- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
83 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Our family has a tradition to always go to Boone Thanksgiving Friday, spend the night, eat at Daniel Boone Inn and cut a tree on Saturday. Well, we are adding a stop at the Foggy Mtn. Gem Mine to that tradition from now on! On our way home we decided to stop and do some gem mining with the kids (ages 10, 4 and 1) along with Mom, Dad and YaYa. We got a $70 bucket and each of us found several nice pieces...we got another $70 bucket; it was so fun! Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable and were great with the kids. When we were done sifting through, they set out all our bags of gems and showed us what types of stones we had. I ended up having a few pieces polished and will be made into jewelry. Definitely a super friendly and family fun outing.Written November 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great choices of beer, cider and sours. We each did a flight with Udderly delicious being my favorite. Bar tenders friendlyWritten January 3, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great, easy hike with a beautiful waterfall! The weather was warmer, the hike was not that steep. and the trail was fairly easy to follow. I will say you should stay right on the trail, even when you reach a sign that shows left for the return. The waterfall will be on your right.Written January 3, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well maintained and very pleasant. Walk and run with the locals. Parking is behind the Community Center and gives easy access to the trails. Mostly flat.Written August 15, 2022
- We love sending our guests to Booneshine, and having their beer on Draft in our bar! Guests always love it. Booneshine is a wonderful business to work with as well!Written January 17, 2023
- No windmills or circus gimmicks, but a challenging mix of uphill and downhill holes. Some of the other reviews here seem dated. As of our visit, things were clean and in good shape. There was a diverse clientele, and our six- and ten-year olds had a good time, as did we adults.Written July 19, 2022
- Adjoining the Farmer’s Market we found the ‘Horn in the West’ Daniel Boone Amphitheater as well as the Hickory Ridge Living History Museum compound where Marrena Greer welcomed us to a guided tour of what life was like when the Western North Carolina high country was first being settled. Focused on the period of 1785 - 1805, the museum provides insight into the self-sufficiency of our forefathers by highlighting the skills they possessed such as hearth side cooking, spinning, candle making, and blacksmithing. Btw, ‘Horn in the West’ is celebrating its 70th season this summer!Written June 3, 2022
- Our group had a really enjoyable time learning how to make fire with Tanner. He showed us 4 different ways to make a fire from nothing. He also shared a lot about nature, knives, and survival just in the process of teaching us that I never thought of before.
I left feeling more prepared, closer to nature, and just really blessed that we were offered the opportunity to learn here.
The location has a REALLY long and rough road to get in, so be aware of that. It's NATURE. Nature is rough. Once you get beyond that, you will love what is on offer.Written September 25, 2022
- We spotted lots of fresh, organic produce, locally farmed meats, eggs, breads and crafts and listen to the spirited sounds of a mountain band. WCFM is a 100% producer-only market.
Best bread ever from 'Between the Tress"!Written June 3, 2022
- Some exhibits was more fascinating then others . Some seemed like just pieces of paper printed of printer, others cloth. So idk , and I’m a big art fan but I wasn’t too intriguedWritten July 24, 2022
- Went during the Labor Day event it was awesome. They had a great crowd there and gave the kids rides in their race cars. And talked to the owners wife for a few minutes ,She was busy with everything, But I would to say they have a good staff working for them, very attentive to the drivers needs. The Stock 4 and stock 8 races were the best I have ever seen. You just have to go out there and check this place out. No drinking allowed I think that's great don't need it around kids, Well it a great place to take the whole family to watch good clean fun.Written September 7, 2016
- New trails, fast trails - the crews are doing a wonderful job at maintaining the trail system - rode last year around this time - each time we come back it has improved - good job trail crew!!!! Green trails for beginners - double black for the experienced rider - beware there are some tricky lines, so if you don't have the skills - don't try them! You will get a great work out pedaling up the mountain!!Written September 5, 2022
- We had no idea that Boone is the center for Bluegrass musicians and Appalachian storytellers but followed Ms Emily’s advice to stop after dinner at The Jones House for some “Old-Time Jams, Local History & Art in the Mazie Jones Gallery”. The Jones House was built in 1908 as a family home by Dr. John Walter Jones, he was one of the first physicians in the area and this family home was the location of his first office. Here in the warmth of a group of local musicians we got to listen to some of the most delightful tunes of Bluegrass!Written June 3, 2022
- It was not a big waterfall. We had some bad knees so we couldn't keep walking to get to the flat rocks that were by the waterfalls.
It is not listed clearly as Laurel Creek Falls. You park on one side of the street & you have to guess that the waterfall is actually across the street & up the hill.
I can see it as a great place for teens & under 50s to sit on some of the big rocks & just chill & enjoy each other's company, climb the rocks, and cool off in the water.
I would not put it on your list to go to unless you fit the criteria. There are no bathrooms. Dogs are permitted but were on leases.Written July 23, 2022
- 3 floors and lots to looks at. Just looking and talking to your friends about all the cool things you find worth the trip. Definitely pricey not a thrift store where it being old lowers it’s value but a true antique store that values the past which is reflected in price.Written December 5, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Boone
Boone Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 5:26 PM|