- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Lovely free museum in a beautiful park setting. I've only recently become aware of the museum so it was our first visit. Very interesting for me and my daughter, she especially liked the social history rooms. The interactive quizzes were good. Nice to see a bit of Dukes lives on in the music display!
The park was great with two adventure play areas for younger and older children. There were lots of picnic benches and a nice cafe at the museum.
We will definitely be back, thank you!Written August 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Essex police museum has one of the best displays I have seen and really give you an insight in to the history of the policing of Essex going back over a 100 years,
lots of things for kids to interact with and a really good way to show youngster of today that policemen are there to help.Written October 6, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I visited on Marconi Day 2016 and the Amateur Radio Club had put a lot of effort into making a good show with no less a visiting lecturer than Dr Elizabeth Bruton who gave a fascinating talk about communications, intelligence and the battle of Jutland.
So this side was great and a really enthusiastic member also had on display a working morse display with some really interesting paddle keys and an automatic sender - all stuff from the past but still in touch with the present as morse is still used, but generated electronically - It still gets through when others can't!.
But the scientific side of the remaining displays seem to have been lost in time - just parked there in case you wanted to know? What on earth has the Southend Tram to do with it?
Keep an eye on the web site, may be there is more to this site on other open days??Written April 25, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Different amateur groups display their art here. Its worth spending a few minutes seeing what is on offerWritten August 17, 2017