- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
40 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 40
What travelers are saying
- Very interesting. Well worth a visit. Steep climb to church so good walking shoes required. Staff informative.Written May 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We visited Hythe last week what a lovely beach shingle not sand Whilst we were there the Hythe beach cleaners emptied bins I would like to commend the man only every piece of rubbish was picked up
Plenty of benches to sit on all well maintained
Parking fees are alone the sea front
We were lucky with the beautiful weatherWritten May 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Staying in Hythe, my wife and I decided to spend a couple of hours at this
beautiful country park. Seemed to be plenty of easy car parking,
and paid £1.70 for the day.
A number of various routes are suggested, dependant on how far you wish to walk.
Very pretty lake area together with grasslands and meadows.
If it has recently rained, then it would be wise to take a pair of wellies as
some of the trails can be a little muddy. It is possible to see the sea from the higher vantage points.Written February 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Lovely church but very steep climb. Suitable shoes required. Don't forget to look at the crypt on right hand side, which contains hundreds of bones.Written May 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Walk along the prom towards the Firing Range to Fisherman's Beach to either have a coffee or fishy snack or even shop for your fishy tea. See the working fishing fleet who stock the shop tooWritten January 16, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The American garden, (named for its Redwoods), is a unique experience.
Set in a stream fed valley it was started by a Victorian plant hunter who appreciates the potential of an agriculturally unpromising parcel of land he was given.
Many of the Rhodadendrons, Azaleas and trees date from that time.
All are lovingly conserved and added to by the present owners.
It is one of the most tranquil, uplifting and beautiful experiences available in Kent. Wisterias grow up into the American redwoods, dense Rhodadendrons crowd the valley beneath huge beech trees on the slopes. The scents are amazing from the many tropical smelling Azaleas. The valley is full of enough birds to delight any "Springwatch" enthusiast.
Refreshments are provided on what was the old tennis/croquet lawn from an original pavilion. The owners serve the drinks themselves and offer a warm welcome to all visitors. The excellent cake comes from a local Hythe bakery. Tea and coffee are freshly made. The coffee is instant, but good quality Lavazza.
The lawn is surrounded by lilacs, flowering cherries, specimin trees and the ubiquitous Rhodadendrons
Admission prices have been ridiculously low for years and have only gone up this year, in line with the rest of the economy. Now a similar price to many NGS gardens.
Philistines who cannot appreciate the beauty of this unique place and choose only to moan about the absence of Lattes, can stay in Yorkshire where they can visit Betty's tearooms in the rain.Written May 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The view from here is worth the walk up to the mirror. The mirror itself, is an interesting piece of history but is in need of renovation before it falls down completelyWritten November 5, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My wife and i were celebrating our wedding anniversary, enjoying what Kent had to offer. The pub lies at the eastern end of Hythe high street, and could easily be missed, which i can bear testament to, but for the alertness of my wife, i would have done so. We were royally entertained by our host Peter an the merry band of regulars who frequent The Potting Shed. the locals who we me, are the most welcoming i have encountered in many a year. There will be no need for the tourist information in Hythe as you will find out all you need to know about the local area, while you quenching your thirst with a "couple" of pints of great ale, cider or a selection of wines. We loved it soo much we will be returning there very very soon and bringing some. friends. TerryWritten October 25, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A warm welcome from the wonderful landlady and landlord.
Dog friendly. Great real ale selection. Covered heated outdoor area. Real fire inside for chilly evenings.
A hidden gem off the main high street. Worth a visit.
No under 21s allowed.Written April 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I have not rowed on the canal at Hythe for 14 or so years so this year I decided to have a go at rowing again. I have visited with friends twice this year and both visits were brilliant. The staff at the boat house were very helpful and friendly, the cost of the hire was good and the boats were a pleasure to row. Its great to see that these people are keeping a tradition alive that has existed for over 100 years on the canal. Thank you very much will be paying another visit in the near future.Written August 28, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The 4 stars is purely for the fab full body massages me & my partner had during our 1 night stay. It was definitely the highlight of a stay at the hotel.
The massages were extremely good, all thanks to the therapist.
The overall spa is in need of renovation and could be so much improved with just some renovations to the tiling and changing rooms. Dirty windows & dead plants in pots outside are so simple to fix.
I really wanted this spa to be wonderful, but I'll come back again when it's been renovated!Written September 18, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Amazing place to eat and drink! The staff are soo nice and I couldn’t ask for nicer people to serve me! The food is out standing and so is the service! I would 100% recommend! The best evening in a long time!!Written September 4, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Crammed into this old building are dozens of stalls diverse in nature, with antiques , collectables and arts and crafts products to satisfy any collector. You can spend hours poking around or talking to the stall holders who are all very knowledgeable about their wares. Books and militaria are well represented. The only drawback is that the Malthouse is open Fridays and Saturdays only and could well do to open more often in the tourist season. Well worth a visit.Written July 30, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This place is an amazing find. The hostess was incredibly friendly and gave very good tips. The rest of the people inside the shop were also very friendly. I painted a lovely giraffe and was offered refreshing non-alcoholic drinks to keep me going. We will 100% be returning to paint more amazing items!Written July 20, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We chose to stay here for a mini break and we were also able to use our Clubcard vouchers via a hotel booking site which was an added bonus. Parking is good with plenty of spaces and the hotel is easy to find.
The hotel itself is very impressive and ideally located on the beach. You’re greeted by concierge on arrival and directed to the check-in desks - the staff were very friendly and made you feel welcomed. We have originally booked an executive room and we’re kindly offered a free upgrade to a deluxe room which was the Churchill Suite (room 314). You can tell the hotel has been refurbished as it is nicely decorated, clean and the staircase with the 3 storey chandelier is spectacular! I saw some reviews about the bar being expensive but I think they’re normal prices for a nice hotel (e.g. pint of Amstel and a medium white wine was £11ish).
Our room was beautiful, spacious, modern and had loads of excellent extras. We personally felt the room deserves 5 stars and only dropped it to 4 stars because of a few tatty areas in other parts of the hotel. Bathroom was gorgeous, lovely roll-top bath and large shower, White Company toiletries and good towels. We had robes and slippers available plus the complimentary minibar was fab!!! It had mini wine bottles, snacks and a mixture of soft drinks, all free! The coffee machine was really good too. Bed was super comfy and the hotel is quiet.
We ate in the Holy Pundit which was EXCELLENT - definitely go for this over the Coast restaurant which we thought looked over-priced and the walls looked a bit tatty. The Holy Pundit offered amazing service and outstanding food, all at a super reasonable price. Breakfast was good the next day with a wide range available.
Overall if you fancy a nice hotel where you can walk along the beach and eat a good Indian meal - go here. There’s not a huge amount in the high street anymore which is a shame but you’re not far from Port Lympne etc.Written January 21, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hythe
- The best outdoor activities in Hythe according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Hythe on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Hythe with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Hythe on Tripadvisor