27 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- We really enjoyed seeing Smith Falls! We were tied from kayaking but it was worth the effort .It is important to know that you can’t see the falls from the Niobrara River. To get to the falls, you actually go through the campground to the far end and walk through the tent camping area. I didn’t see signage indicating how to get to the path. It is a cement sidewalk until it becomes a handicapped accessible boardwalk.Written August 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great seeing the buffalo! The falls were pretty and there were lots of little things to see along the trail.Written August 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I rode sw arak out and back days totaling about 150 miles. I did it on a road bike, but with wider than normal tires. It was ok. They need to keep it packed better. The towns along the way were all cute and all had city park campgrounds. Beautiful countryWritten August 12, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stop by and learn about the ecosystem and importance of the river to locals and how everything works. Find out more about the river and how local communities banned together to make it a wonderful placeWritten November 12, 2023
- My friend and I had a REALLY good time here on Saturday afternoon..... I mean... REALLY! We sat outside and enjoyed the fantastic weather while relaxing and drinking the apple cinnamon cider. YUM! Great service! Great atmosphere! Great brewery! Highly recommend!Written June 5, 2023
- This is our 5th time going to the beautiful Prairie Club. We had another amazing stay along with playing both gorgeous courses, the Pines & the Dunes. Thank You also to the wonderful highly professional and friendly staff.Written June 6, 2023
- We were fishing there about 8 on Sunday morning. We caught 3 fish in about 2.5 hours. The edges of the lake are sandy and it is a nice place. We saw only two other people while we were there.Written August 27, 2023
- Just a short jaunt off the Highway is the historical marker and the bridge.
If ya drive across the bridge and take the first right, you can 1) go down River Rd and get a great view of this bridge on your right AND 2) see a really cool railroad bridge on your left.Written July 1, 2021
- This is a great place to see some of Nebraska's nature. There's a nice gravel path for walking on the east side of US-83. On the west side, there's a driving tour of the refuge. If you want to see animals, take your time on the tour. Drive slowly as animals cross the dirt road all the time. Be sure to have your camera handy! On the west side of the refuge, there's a short hiking trail up to a fire tower. The path isn't very well maintained though, so you might have to walk through some long grass.Written August 27, 2018
- My husband fishes here and I wondered what the attraction was. Go there yourself you will be surprised.Written July 20, 2017
- I stayed here during a trip on my motorcycle. There are several campsites along the creek that flows through the park, mostly oriented to small RVs. I found a nice site across the bridge, and for $5 it was perfect. Heck even at 5 times the price I would have been ok.
There is a public toilet facility with running hot water and even showers. 🙂
It a short walk into town.
My site had a fire ring but I didn't bother with a campfire. I was really tired so after a trip to town I hit the sack. It was quiet and felt safe.Written October 22, 2020
- Not many of the items are well explained as to their significance. Only a minority relates to education & it is not well explained. The building itself, the oldest Nebraskan school still standing, might be of interest to those keenly interested.Written August 3, 2018
- Don't miss this 10 hole gem if you're in the area. Unique and picturesque golf experience that you will not regret! There are many golf courses in little towns spread across Nebraska, but this is one that will make a memory for sure. As a Superintendent myself, I must give props to this course and the great conditions and ambiance. Rustic, classic, and just plain fun! Good stuff Fred Peak, good stuff!!Written October 10, 2023
- Pool was closed still, but the park next to it was fun. We happened to get there on a warmish day. They have several play areas, tire swings, bridge, seesaw’s, walking box, and plenty of parking. No restrooms were open since the pool was closed was the only down side.Written April 29, 2018
- Beautiful falls but not much for the drive. The walkways are not maintained well. I know this isn’t provided as a major site but would be nice if you could see them better and get down to the river. Lots of potential.Written July 21, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Valentine
- The most popular things to do in Valentine with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Smith Falls State Park
- Fort Niobrara National Wildlife Refuge
- Niobrara National Scenic River
- Cowboy Trail
- Little Outlaw Canoe, Tube and Kayak Rentals
Valentine Attractions Information
|Thursday 2:32 PM|