- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
105 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 105
What travelers are saying
- This beautiful lake is a wonderful place to take a rest, enjoy the gorgeous views, take a sunset cruise, or merely people-watch. The Adirondack Mountains provide a stunningly dramatic backdrop against the lake. It's a popular tourist destination in warmer weather, so there are a lot of activities around/on the lake, including touristy stores and priced-up restaurants, but it's still a calming destination no matter what you decide to do. If you're staying in the area, I'd recommend leaving your car at your hotel/motel and just walking to the lake, as it can get crowded, which makes driving more difficult.Written July 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are a number of scenic overlooks on the way up. Great views. They offer a shuttle, but I would recommend the short walk to the summit. This is a short drive from town.Written July 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice history of the Fort, the French-Indian War, and demo of a musket and a cannon firing. Period characters also inserted some corny humor, too.
Interesting artifacts in the displays throughout the museum/fort, alsoWritten July 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy hike with a toddler which was exactly what we needed. Once you get to the halls area there are no signs indicating you must descend down a steep hill to reach the base of the falls. We figured it out and it was slightly difficult with our child but definitely doable. It was beautiful and worth it.Written July 24, 2022
- The staff is great! Been there twice this year while visiting lake george! The wine is yummy and you get 2 keep your glass!Written August 12, 2022
- We took a short trip for my birthday after the summer ended in early September. It was a week after schools opened. There was nothing much to do. Most restaurants were closed so we decided to go for a hike. We underestimated the trail. We spent about 6 hours hiking up to the top. There were a lot of bubbles and rocks near the top. We almost gave up but we didn't. Once we get to the top, all our sweat disappeared. The view is worth every sweat!Written February 19, 2022
- I love this trail, but lots of hills, challenging for sure
Love the fact that it is so scenic
Like the off road concept. No worries about carsWritten July 27, 2022
- The day we visited was 91 degrees and very hot! The beach was crowded , as expected for a hot day, but the water was cool and refreshing. Very clear lake water, sant beach with pebbles in the actual lake. Cool to be surrounded by he maintains at the lake.Written August 28, 2021
- This is a must see. We are grandparents of 5 yo and 9 yo boys and went with them and their parents to the park. Not the first time for the boys. They first went 3 years ago. This was our first time. These are rides that we as children went on growing up and rides we brought our children to go on when they were little but at different amusement parks. This was very nastalgic for us because the rides here were bought from different parks over the years and brought to this one. Each ride had info about when and where it was made, when it was bought and info about the hydraulics. No computerized rides here! But then there is a whole dinosaur park with animatronic dinosaurs throughout the forest. Amazing! Park is small enough to walk and not get too tired out. Staff throughout park are great with the kids and very friendly! A very well run park.Written August 9, 2022
- This is very well done, probably the best haunted house experience I have had. The technology was up to date and the animated figures gory and convincing. I found it more frightening than my ten year old grandson and even my 3 year old granddaughter. The best feature was the last one -- the "black hole."Written August 3, 2022
- This was another place that we stopped in while walking around the village one evening. It is a cozy place, even in the July heat. The owners were extremely nice and knowledgeable. We were able to try out their spirits before purchasing and loved our short time here. I bought a bottle of the lemonade and apple pie flavored spirits. Def. worth a stop in here while you are in town.Written March 9, 2022
- We've done this hike many times over the years and it is always a great choice. It isn't too long or too strenuous. We prefer to go from the east side, but both sides end up at the top. The top area is mostly rock and offers great views of the lake and other mountains nearby.Written August 23, 2019
- We always hit the outlets when staying in Lake George. Like any other outlet mall, it depends on luck and availability. We usually grab a few things because there are so many stores. Lots of kid friendly places too. Something for everyoneWritten August 28, 2021
- Attended a Tuesday Summer Concert last week , plenty of places to sit
The community likes to do things for its tourist at the Park
.Great BandWritten July 27, 2022
- All stores had very limited stocks. Noting special about prices. Some stores were closed. It was a disappointment. Parking was a problem.Written September 21, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Lake George