Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
24 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- I love Oxbow! My family camps here at least twice every summer, and we spend lots of days here even when not camping. My now husband even proposed to me here by the river. Definitely family friendly! I love that there are real bathrooms and free hot showers (closed due to covid). There are always deer walking around, chipmunks trying to steal your chips, you can even see owls if youre lucky but I've never seen cougars or bears or even racoons. There are plenty of places to spend the day. Multiple playground areas, lots of open grassy areas. Tables and bbqs are plenty. If you use the beach area by the boat launch, there are free life packets for use. There are lots of trails and paths that lead to the river in different spots. Dogs aren't allowed and I'm okay with that because it adds to the peace and quiet (I've camped at places that did allow dogs and not everyone picks up after their dog, and not every dog is quiet at night). No alcohol or smoking allowed. The ranger(s) do make their rounds but if you're doing the right thing, you won't even notice or care. I'm actually going tomorrow for 3 days/2 nights during a heatwave but I'm not worried because under the tree cover I've never felt too unbearably hot. Covid restrictions should be easing up this weekend so I'm hoping the flushing bathrooms are open. I will try to remember to update when I get back. Also, be prepared for no cell service as soon as you turn off that last road.Written June 26, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The garden, besides being a little urban sanctuary, is a wonderful example of the inspitation, creativity, and determination of its volunteers.
My gardening group had an exceptionally enjoyable tour on a rainy fall day. led by our tour guide, Mary, who was highly informative and entertaining.Written November 9, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited on a clear day and saw amazing views of all the big peaks! Wonderful little hike with interpretive signage all along the well documented trail. Great place for viewing if you’re in the area!Written February 28, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mount Hood Community College has a planetarium that puts on star shows and lectures open to the public. It is a great facility but it seems to be under-utilized based on the number of the attendees during their public events. It is excellent and a huge plus for this community college and anyone interested in astronomy. You won't be disappointed and you will definitely learn somethings if you visit this little gem.Written December 21, 2017
- Rotating exhibits and an opportunity to learn about Gresham's past. I particularly like the "What is it" display - engages everyone in the group trying to figure out what these (formerly) common items are.Written March 4, 2018
- Took my mother here for a walk down memory lane! Lots of interesting history in a nicely preserved home and nice grounds to walk around. Nice place to have a wedding, too.Written January 5, 2020
- Very cool little shop. They have several vendors, and each vendor has their own space. You will find everything from soup to nuts, all priced to sell. Stop in and spend some time. You will be transported down memory lane. Good selection of sports memorabilia, vintage clothing and vinyl, Art work, vintage furniture both large and small, jewelry, knick knacks, etc.Written April 1, 2019
- Took teens there to clean-up for their community service. There was just minimal things to do there, however they have now built a play structure. Always clean, because this is a common place for community service.Written December 7, 2017
- If you love Halloween you will love visiting Books Around the Corner. The shop is so much fun to visit with its specialized genres and you can also order any other book too! The owner is awesome and always goes out of her way to make your shopping experience super. As an added bonus, you just might meet Spooky, the bookshop cat.Written November 4, 2021
- A group of six of us spent the afternoon throwing axes. First time, for everyone. They have double bladed axes or hatchets. The men threw the double bladed heavier axes, while the ladies threw hatchets which are smaller and easier to control. Turns out that I am a natural... kept hitting the bullseye time after time. The session lasted about 45 minutes and was a hoot. I look forward to doing it again.Written March 19, 2019
- Wooded setting is very nice. Course is not long so it and most tees are straight to the flag. Good course for Beginner or intermediate, probably not enough challenge for expert, but still a pretty course to play. Gets a little too soft in the winter.Written November 25, 2013
- Ed Chin of All about Adventure Excursions is amazing!! We went crabbing and had a fabulous time. Ed is knowledgeable and relaxed. I would highly recommend him and his company.Written October 19, 2021
- Big screen and HD tv are affordable and readily available in our home these days but going to the movie theater still rekindles exciting experience to feel... We are glad that Mt Hood Theater is still in our neighborhood to date... There is still a magic in watching the movie with people other than only by yourself in your home theater... We love the seating arrangements format and the the size of the screen... It may be a little bit outdated in some areas but its building design meets a standard movie house expectations for moviegoers ... Lastly, you are watching two movies for almost the price of one so set some time and watch movie(s) in this theater when available 🤗🤗🤗Written July 12, 2020
- Awesome bowling alley! Cool staff, Josh is the man! Good food and the alcohols. Love this place!!!!!Written March 5, 2019
- Enjoy spoiling myself for a change, great stress relief. Always curtious staff. Clean environment and feel safeWritten December 20, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Gresham
- The best outdoor activities in Gresham according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Gresham on Tripadvisor