Speciality & Gift Shops • Visitor Centers
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- If you were into the early tv series or even the latest one this visit gives a total insight into the life of the vets and how they lived. Much larger inside than first appearances of the frontage implies.
Rooms done out exactly as life was in the early days encouraging comments such as we had one of those or we still have one of those at home. Small areas inside for sitting and watching extracts from the programme. If you read all the wall boards you can spend at least two hours looking around. Entry was £8.50 for concessions and you get two for one if you are a Caravan Club member.Written September 29, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Having been bought a half day 'Owl Experience' as a gift earlier in the year we were waiting for some good weather to make the best of the day.
The centre is located up a short private drive in gorgeous countryside, with the parking close to the entrance. The staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The half-day owl experience started by a quick introduction and signing the obligatory health and safety wavier but we were soon on with meeting the gorgeous owls. There were just 4 participants during our visit with a spectator also allowed for each participant. We were each given a leather glove and introduced to a selection of different owls and allowed to hold each with a short introduction to the species and their natural habitat.
During the visit we were also able to watch the flying displays and got to see fantastic selection of Owls, Eagles and Vultures. The display was excellent, lots of fun and very interesting and informative. The birds were encouraged to come close to the spectators to allow good photo opportunities.
After the first display the participants of the owl experience were then allowed to fly a selection of owls, with the owls being allowed to fly across the display arena and landing on the gloved hands. What a fantastic experience to get up close to such amazing birds.
There was also time to have a good look at the various birds that were not directly involved in the experience or displays that day within well maintained enclosures, and it was great to learn about the conservation efforts being made.
There was also a nice gift shop which also sold coffees and snacks, a small picnic area and toilets.
We loved the experience, it was great value for money and would highly recommend it and would go again.Written October 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited with our grandchildren age 1 and 5years . A wonderful day. So much to do, see and interactive with. VERY family friendly, lovey staff, highly recommended.Written September 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely, but challenging walk. Unfortunately there is not a good view of the horse. The views from the hill more than make up for it.Written August 25, 2023
- One of those charming small museums that you occasionally stumble across. Delightfully amateurish (in a good way), reminding me of the sort of displays that used to go up at school speech days. Full of fascinating objects and brimming with local history information. I certainly enjoyed my visit. Much better than the interactive, gadget-laden museums found elsewhere.Written September 28, 2023
- Visited the Sutton Bank National Park with my family and was not disappointed!!
Beautiful well kept park and dog friendly for our four legged family member which was fantastic!
Car park was pay and display and costs £5.50 for 2hrs+. The cafe was clean and tidy and staff members were friendly and very accommodating and dogs are welcome inside and in the outside seating area. Plenty of refreshments to have if you work up an appetite from walking around the park or to build up the energy before.
The views around the park are spectacular and definately worth the visit if you love nature and being outdoors.
Photos of the views will never do the park justice as to see them in person words cannot describe!
Your four legged friends have plenty of pathways to venture with you as long as they are well behaved and on leads at all times.
I would highly recommend adding this to the list of areas to see whilst travelling in this part of Yorkshire!!Written September 12, 2023
- Wanted to amuse 2 toddlers on a wet winter morning.came to twiggies.very busy managed to get the last table.lots of groups with friends chatting .both our toddlers loved the big blue slide.one had to be rescued when he got "lost"in the top corner.Then was fine.the time flew past quickly and both toddlers were tired and hungry at the end of their play.Decided not to eat there as all sandwich based light snacks.Not good for anyone wheat intolerant.The food that we saw coming out looked fine but not suitable for me.
Will definatly return as the toddlers loved it.Good value for money and well layed out soft play area with good visibility when watching little ones at playWritten January 19, 2020
- Standing proud in the market place the tower is difficult to miss, we stopped off on our way home & were greeted by a wonderful display of knitted poppies cascading from it and an array of characters on the adjacent bollards, a truly wonderful display, thank you to all the knitters for your dedication & talent, I always look forward to seeing what you’ve created next!Written November 17, 2022
- Took my daughter for a trek for her birthday, she loves riding but is a bit nervous after an accident a while ago and the staff there were so patient and kind to her building her confidence until she was happily trotting without a lead rein. The trek took in some lovely views and it was great for her to get out of an arena and just enjoy being on a pony. We will definitely be back to visit Sparky and the rest of their gorgeous ponies soon!Written September 5, 2023
- Great value for money, comfortable seating, always good films that are usually on for several days so maybe just go once a week if you are on holiday in Thirsk.
Staff are helpful and welcoming.
Don't miss the Ritz if you are staying in Thirsk.Written June 13, 2023
- Visited this lovely wee cafe today, after it re-opening having had their kitchen revamp.
Lovely buzzing vibe, arty and quirkie. Friendly, genuine staff. Quality produce, we had the brown bread toasties, good amount/quality filling with some salad on the side. Some crisps or tortillas with a salad dressing would just finish this off nicely. There was some lovely looking scones/ sausage rolls for sale.
Great little gift shop on the side with cards/ handmade crafts.
I would say this is an ideal a friendship coffee / lunch stop. Particularly if you are quiet arty/crafty yourself.
Slightly small to take a family/ busy children into.
However, this is just my opinion... enjoy your visit :)Written August 8, 2023
- What a welcoming and friendly place for lunch and an excellent book shop as well.
Generous sandwiches with side salad and delicious cake.
Very pleasant staffWritten July 24, 2023
- Poor start as our 1 bedroom lodge was unclean. We paid for budget, not bad! But the reception team were fantastic!The 1 bedroom lodge we arrived at was older & more dated than we expected. There were clumps of dog hairs around & a full ashtray left for us. This didn’t give us confidence that the kitchen area & crockery was clean. The couch was so saggy & uncomfy as you sank in it. Wardrobe had no doors on.
I have to say though, that the reception team were brilliant & said this was unacceptable & within an hour of complaining we had moved to an upgraded lakeside lodge which actually made our stay as the location was lovely & the lodge was a newer large 4 bedroom.
The bar & cafe on site had really friendly staff. We never used the restaurant, but it looked nice. My partner likes to fish & said the lakes & shop were really good & staff knowledgable when he went for a days fishing.
Location good for trips out. I’d have given a better amount of stars if we had not had the negative start to our week away.Written September 28, 2023