Top Attractions in Salem
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Went to school withe the Schreiners. My sisters worked in the gardens in the summmer. Always gorgeous flowers.Written October 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The carousel has a beautiful assortment of handcarved and colorfully painted horses. Parking is easy, and the giant playground in nearby Riverfront Park gives you a place to extend the fun.Written April 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful place to visit in the PNW for a truly unique experience. It feels like walking into a storybook and although it is an older theme park it is fun especially if you can't fly to Disneyland.
They have a carousel and kid rides suited for 4-9 year olds that you purchase tickets for, but some of them have height requirements so check before you go.
They also had a nice ice cream shop for the kids to cool down at that was clean and the staff was very nice and offered the kids a sample when they could not decide.
Parking was close so it was great for younger kids who get tired by the end of the day.
The only thing to consider for young kids is there is a witch slide. Ours thought it was funny but we saw a toddler fussing to walk past it so if you have one that scares easy plan for an adult to kid of block it from view to walk past.Written January 19, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Minto Brown Island is a conservation area. It's accessible from Riverfront Park by going over a beautiful pedestrian bridge. It's so inspiring seeing so many walkers, runners, bikers, etc. being healthy and enjoying nature. My daughter liked seeing lots of woolly bear caterpillars.Written November 13, 2022
- This museum is so cute! It's made up of a few old houses with the rooms redone to be different play areas for the kids. They were all very fun. The little bubble house was especially fun and a place to get a little messy. You can create lots of different bubbles and even make a bubble big enough to enclose a child! There is an outdoor area that's under re-construction and should be ready in the spring.Written November 14, 2022
- This was my 45th state Capitol so I feel relatively qualified to say that the exterior is unusual. Not all state Capitols are in the classic style of course (such as Hawaii, Delaware, New Mexico etc) but this one is unlike any other I have seen with it’s Art Deco styling.
The building is fairly easily located in downtown Salem. There is on-street metered parking adjacent to the Capitol - it’s not expensive. We also found 3 hour parking about 5 minutes walk away in the downtown area that appeared to be free.
There is ongoing construction (April 2022) so you enter by a side door and go thru security. There is an information desk and the 2 ladies there were extremely helpful.
There is access, on a sled-guided tour, to view the Senate and House but to actually enter them would I guess require the official tour. The decor inside is fantastic.
Well worth a visitWritten April 12, 2022
- Very nice people at the desk. Felt we learned something about the history of the mills in Oregon. The signage was great, the little movie was very helpful.Written July 16, 2022
- Great historic house. Tour guide was well informed on the original family of owners. I want that solarium.Written August 24, 2022
- We made a short stop in Salem to visit the State Capitol and to stretch our legs. We made our way towards the river thru downtown (a few short blocks) and crossed over to the park. There is a cool-looking bridge, a globe and of course the historic carousel (which was closed when we were there). Attractive park just minutes from downtown.Written April 18, 2022
- Walk the grounds on paved or barkdust trails. Walk by Mill Creek. There is a rose garden and other flowers. There is a children's playground. Restrooms. Art gallery and historical Bush House on the grounds.Written May 30, 2021
- The atmosphere and the views are amazing. The wines were all fantastic and. Heisting was so knowledgeable about each wine. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience.Written February 20, 2022
- Very clean, covered garage parking, helpful staff, quiet areas, patrolled and safe, good area, and much more.Written September 14, 2019
- What a beautiful place to attend a concert. Nestled in downtown Salem, Oregon, it's a hidden jewel in the hustle and bustle of commerce. The interior work done to restore it back to the original architecture is amazing. There is not a bad seat in the house. By virtue of its size and seating arrangement you feel you are enjoying a personal concert. There are great restaurants nearby who feed you great food and get you out quick so you make your show. We're looking forward to watching the group Kansas in March and hope to see more of these concerts in coming years.Written November 30, 2019
- I did not think i was going to find a wine I could drink but went for my birthday and actually found 3 bottles of wine I like and the other two people I was with ended up getting a total of 6 bottles of wine to take back to vegas with us.Written May 3, 2022
- The most amazing selection of peonies and the ones I purchased were the biggest and most healthy roots I have ever seen! thank you, Adelman!!!Written September 27, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Salem
Salem Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 12:16 AM|