Historic Sites • Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
28 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- As a local, we frequent the preserve regularly. There a fantastic dog park, incredible new playground for kids, tons of trails for exploring (you don’t have to be a hiker. My 3 YO enjoys the trails in her crocs…) and a natural beach that gave many areas that are very private (just be careful not to cross over to the private property of the hone owners) and very enjoyable (our fur baby loves to swim too and that’s the only place around that allows dogs). Lots of fun every time and a very low yearly membership lowers the cost of entrance significantly.Written September 5, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful, historical house and barn. This is a real gem that should not be missed. Easy way to introduce kids to history.Written August 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great place to chill alone or with any group. Free concerts Sundays at 1pm gor just the parking fee. Beach area is clean. Lots of folks in the water although I'm not sure about that. Great shadey tree area with the breeze it's a wonderful inexpensive daycation.Written July 14, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I am not an Episcopalian, but St. Stephen's has many community features. Don't miss their wonderful fairs, held a few times a year, their thrift shop and the annual performance of Handel's Messiah at Christmas, followed by refreshments in the parish hall. They also have programs for senior citizens. St Stephen's lifts my spirits!Written July 24, 2017
- You can rent skates. The rink is relatively small and suitable. You should come hear for a birthday or somewhat.Written March 11, 2017
- Several members of my family visited Port Washington for a family gathering to explore our connections to the town in early October. We arranged to join a walk along Main Street providing an historical narrative along the way conducted by CNPHS President, Chris Bain.
We began the tour at the town dock and finished about 90 minutes later. Chris provided so many insights about the long history of Port Washington. The tour also included a ‘guest appearance’ by noted Port historical identity, Mr Dodge, to reflect on the past from an ‘eyewitness’ point of view.
We joined one of the final tours of the season and bookings are advised through the Historical Society’s website. The tour was free and a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours. Highly recommended if you wish to learn more about this community’s past.Written October 19, 2019
- A work in progress to bring healthy trees, flowers and plants along with many Native varieties that grow in New York and Long Island bringing pollinator friends including insects as butterflies, bees and a variety of birds to this trail in Manorhaven Preserve. A big thank you goes out to CCE/Nassau Master Gardener Patricia Valente along with other Master Gardeners, Rusty Schmidt and towns people for their support. As Spring and Summer arrive, various things with be in bloom. The Fall and Winter will bring some of their own color's. When are in the area be sure to look it up and stop by.Written October 18, 2019
- Took the graduating resident physicians for a boat ride in the Port Washington wharf. The ride was lovely with the setting sun on the background.Written June 22, 2021
- Friendly staff, relaxing zero gravity chairs, music and fountain. No shoes in the salt room. Can book the spot online. It’s a great time to reflect on things, pray. On Friday’s at noon they also have Reiki in the salt cave, can book online. Have found it to be very helpful in relaxing and gaining perspective.Written March 5, 2022
- Sands Point Shop did an excellent job overhauling my 50 + year old Omega watch. I found the Shop's informative website and drove from Bergen County, NJ to bring my watch to them.
When Bob, Henry, and Lauren (the person who did the overhaul) tell you something, you can count on it. They called me precisely on schedule at every step of the process. I am very pleased with the work of Sands Point Shop, so I STRONGLY recommend them for your watch servicing.Written May 4, 2020
- If you need fishing tackle or bait or need to get a rod or reel fixed or just want to talk fishing to see where they are biting, this is a great place to go. Excellent selection, good prices and friendly informative people. Atlantic Outfitters.Written August 3, 2022
- Wonderful gem of a store tucked away off of Main Street on Carlton Avenue, PortWashington. I can find anything for anyone here including unusual crafty jewelry to handbags and lots of creative gifts for men! Price tags are favorable and nothing here you wouldn't look twice at! The owners are exceptional with their crafty sense of knowledge and always willing to help if asked, with a gift idea. What I love about this jewel of a place is that I can always find something unique and different from one week to the next.
Guaranteed you won't be disappointed, as I am hooked with Wit & Whim!Written October 23, 2021
- The car service we had been using for years could not accomodate us, so we tried Nassau Cab. We had Sam the both times we traveled with Nassau Cab to and from JFK. He is fantastic. So caring and helpful. He really went the extra mile to make our trips with him so nice. We will call Nassau Cab for future trips as both Tom, who arranges the trip, and Same who drives made our experience very positive.Written December 2, 2022
- Played here and found the course a strange layout. Played the nice hole course and like it more. it had a better layout.Written September 7, 2018
- Whether you are seeking a professional appraisal , acquiring or selling a quality antique, this is the place to goWritten March 3, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Port Washington
- The best outdoor activities in Port Washington according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Port Washington on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Port Washington with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Port Washington on Tripadvisor
Port Washington Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 2:40 PM|