Top Attractions in Poughkeepsie
What travelers are saying
- We bicycled thru this wonderful walking bridge, on our way biking the Hudson River trail! The view from this bridge is excellent, breathtaking ! We really enjoyed the excellent sights!Written October 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful and informative tour with Elsie. It was our third tour of historic homes of the day. Elsie answered all questions enthusiastically.Written July 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were driving and saw Vassar College and drove through the campus. What a beautiful campus, situated on the Hudson River, the architecture of the building were beautiful. The history of the college is incredible. A beautiful place to go to college.Written July 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We came for the art collection and we had a full experience visiting the Vassar college, the second in the US for women students, the first to include an art museum in its concept.The collection is very interesting, with a few exquisite top works by Francis Bacon, Henry Moore, Picasso and other. Entry is free, even the entry booth was unattended, but we had the chance to be met by an assistant in the gallery who provided us precious special information. All works are beautifully exposed and well documented (text and on-line).Do not miss the sculptures garden and the chapel with the exquisite stain-glass windows.Written September 2, 2022
- Adams has always been my favorite place to shop. Their quality of food and their employees make a trip to the store a pleasure. Now in the middle of this pandemic, they have proven their commitment to our community. I have used some of the delivery services out there and was not pleased with them. Then I heard about Adam’s curbside pickup. Within 24 hours I was contacted telling me my groceries were ready for pickup. They were loaded into my trunk with no contact. I received all of my groceries. They were of high quality and packaged with great care. Thank you Adams. We are very lucky to have a store like this in our community.Written April 21, 2020
- We took the turn into the campus at the suggestion of a family we met at an attraction further up the Hudson. Campus is lovely, buildings are interesting, location in the riverside is worth the 15 minute drive through. Surprised and disappointed to see throngs of students at a local food truck, all closely packed and unmasked.Written September 6, 2021
- My grandchildren had a great time at this museum in Poughkeepsie. We spent about 3 hrs trying the various exhibits. Outside we had a great picnic lunch overlooking the Hudson River.Written May 13, 2020
- Bardavon Opera House is a warm, welcoming concert hall for those near and afar. The acoustics are great and the design/decor is lovely.Written August 25, 2022
- I have been coming up to the Hudson River Valley for many years and I have never before really explored Poughkeepsie. I had been downtown years ago when it was gentrifying but that was in 1997.
The whole waterfront area and lower Main Street and the waterfront is going through a change right now with newer people snatching up homes in the historic Union Street area, lower Downtown and the Waterfront adding in new bars, restaurants and stores. Little Italy does not exist pretty much any more except for two restaurants, a hair salon and a bakery and one pizzeria. The rest is being renovated for artists who are moving into the area and renovating the houses in this section.
The Walkway Across the Hudson is changing all of this as is new housing by the river. Poughkeepsie is a City to watch.Written September 21, 2020
- This is a lovely historic building worth a visit. If you are coming for polite and fast service go to another post office. But do stop by at least once to see the structure.Written October 13, 2019
- I love it there the place is so tranquil.. The staff is the Best. I often take my children there too relax after a hard day of work and read books to them.Written July 1, 2019
- Best church in the Hudson Valley. No frills, no gold dust, no acrobatics, just bible teaching and joy. God is really using CCOHV to change lives.Written June 7, 2021
- This place is amazing for kids. The teachers are fabulous. The environment is supportive, calm with a lot of fun added.Written January 10, 2018
- I started coming by here with First Fridays in Poughkeepsie. It is always an open and inviting place, with some art displays, sometimes by local artists, sometimes with children's work. A small sales area is available for those who want t shirts or jewelry. The times I have been there a pottery display area is also part of the Center.Written April 9, 2018
- I remember coming here with our children when young for Broadway cabaret, the circus and other events. Having attended a function here a few weeks ago, I was disappointed in how small and somewhat shabby it appeared. It was a festival but the space seemed small and unimpressive.Written March 31, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Poughkeepsie
- The best outdoor activities in Poughkeepsie according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Poughkeepsie on Tripadvisor
Poughkeepsie Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||3,552|
|Number of Photos||1,478|
|Local Time||Monday 6:14 PM|