- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
5 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We have been to many retreat centers and this one is at the top of the list. The grounds, cabins and pools are impeccably kept. Gift shop is glorious (although we didn't purchase anything). Showers were fabulous and daily activities were nice. Walking trails and river nearby were a beautiful bonus.
I will say that the food was a huge disappointment and I agree with one of the previous reviewers that this will make or break a place. What's with NO BREAD? First night there were trays and trays of chocolate chip cookies that were very good but WAY TOO MANY!! They sat out for days following. Salad bar was ok, but only once did they have RED tomatoes and it is tomato season! Breakfast was by far the most disappointing. Oatmeal with different flavorings each day? This could have been remedied with whole grain breads, butter, jelly and nut butters. Those things could cover breakfast and lunch and be satisfying. Only one night of my 3 night stay was pasta offered. I would have been content with pasta and veggies and a couple of different sauces put out each night at dinner with the salad bar and BREAD! We had a fabulous time here and we went during a Women Only time which made it extra special and we will return! I hope they review the feedback and improve the menus in 2020!Written August 29, 2019
- Hike in alongside the small river. Passing several places for family swimming. Educational and entertaing in the middle of an old growth forest.Written August 27, 2018
- We are rv’ers. We enjoy the Washington state and Oregon state parks. They are always well maintained and clean. Showers at Detroit lake were not metered. Only one loop open during April. But it’s a huge place when in season. Yes pets are allowed on leash.
Spaces are tight— narrow and short. We are 38’ and barely had room to pull our Jeep off the road. Tables and fire pits and full hookups. Lake is gorgeousWritten April 25, 2018
- This dam allows one to walk or drive across its top and the view is totally spectacular.
You can look over the edge behind a railing and peer all the way down to the bottom and the gorge beyond.
There is no hiking involved and it's only a short walk out to the best viewing point.
Well worth a stop.Written September 30, 2017
- I rented a slip for the 2021 season 680 dollars.
marina opened may 28 due to low water made us pull the boat july 11
witch was 45 day so i asked for a credit toward next year told nope that's
the season. its out of there control monthly rent is only 240 a month ($8 a day ) i was charged 15 a day and they don't care if i return next year.Written July 11, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Detroit
- The best outdoor activities in Detroit according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Detroit on Tripadvisor
Detroit Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||150|
|Number of Photos||121|
|Local Time||Thursday 1:03 AM|