Top Attractions in Bend
What travelers are saying
- This was not a casual stop-by place. We enjoyed two presentations (an overview and a raptor encounter). Many surprises: frolicking river otters, pioneer area, art, sensitively done native American exhibit, fascinating pioneer exhibit, attractive gift shop, decent restaurant sandwiches (limited options as they were short staffed). Well worth it!Written September 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great place to explore & spend the day. Quiet (well, other than the sounds of the falls & river), peaceful, and a really relaxing day.
Trails are well maintained and made for a good walk. They are dirt, with rocks & roots, so it may be difficult for some.
Fantastic photo-ops everywhere. You kind of have to decide what to take. We had a partially overcast day that broke into nice sun. Made for all the best types of photos. We only walked about 3/4 of a mile along the path. It goes all the way to Happy Valley (4.5 mi one-way, and it's not a loop, so it's the same walk back).
There is an entrance fee, but we were pleased that the National Park Pass works just fine.
We got there fairly early, but parking was jammed @ the falls itself. By the time we left (hours later) the roadway & overflow were getting plenty of parking use. Be aware.Written October 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Newberry Crater volcanic monument is very interesting. The visitor centre is a good 1st stop to learn about the history. The ranger was super friendly and very enthusiastic. Drive up to the top of the cone for fab views and walks.Written October 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Old cinder cone, close to Bend downtown.
You can hike up and around, there are three trails.
Or you just may use the summit road, very convenient.
Up there you have an impressive panoramic view of Bend, the high desert and the snowcapped Cascade mountains.
Well worth a visit.Written August 7, 2022
- Stop here 1st to learn all about the volcano and the history of the area. Friendly rangers with lost of info to tell.Written October 1, 2022
- The most beautiful hike in the most beautiful spot. So many mosquitos, but if you keep moving (or come at a better time of year), then you'll be okay.Written September 15, 2022
- The biggest lava tube imaginable. Lucky to have a very good light for rent. Learned the meaning of dark!Written September 24, 2022
- Loved floating on and strolling to town on this river! Easy access if you have your own float - we rented from Tumalo Creek.Written August 10, 2022
- If you're looking for mountain biking, you're in the right place! If you're looking for scenic hiking up the chairlift, not so much. The chairlift goes half way, not all the way to the top (which is still snowy). It's not really set up for hiking. There are better hikes in the Cascades Lakes area just beyond.Written August 1, 2022
- This National Forest is one of my favorites. Pine trees and the Deschutes River make for a great vacation.
To many hiking trails to count and a river that is home to all kinds of recreational activities. Hiking, biking, rafter, tubing, swimming and sight seeing. This river is so clear you can in some places see the rocks on the bottom.
A visit to this area of Oregon must include the Deschutes National Forest.Written May 21, 2021
- This is a "typical" shopping development geared towards tourists and locals. Nice, clean, unique stores, good restaurants. We enjoyed it.Written August 14, 2022
- Beautiful clean town - visit all sections of town. Hike, bike and float throughout Bend. Sit around Old Mill district enjoying one of their restaurants and enjoy concert music from across the river. This is a great family place!Written July 27, 2022
- Very pretty park to stroll around. It connects with a nice bike path that goes all the way out to the Old Mill District. The path is multi use but there are no cars on it and it runs all along the river.Written September 17, 2022
- What’s not to like? Tour guide Curtis was great. Fun tour plus two beers. If you like beer, this tour is for you.Written September 5, 2022
- Wanderlust Tours took our group on an evening/sunset canoe trip on this lake. Can't recommend it enough! It's awesome. If you have the means to get on the water here, it is beautiful. Not sure about the hiking.Written August 1, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Bend
Bend Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||14,378|
|Number of Photos||7,055|
|Local Time||Monday 9:06 AM|