Scuba & Snorkelling • Surfing & Windsurfing
What travelers are saying
- My partner booked a Scuba dive through Tui and loved his experience so much that he re-booked a second one directly! His instructor, Wendy was fantastic, she went above and beyond to make his experience unforgettable. He keeps reminiscing about his experience with friends, it absolutely made his holiday. He would 100% recommend this company to anyone who loves diving.Written November 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fantastic team of instructors, so facilitating, they made it easy to learn the basics of kitesurfing and now I’m hooked!! Had so much fun and will definitely be coming back for more!!!
Communication via WhatsApp was so quick and effective, Amy is brilliant at responding and always checks the wind forecast so that I was able to get as much quality time on the water as possible❤️
Thank youWritten March 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a real good time and lernt a lot, Leo was a supper helpful and friendly instrucutre teaching us the basic and more! Bad wind one day, no problem, no stress we do it tomorrow instead.
All in all, we lernt a lot and had fun, strongly recomendsWritten December 10, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Got our kite surfing primer and some gallons of salty water down my throat (my mistake, not theirs) and enjoyed every minute of it. Great instructions, easy communication and loads of fun. The tan is complimentary and Sid running along the shore was straight out of Baywatch.Written September 1, 2020
- This is hands down the BEST surf school on the island. Kakuka is a very dedicated and determined teacher and totally rules Santa Maria beach. She is constantly correcting you, giving you tips and pushing you to get better with a focus and genuine determination that is very infectious. She stands out a mile from all the other teachers, and her love for surfing and teaching shines through. If only all teachers could be like this… what a joy to have met such an inspirational figure. Thank you Kakuka to you and your lovely team for making our holiday so special.Written November 14, 2023
- I had my 2nd and 3rd lesson here, with Anthony. Anthony was an excellent instructor, really professional and got me riding on the board on my 3rd lesson. He took safety seriously and was really patient with me. I felt I was in good hands and had a lot of fun! Got me hooked to kitesurfing and look forward to coming back next year!Written January 19, 2020
- There are two kitecenters on the kitebeach just outside Santa Maria. One is big, very commercial, overloaded with beginner kiters and placed downwind on the beach.
The other center is smaller, more personal and has a good portion of Cape Verdes delightful “no stress” atmosphere - of which Erica and Elvis work out with smooth and friendly expertise 🥰.
Their center is placed upwind and is far less crowded and also of course much more easy to walk away from the crowd and have more space - an advantage for both beginners and more experienced.
And we must also give our credits to our great kite-instructor Valentine who teach with ease and joy👏👏🤩
Do not doubt it. If you love to kite or want to learn it: choose 100 Piedi!!!!!Written January 8, 2022
- The efoil experience is unique, like nothing else I’ve tried before. Both teachers were charmful and really knew what they were doing. If you happen to go to the island and enjoy water activities you should really try this experience.Written October 22, 2022
- Great time on Cabo Verde . I had kite And also surf lessons with them And I couldnt chose better. All instructors were really profesionally And everything was just perfect. They teach me everything And i spended great time And also fun with them . Even I never try before they were really patient . So for me specially instructor Petr IS number 1 And I Will continue when I Will come Back to Sal!!!!!Written March 24, 2017
- My family did the island tour and the turtle one and they absolutely loved it.
I only did the turtle one as I had visited Sal before. Obama is one of the most enthusiastic guides I have ever encountered. Cheerful, polite and mindful about the environment. We went further north from santa maria to avoid the crowds at kite beach waiting for the turtles.
It was only us and the project biodiversity guides who patrol the beaches. We saw in total 5 turtles but only stay close to one (the one laying eggs). Please avoid guides that show you all stages of the process as the animals can get scared or anxious and not initiate the process of hole digging and laying the eggs.
Magical night under the stars watching these amazing animals.Written August 29, 2022
- Thank you for your great surf lesson! We can highly recommended Robertney! He has a lot experience and we learned a lot!
Thank you and see you next time!Written July 14, 2023
- These guys literally made my holidays. Even though I didn't need more then some rental and transfert they had always the best welcome for me and plenty of good advices. I could also see their professionalism with other clients and the progress they made them achieve during couple of sessions. And cherry on the top of the cake, it's the only ones who take you to the spot at 7am sunrise session when you can enjoy it just for yourself.
Thank you Santa🤙Written January 12, 2023
- Loved my time windsurfing and wingfoiling with the team in Santa Maria. The instructors were great (thanks Dju & Calu) and were happy to tailor instruction to my skill level. Everything was really well organised and nothing was too much trouble. The sailing area is huge (and beautiful) with a lovely, fairly consistent, cross-shore wind. Would highly recommend and hope I make it back in the not too distant future.Written July 2, 2023
- I could not have asked for a better place for my kitesurfing adventure and to store my kites. Very friendly and helpful team (Tanja, Sebastian and the beachboys etc) and I felt always safe in the water since they had an eye on me allthe time, once I crached my kite and they came immediately to help me getting ready again. What‘s also an advantage: They limit their number of visitors/students in order to maintain a high level of quality teaching and surveillance. Thank you very much!Written December 21, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Santa Maria
- These are the best places for kid-friendly surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing in Santa Maria:See more surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing for kids in Santa Maria on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing in Santa Maria:See more surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing for couples in Santa Maria on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing in Santa Maria:See more surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing for groups in Santa Maria on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing in Santa Maria:
- Atlantic Star Nautical Center
- Surf Hub Cabo Verde
- Surf Zone Cabo Verde
- Kite & Tonic
- Titik Kitesurf School