Speciality & Gift Shops • Speciality Museums
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
15 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- I know you're thinking that small-town museums are NOT your experience. Well, THIS one is. This natural history museum has outstanding displays that are attractive and interesting and staffed by friendly and knowledgeable folks who want you to enjoy your visit. DON'T miss a great opportunity to have fun and see cool history. The fossils and minerals are really nice. Wish I could take some home with me...Written February 18, 2022
- Take about an hour to drive around the city and see all of the murals. They are beautifully kept up and tell the history of the city and Rt 66.Written July 23, 2022
- An interesting diversion on our way out of town. Some very neat, restored old cars. A bit difficult to find (it's in an annex building behind the convention center). Very friendly volunteer staff members eager to share their stories about Route 66 and Tucumcari.Written August 7, 2022
- This is really a photo op of an iconic sculpture of a 60s era tail fin. It is located in front of the Convention Center at the west end of town on old route 66. Easy to visit since the center's parking lot is right there.Written January 17, 2020
- What an unusual gem of a find! Spent an hour or so in this former schoolhouse filled with every sort of treasure-or-junk imaginable!. It was like a mini (very mini) version of the V&A collection in London, but with items collected over the years that directly relate to Tucumcari, Route 66 and New Mexico. Worth a short detour if you're in the neighborhood. Very helpful and knowledgeable docent on duty!Written August 7, 2022
- Tucked into part of Old Train Depot. No external signage so park and walk up to door. Small but informative display. Had great conversation with staff on hand about whole area.Written July 28, 2022
- Best gift store and options in town! The sweet lady behind the counter was amazing we had a fantastic experience there. Most if not everything was made in the USA. I think everyone should stop and support this local American business we loved it!Written March 22, 2022
- This was an iconic little stop as we were in Tucumcari. It's a great Route 66 photo op! And they have a large variety of souvenirs for purchase inside.Written May 1, 2022
- This is a must visit if staying or passing by Tucumcari. A route 66 gem. The decor is absolutely charming giving one a true throw back to the 50/60ties.
The BBQ fare is also a must have. We ordered a plate with ribs and brisket and pulled pork. They were all excellent and as good as any of the top rated BBQ joints. Although we did not order the sausage we were given a generous sample which was the best BBQ sausage i have ever tasted. Definitely would order if i visited again.
The owners are also very charming and fun to chat with.Written April 28, 2021
- Since EVERYTHING is closed on Sunday, We stopped here again because we like the food, the servers and the now Manager! Last visit was when the change of owner took place but we did see the same staff. Still good food and service.Written June 29, 2022
- The theater is very cute. It’s obviously still under renovation, the ceiling needs repair. The prices are wonderful, we paid $11.00 for 2 people! Soda & candy was $5.00!!Written April 1, 2018
- It's not fancy, it's only 9 holes, but it's super cheap with a cart and a very nice little course. With all the trees and surroundings, you'll be suprised at how nice it is out there, and they actually have a really good golf pro too...Written January 1, 2012
- Chris Tapia at ArteFormz Custom Artwork has been an asset to us in creating logos for our business here in Tucumcari. He has suggested items to bring into our business that have been successful.
He is always a phone call away and responds quickly. Definitely an asset here in Tucumcari.Written June 29, 2019
- My husband and I were traveling through Tucumcari and decided to have a picnic at Northside park. It was a quiet park. They had lots of playground equipment but older than what I have seen in most playground but still in good condition. There was one small pavilion, 3 picnic tables, lots of trees for shade but no restrooms. The park is one block by one block in size and well mowed. The chain link fence along the main road was 6 foot tall and the other 3 sides were 4 foot tall. The park has a basketball court as well.Written August 6, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Tucumcari
- The most popular things to do in Tucumcari with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Route 66 Townhouse Welcome Center & Gift Shop
- Mesalands Community College's Dinosaur Museum and Natural Sciences Laboratory
- Tee Pee Curios
- Murals of Tucumcari
- Tucumcari Railroad Museum