- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
104 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 104
What travelers are saying
- We had a lovely time -- the view from the big ski jump is quite amazing and we had a fun time watching young kids train (and jump off) from the smaller jump. Quite impressive!Written January 8, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Quick stop to Mirror Lake with the wife and friends to walk around and enjoy the sunset. It absolutely lives up to its name as all the views mirror the landscape. I took a great panoramic shot and really enjoyed the views. Definitely worth the time to admire, and just walking distance from Lake Placid and all the nearby restaurants.Written January 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've wanted to do this for 50 years so finally paid my $125 and clicked the button. I was super nervous but the staff assured me I was well- taken care of. The ride lasts only 47 or 48 seconds. I must say, it was thrilling. Please note, it may be a bit awkward to get in and out of the sled but not insurmountable. I highly recommend it.Written January 8, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fascinating historical site with well documented information as well beautiful groomed and well marked hiking trails.Written November 1, 2022
- Go, you'll love it any time of year! We went off season for 1 night, so much to do couldve used another day for sure!Written November 16, 2022
- Easy hike, less than a mile. Longer route is slightly easier. Get there early as the parking lot fills up quickly.Written September 12, 2022
- It took us about an hour to hike to the top of Mt Van Hoevenberg. It was a bit steep in areas and our hearts were definitely racing but the built in steps up the mountain made this an easier climb. The view was absolutely spectacular with the fall colours once we got up there, totally worth the hike if you can make it. Coming down was a breeze.Written October 10, 2022
- Very interesting to learn about and see the process for maple syrup. Plus Birch Syrup!! The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful!Written October 5, 2022
- A small, simple but pleasant Museum. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, offering suggestion on how to best use the time we had before the museum closed for the day.Written August 21, 2022
- This church is right on Main Street, Lake Placid. It has very beautiful stained glass windows. The priest is a very good speaker and everyone was very friendly. The music was great with a small choir and excellent organistWritten January 11, 2023
- This arena is historic to all sports fans. It was amazing to be able to see it in person. There were some people figure skating on it when we were viewing the arena, which was fun to watch.Written July 3, 2021
- Nice hike. Very flat but review the map at the trailhead if you're going to explore the various trails as it's VERY easy to turned around and lost albeit you're really not that far from a road so you really can't get TOO lost. We hiked in from the parking lot, took the first left turn which leads to the dam. Great picture taking there. We then headed along the trail that is right on the lake as essentially the trail is one big loop. Keep making right turns and you'll ultimately come back to place where we first turned left and the parking lot is right there. We actually walked there all the way from the Mirror Lake Inn so it was a good day of exercise.Written August 11, 2022
- I have fond memories of this place form childhood. Updated in 2018 it now includes a small fast-food restaurant at the top. granted it was $62 for 2 burgers and a taco, but at least it was tasty! Great place to start any hike. Showers not currently open due to COVID.Written August 20, 2020
- Great place to xcski! Groomed, wide corduroy with set track for skis. Well marked trails- maps available at check in desk. Map has cor coded trails for degree of difficulty. They also rent equipment. Reasonably priced used skis, etc also for sale. Clean restrooms in lodge, nice lounge area with tables and chairs to enjoy view or have your lunch. We bring our own. They have hot drinks for sale,not sure about foodWritten December 27, 2022
- Attended hockey and short track skating events. There is a comfortable lounge and snack bar within the facility and a good view of the outdoor speed skating oval.Written January 23, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Lake Placid
Lake Placid Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 11:29 PM|