*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- It's very short walk to a 360 view. The park is free, it's the highest point along the blue ridge parkway. The view was amazing.Written October 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Started our morning with a hike to Roaring Fork Falls. Visiting the sights along Blue Ridge Parkway on way to Mt Mitchel. This hike is on way. Only 1.3 mile out and back. Mostly along old gravel road bed. The waterfall is beautiful. The cascade of water falls over and around large boulders. It is one of the tallest we have seen. Only saw one other couple on trail. Parking lot can accommodate about 8-10 cars. If in the area be sure and enjoy this waterfall.Written September 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We purchased tickets to a viewing event in September for our son's birthday. The experience was amazing. We were able to clearly see the Milky Way just standing there along with The International Space Station fly by. They have two huge telescopes that they align with various ojects. We were able to see Saturn, Jupiter, several star clusters and nebulas. The two gentlemen did an excellent presentation and were very knowledgeable while engaging the group the entire time. They also have several pads set up if you would like to bring your own telescope but it is definitely worth buying tickets to a viewing event.Written October 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Short trail to the top of Mount Mitchell. It is all uphill from the parking lot, but is a short trail that is paved the entire way up. Outstanding views awaitWritten June 18, 2021
- Fun place to hang out,have a brew,and enjoy a pizza.Wood fired pizza had a nice light char to it,just right,Indoor space is open and airy,outdoor space has covered area,and a picnic area.Very well done.Written August 5, 2023
- I've visited this used furniture store many times over the years and have always found their stock to be of superior quality when compared to other used furniture stores. Great variety of inventory and very helpful owner and staff.Written January 23, 2018
- Greatly enjoyed our hour long tour of the McElroy house! Guide was knowledgeable and shared much of the local history. We should have spent more time in the museum!
The house is full of many great displays. Amazing that admission is not required for this fine experience. I did make a reservation for the tour which I recommend to insure a volunteer docent is available.Written May 2, 2023
- Admittedly it is a remote location,not every GPS wanted to locate. However, we did find it & was worth the trek! Great site on an old land fill, using methane to fuel art studios at one time...not sure about that story, but Now they house UpCycle - a Creative ReUse center with materials from crafters to manufacturers, keeping things out of the waste stream. Also a great model for ReUse & lowering consumption...materials are offered for donation, not priced by the piece. They invite you to THINK about your "need" and also leave something for others. Yay, Molly!Written April 6, 2019
- The market has probably 8 stalls to it so it's a bit small but the offerings are pretty good. Beef, pork, eggs, jellies, and cheese. A good stop for a Saturday morning. There was a performance group in the town square too.Written June 23, 2018
- Right in the center of town, based upon its relatively small size, the TRAC Gallery contains an impressive amount of craft and fine art items created by a large array of talented artists. All art is “local,” meaning from Yancey and Mitchell counties.
There are things in every price range, many of them quite affordable; these include unique greeting cards and jewelry. Pay special attention to the work of local Burnsville artist, John D. Richards; he works in a style he calls “very mixed media.” Richards’ work is incredibly whimsical and inventive. This gallery also has a portion devoted to two-dimensional art.Written December 31, 2019
- We have golfed the Mount Mitchell Golf Course in the past and have always been most impressed with the course. The design has it mainly in the valley as it follows the meandering South Toe River. It does have a few holes with elevation. On this visit we learned the course was under new ownership. It seems that when the owners put the course up for sale, they didn't continue to keep the maintenance up on the course. Accordingly, while the greens were in good condition, the fairways were a bit "rough". In the past this was a cart-path only course due to the bent greens and fairways. Now it is 90 degrees for fairways. The course still offers great holes and challenges, along with some views of Mount Mitchell. We understand the new owners are planning to make a lot of upgrades to the course and more. Looking forward to the improvements and upgrades to bring this course to a more premier condition.Written August 3, 2023
- This sweet little gallery and studio is such a boon to the Burnsville area. While in town I stopped here and saw the most amazing art. I never knew Wood & metal could be so beautiful! The couple who own this place were so great to meet and i even ended up taking a yoga class there while i was in town. Art, relaxation, good people. Doesn't get better than this!Written April 20, 2018
- Great 2-hour trail ride with Mel for my husband’s birthday. Horses were all gentle and Mel and Heather’s instructions were really helpful. I would recommend leaving plenty of travel time. Area is somewhat remote, has poor cell reception, and you have to make a call to get through the gate to the stables. The trails are beautiful, and this was worth it!Written October 12, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Burnsville
- The most popular things to do in Burnsville with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Burnsville on Tripadvisor
Burnsville Attractions Information
|Tuesday 6:32 AM|