*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- The lookout provides just stunning view - we did the walk down to Wineglass Bay early in the morning and followed through to Hazard Bay and back to the parking along the coast line/through the bush forest. The tour was very good to walk and very well marked - just an excellent experience.Written December 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A world class attraction, easily accessible and walks for those of all fitness levels. This trip we did the lookout and Wineglass Bay Beach, Hazards Beach circuit. There are some reasonable climbs but the views from the lookout, beaches themselves, the walk across the Isthmus track and the lagoons are all fantastic. This is about a 12km walk with 500m (roughly) of climbing over the course, but totally worth it. Most of the walk is pretty easy and tracks are well formed. We completed in about 3 1/2 hours with a few stops.
Somewhere that will keep bringing us backWritten May 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I nearly bailed on this hike after hearing about how challenging it was and if it had rained “don’t attempt” due to how slippery it would be…. Well it had rained so we had to wait an extra day to do the climb so the rock face had time to dry out! As it was smooth & quite steep with no grip! We set off at 5am to get the best sunrise view from the top. Make sure you have a headlamp or torch!! As it was nearly 1.5 hours of darkness! You “definitely” need great hiking shoes with good grip, don’t even attempt in gym shoes! (That would be madness). I regretted not wearing grippy gloves! We had amazing weather…. It was warm and even at the top it was still with no breeze, apparently this is rare!
The views from the top were breathtaking…. Magical …. We could had stayed up there for aging admiring the view! The climb down was faster & easier than I thought.
Biggest tip!!!! Definitely don’t climb if wet or rain is forecast!!!! It would be extremely dangerous!!!!Written March 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful spot to visit. We walked around 9am on a weekend and arrived to a near-empty beach. Worth taking your swimmers for a dip in the crystal clear water. You could spend hours here if you have enough suncream, water and snacks. It was a little grey when we were at the lookout but blue skies by the time we were at the water.
Signage said the walk down to the bay from the lookout was 1.5 hours return, but for us (reasonable fitness with no breaks) it was 20 mins down and 25 mins back up. Total walking time from car park was 1.5 hours return.Written February 18, 2023
- Pretty and unspoiled with pristine white beaches and rocky headlands. Only did a day trip in, but it’s well set up for camping so May do this next trip worth visitingWritten May 5, 2023
- Isolated beauty….Simply stunning…complete serenity…truely relaxing…pristine waters….enough said, well worth the easy walk.Written August 13, 2022
- A well worth visit with views to die for. A magnificent support to visiting wineglass bay. It's only a small loop and the trail is suitable for wheelchairs.Written April 5, 2023
- Absolutely delicious oysters!!
Tried both the natural ones, the Tasmanian flavored ones and the steamed ones with asian flavor, all top notch!!
However, way too expensive!! At 3$ each is seems really exaggerated considering they culture them next by and there’s no service (the clients do everything)
Too sad, as if not, we’ve been there twice a day;)Written March 20, 2023
- Quaint little bay, full of colour - the rocks, the sea. Worth the walk in - make sure you have good shoes and your insect repellent!Written December 31, 2021
- What a fantastic spot! Camp ground is 10/10, dog and campfire friendly, really spread out and flat.
Just a short walk to toilets and showers and the bar! Owners Bec and Scully are fantastic hosts and genuinely lovely people. Paintball is perfectly set up with a great course and I couldn’t recommend this more!! This is a must do!Written January 15, 2023
- Stayed at a beautiful accommodation overlooking Richardsons Beach, took a relaxing walk from the Bay over to the Freycinet Lodge for dinner and drinks.
It was a perfect night and a perfect walk across the sands of the beach picking up shells on our way, would be great for the kidsWritten April 11, 2022
- We did the overnight sea kayaking and camping trip. It was awesome! A fantastic experience. We saw stingrays, dolphins and lots of bird life, swam in Wineglass Bay and enjoyed sunset drinks at our beachside camp - perfect!Written January 14, 2020
- What a fantastic experience with Bernie and Andy as our guides! Highly recommend to anyone who is looking for an absolute fun experience. Andy gave some historic and local history along the way, wildlife and great cuppa coffee and a brownie when we hit the Southern Friendly beaches. Thanks guys, it was awesomeWritten November 24, 2023
- My husband & I had a wonderful cruise today with blue skies. The food was delicious & plenty of it with oysters too. Lovely professional staff who put everyone at ease when we hit a bit of rough seas.
All the staff are young & fun & made the cruise fun. We sat on the top deck & it was worth the extra money $$.
We saw seals & caves & an eagle.
I would highly recommend this cruise. The young girl(19 yrs old) helped a very nauseated lady & was so kind.
She did great bar service too. The young men staff were great too.
Keep up your great work crew.
Steve & LesleyWritten May 10, 2023
- We had a fantastic day, Roshan was so much fun to spend the day with, and the lunch we enjoyed way surpassed our expectations. It was worth every cent and I highly recommend.Written November 29, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Coles Bay
- The best day trips from Coles Bay according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Wineglass Bay & Freycinet NP Full Day Tour from Hobart via Richmond Village
- Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park Active Day Trip from Hobart
- Wineglass Bay Explorer Active Day Trip from Launceston
- Wineglass Bay Day Tour Private Charter Service
- Wineglass Bay Beach Hike
Coles Bay Attractions Information
|Thursday 11:00 AM|