintings and artifacts. Could spend hours here! Front desk was very welcoming and informative.Written July 24, 2021
- Beautiful mini-golf course at the end of the island. Reasonably priced. We had to park by the bridge at the opposite end of the island because there was a Senators ball game in progress, but the walk was nice. There was even a couple of swings around the 11th hole where you could take a break and enjoy the view. It looked like they were still sprucing up the place as the water features were not clean or full but there was fresh mulch around the plants and the grass was well maintained. All in all, a beautiful course. I'd love to see it again later in the summer.Written May 16, 2022
- Good experience, plenty of parking available on site and in immediate area. Large facility - plan on lots of walking! Plenty of clean restrooms!Written February 11, 2022
- Walk through Riverfront Park at sunset and enjoy the beautiful serenity that it offers. Cross to City Island via "Old Shaky" with beauty that stroll offers.Written August 9, 2022
- Use to go here as a child and wanted to visit. One building is predominantly baked goods, meats, cheese and some produce. Second building is mostly an eatery with a large variety of ethnic foods. Tables for dining in the middle. It's is definitely more upscale than in the 60s but we got some good cheeses and meats. Parking was available right at the market on Saturday morning. Worth the visit if you're in Harrisburg.Written August 5, 2022
- It was a beautiful summer day, and we really enjoyed the fairly short (45 minutes) boat ride. Due to my mobility issues we stayed on the deck below, and we were able to see very well from there and to hear the audio clearly.
Getting to the boat was a nightmare though. We had never been to City Island before, and we didn't realize that we had to pass so many other attractions before we would reach the landing.
Our cruise left on a Sunday at 1 p.m., and at the same time there was a Pow Wow going on and a baseball game. By the time we got past all of that our boat was about to leave without us. We couldn't find any handicapped parking, and so I had to walk quite a lengthy distance to reach the boat.
We would still take another cruise and maybe even visit City Island for a ball game, but we would definitely get more information about what's going on there beforehand, and we would allow for more time to get to our destination.Written August 19, 2021
- Saw a concert with my daughter here and it’s a great, intimate venue. Sound system was fabulous, looked like not a bad seat in the house! I wasn’t happy with the parking situation, parked at a garage and ended up being a $30 stay for a few hours at a concert. That part sucked. Also a lot of homeless in the area of the garage so didn’t feel like the safest place to be.
Overall the Whitaker center(what we saw of it) was very nice. I will return hopefully and see the science center with the kids, in the daylight hoursWritten November 28, 2019
- Easy to get here, paid parking on site, and a short walking to the stadium. Staff was friendly from the ticket booth to the ushers; everyone was happy to be there, and it showed. Plenty of food choices, a nice gift shop, and several between inning activities that made for a family-friendly atmosphere.Written June 20, 2022
- They have a great staff, a wide selection of good food, and offer it in a nice atmosphere. Do not be shy - if there is a line, you can sit at the bar!Written January 26, 2020
- Beautifully restored firehouse with great collections and stories. Must visit for fire buffs, the communications/alerting area particularly well done.Written July 10, 2022
- Nice place to visit, nice people. I also liked it because my wife is the wine lover but they also serve beer that I could enjoy. We were disappointed in that they advertise wine tastings, but on Friday they only did wine flights which in their terms is 3 glasses of wine, a bit much.Written May 11, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Harrisburg