- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
55 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 55
What travelers are saying
- Proctor's Theater is absolutely lovely. The inside of the theater takes one back in time to a bygone era of majestic theaters. There is not a bad seat in the house, although I prefer the center orchestra area. The seats were updated a few years ago, and they are more comfortable than the old seats. Yet they are made for people with a smaller body type. We have attended many plays and performances at Proctor's over the years and the acoustics are very good in the theater. It is one of our favorite theaters.Written August 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our visit to this city consisted of seeing the City Hall, St John the Evangelist Parish Church, Nott Memorial, General Electric Realty Plot and this garden. This beautifully maintained plot is a small part of the ~1000 acre Central Park. Here we found several small parties taking photos of themselves and the lively flowers. Free entry and parking at the side.Written July 4, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were visiting the area and wanted a fun activity to explore with my almost 5yo. This was the prefect size aquarium to visit for his age and attention span.
The touch tanks were a lot of fun! And really entertained him. He loved seeing the sharks.
I wish the exhibit signs were more accurate but they had an interesting range and fish.
I was surprised there were not more employees around the touch tanks to answer questions.Written February 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice addition to the city…really nice! I’m not really a gambler but it’s easy to see what this state of the art casino has brought to Schenectady in the form of economic development & entertainment. The caveat above is, I started Learning Craps the other night & I LIKED IT! Maybe I AM a gambler?Written August 6, 2022
- I study neuroscience and thought that the brain section of the museum was very interesting and very informative. Also really enjoyed the GE exhibit. Was upset that we did not get to go into the planetarium, but otherwise, was a good visit.Written February 9, 2019
- We were catching a train in Schenectady but were early, so I had some time to explore the old town near the station. The library's core is solid 60's / 70's architecture, with a modern addition. Walking through the library you realized it offers a great service, lots of people were making use of the holdings, but it was still open and spacious. I spotted an interesting statue outside, and learned that it was of William Seward and Harriet Tubman. I didn't know that fellow who made the Alaska purchase possible (and for whom Seward Alaska is named), was a staunch Abolitionist and helped Harriet and the Underground Railway directly. Bravo Schenectady County Public Library!Written October 28, 2021
- Venders surround City Hall with Super fresh produce at amazing prices along with many other artisan products. The Amish were even there peddling their delicacies. Great place to stock up for the week.Written August 6, 2022
- New to doing reviews but I had to give one for these folks. Really enjoyed the musical 42nd Street. The singing was just great!Written December 8, 2019
- What a find! The personal working here are beyond helpful. They will help you find what you are looking for in Schenectady. They have all sorts of records and resources. The attached museum was pleasant with some interesting items.Written September 21, 2019
- I've been enjoying the virtual shows for over a year now. Looking forward to bringing friends and family with me again for a live show soon!Written July 18, 2021
- This place is great. Owner is a neighbor. Beer is made here. Nice variety of it too. Parking in front of the building and on side.Written February 19, 2022
- I’ve been coming here since I was a child. Nice paths, cute creek, great grassy area to spread a picnic blanket or toss the frisbee around. My dog loves it here cause of all the squirrels and bunnies hopping around. The flowers and plants are nice too. It is a garden. I like the big tree at the base of the entrance stairs and the various memorial benches and signs. Not far from the Nott Memorial, the Chapel and the statue of President Chester, either.Written August 28, 2021
- We have been season ticket holders for the last few years. It only costs about $20 per play and the talent is phenomenal. A few years ago, we saw "The Producers" at Proctor's and didn't care for it. We saw it at SLOC and loved it! We are so amazed by the musical talent in this area, and the talent of these unpaid actors is top quality! You won't be disappointed.Written November 3, 2018
- We have visited the Bridge Christian Church several times in the last couple of years - and we love the friendly atmosphere; positive, biblical message, and most of all - the community focus of the ministry team!Written March 11, 2019
- The ETC is a museum of electrical technology focused on GE in Schenectady. It has both a physical location and a website, The physical museum is small and has short hours, but the website is great and open 24/7.Written January 4, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Schenectady
- The best outdoor activities in Schenectady according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Schenectady on Tripadvisor
Schenectady Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 4:35 AM|