- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
60 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 60
What travelers are saying
- Absolutely beautiful beaches. The water was clean, pretty blues and greens. Least crowded beach I've been to.Written August 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great spot for walking on the boardwalk and playing on the playground. Entertained my kids for a bit on a cloudy and rainy-ish day in November. Nice facilities.Written April 26, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Always fun. It’s nothing fancy, but it’s always nice to see what’a happening at a real working pier with professionals, full-timers and vacationing fishermen.Written June 10, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved the vibe of this place and they had good beers. The first night we got flights to see what we liked and the second stop we just had pints of our faves. If you are a fan of IPAs, I suggest Cold Feat.Written July 10, 2023
- We were driving around and found this little gem of a place. Artist in residence, Sandy, was fun and we enjoyed hearing some of her stories. Purchased a lovely turtle watercolor. Many unique items to be found. Would recommend a visit.Written October 13, 2019
- This is a nice, cozy little spa that definitely fits the bill for a vacation 'treat'. It's very quiet and calming, the staff is friendly and the massages are amazing! Would highly recommend for any local or people passing through! You won't regret it!Written September 23, 2023
- The staff was excellent and provided a great experience! There was a variety of hands on learning activity including touch tanks, reptiles, and toys. Our children were 4 & 8 at time to attendance and would recommend for both ages.Written June 18, 2022
- Variety of things to offer from the kitsch to the mundane. Wide range of pricing so just about anyone could enjoy.Written April 7, 2018
- They are up to 4 services every Sunday, so just pick at time! Fantastic program and music, every time we visit!Written August 27, 2018
- This is a unique & very informative tour that is worth the time. The work the hospital does it incredible. It's very educational especially for those who love the animals of the oceanWritten September 1, 2023
- While we were shopping at this place, our vehicle broke down. The staff offered us a chair, bottled water and a place for us to sit with our small dog until the wrecker arrived. After the wrecker left the owner drove us back to the campground we are staying at. These folks went way out of the way to take care of us when everything seemed to go wrong. Oh and BTW, the shopping for curios and fudge was great too. God Bless them for being so nice and helpful in todays world of issues..Written September 12, 2023
- My husband and I visit this spa every time we vacation in Topsail and it's easily the thing we look forward to most on our trips! The staff is SO friendly, professional, knowledgeable and exceptional at what they do. This year we opted for 90 minute massages (instead of our usual 60 minutes), and honestly words can't even describe how amazing we felt afterward.
We frequent high-end spas at home and they don't hold a candle to Ama. Please do yourselves a favor and schedule with them!!Written June 14, 2023
- Michael is amazing and caring. His massages are some of the best in the business. He is a true master of his craft and his passion for what he does shows in his work.
Mahola for always giving me an hour to relax, find my center and rebalance.Written December 15, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Surf City
- The best outdoor activities in Surf City according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Topsail Island
- Soundside Park
- The Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center
- EMA Touch Tank Aquarium
- Gemstone Dream With Sensory Gym
Surf City Attractions Information