- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- What a great little find this place was and the lady who owns it was extremely friendly and helpful.
We wanted to hire a car to go around the island.
She sorted it out and even send me a route so we could visit all the places of interest.
This lady has loads of knowledge of the island.
If you are wind surfing, kitesurfing you can hire the equipment from this shop.
She can organise lots of different kinds of tours and trips on the island.
I would highly recommended using this business.
A friendly & efficient customer service and nothing was too much trouble.Written March 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Got our kite surfing primer and some gallons of salty water down my throat (my mistake, not theirs) and enjoyed every minute of it. Great instructions, easy communication and loads of fun. The tan is complimentary and Sid running along the shore was straight out of Baywatch.Written September 1, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After having completed my PADI OW at Atlantic Star, I came back to dive once again. As usual, staff always professional and very polite. Thoughtful and mindful of sea conditions. I also went on a jetski tour and tried the donut (would definitely recommend). Perfect place whether you are traveling solo or with friends/family; you will definitely have a good time :)Written August 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had my 2nd and 3rd lesson here, with Anthony. Anthony was an excellent instructor, really professional and got me riding on the board on my 3rd lesson. He took safety seriously and was really patient with me. I felt I was in good hands and had a lot of fun! Got me hooked to kitesurfing and look forward to coming back next year!Written January 19, 2020
- We were very excited to have our first surfing lessons with Marlin from Titik Kitesurf School. Everyone is really nice and helpful. Marlin is a very capable and funny teacher and easy to get along with.
Tip is to make sure that you have someone who stays on the beach to take footage or schedule your lessons after each other. A go pro is also recommended, but if it's your first lesson, it's probably not going to be pretty.
Thank you to Titik, Marlin and Robert for the awesom first surf experience and a shoutout to the rest of the team! Until next time!Written March 5, 2022
- Awesome experience, it was my 2nd surf holiday, I surfed almost every day for 1 hour or sometimes 2, the water is great, no wetsuit needed, nice conditions to learn more, small groups, kukuka and marcel really want to see you improve and give personal feedback. Nice bbq one evening hosted by kukuka as well. Definetely want to go back there!Written August 22, 2022
- The efoil experience is unique, like nothing else I’ve tried before. Both teachers were charmful and really knew what they were doing. If you happen to go to the island and enjoy water activities you should really try this experience.Written October 22, 2022
- My family did the island tour and the turtle one and they absolutely loved it.
I only did the turtle one as I had visited Sal before. Obama is one of the most enthusiastic guides I have ever encountered. Cheerful, polite and mindful about the environment. We went further north from santa maria to avoid the crowds at kite beach waiting for the turtles.
It was only us and the project biodiversity guides who patrol the beaches. We saw in total 5 turtles but only stay close to one (the one laying eggs). Please avoid guides that show you all stages of the process as the animals can get scared or anxious and not initiate the process of hole digging and laying the eggs.
Magical night under the stars watching these amazing animals.Written August 29, 2022
- There are two kitecenters on the kitebeach just outside Santa Maria. One is big, very commercial, overloaded with beginner kiters and placed downwind on the beach.
The other center is smaller, more personal and has a good portion of Cape Verdes delightful “no stress” atmosphere - of which Erica and Elvis work out with smooth and friendly expertise 🥰.
Their center is placed upwind and is far less crowded and also of course much more easy to walk away from the crowd and have more space - an advantage for both beginners and more experienced.
And we must also give our credits to our great kite-instructor Valentine who teach with ease and joy👏👏🤩
Do not doubt it. If you love to kite or want to learn it: choose 100 Piedi!!!!!Written January 8, 2022
- Such an amazing week we had at Ion Club, friendly and welcoming staff, new and high quality equipment. We took full kitesurf course and more than happy with it. We learned how to waterstart and ride among the small waves. It was challenging but worth every penny and time on our vacation. Defintely coming back next year to improve our riding skills! Thank you Dragi and the rest of the crew!Written January 30, 2022
- Great time on Cabo Verde . I had kite And also surf lessons with them And I couldnt chose better. All instructors were really profesionally And everything was just perfect. They teach me everything And i spended great time And also fun with them . Even I never try before they were really patient . So for me specially instructor Petr IS number 1 And I Will continue when I Will come Back to Sal!!!!!Written March 24, 2017
- I would higly recommend Robertney to anyone wanting to learn and progress in surfing. He is a proffessional surfer and instructor and would also be able to progress advanced surfers in big waves.
We (my family) have previously in other countries had multiple instructors and surf courses.
Robertney met us the previous day to plan the surf session which was very organized and professional. I was 100% comfortable in having my family with him in the waves. My boys also for the first time got up standing on a short board in small waves. After a long pause in surfing everyone learned fast and had a great time.
It was a privilege to be at Sal and to meet Robertney, a multiple Cabo Verdian surf-champ. He has a healthy life style, super positive attitude and a knowledge about Sal's spots and nature that only the locals have. Tourists (like myself) have a lot to learn from him.Written November 2, 2022
- A nice, welcoming experience by a small local business. Filu does a great job, and is a patient windsurf instructor. Beginner to expert level is covered. Passion and excitement is all there. Can't wait to go back!Written April 21, 2022
- We’ve had a kite lesson from Jordy. He is a very skilled and nice instructor. We had no experience at all but with this 2 hour lesson we had a really good start! We would love to go back and get more lessons.Written July 15, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Santa Maria
- These are the best places for kid-friendly surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing in Santa Maria:See more surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing for kids in Santa Maria on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing in Santa Maria:See more surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing for couples in Santa Maria on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing in Santa Maria:
- Atlantic Star Nautical Center
- Surf Hub Cabo Verde
- Surf Zone Cabo Verde
- Kite & Tonic
- Titik Kitesurf School