- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
22 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- This is a nice stop , especially for kids with a great view of the train yard . They have a nice little gift shop on the 1st floor and a quick elevator ride up to an indoor viewing deck.Written January 10, 2023
- On a slow, after-snow day; there was all of the time in the world to watch the trains. Fresh snow made the visuals outstanding. The yards are massive and in constant motion.Written January 19, 2023
- The mansion itself is interesting as well as intriguing to see how Buffalo Bill lived and about his family and others as well. We were pleasantly surprised to see many Native American Indian acknowledgements displayed so tastefully yet truth in theory. His Scout Retreat is simply amazing. A great tribute to an American icon and the people that helped put him there. If you find yourself in North Platt go visit. It’s a self guided tour.
Don’t let the “hidden” parking fee discourage you. That place doesn’t keep it’s self up.
$2 per person and $8 to park is well worth it to see a little history.Written September 4, 2022
- Cody Park is free, there is a Challenger engine here for climbing on and walking through! Animals Captive and free everywhere. There are (seasonal) rides for kids and great ice cream, when the Concession stand is open.Written January 1, 2023
- Interesting idea, & the boardwalk was clever as well. Major reason we routed thru North Platte, however difficult to locate even with nav system. We spent the afternoon on that side of town with the winery, grain bins, and a stop @ Pals.
We did appreciate that the merchandise was sorted & each bin had a theme, even if you’re not one who is into antiques, you can go here with your friend who is obsessed and it is an enjoyable experience for both!!Written September 15, 2022
- Special events happen here year-round. Corn feeds in summer, Christmas lights in Winter. Near Cody Winter home and BarnWritten January 1, 2023
- Right along I-80, this was a lot of effort on many people to put this together. Anything honoring service people is worth the stopWritten January 1, 2023
- Pete Johnson is awesome! We loved going here to wine taste. The wine is descent priced and he is very knowledgeable. The portions for wine tasting is spectacular and we loved the wine! Go here if you are ever in North Platte, NE. Thank you Feather River.Written June 23, 2022
- wonderful place to get some pictures of your kids having fun around some awesome trains. really cool to be able and sit in the window where the whistle is. wonderful history here!Written September 1, 2022
- We used a cabin. Had a boat and jet ski. Towed our teens around the lake and enjoyed the outdoors . It's only a few miles north of North Platte.Written July 12, 2017
- The North Platte Children's Museum is fantastic place to take the children. They can stay busy for hours.
If you are local, buy a family membership and when you want to run away from home go to the children's museum and relax while the children explore.
It is simply a great area treasure.Written March 17, 2021
- The park looked very nice and it has the 20th Century Veterans’ Memorial, the Lincoln County Law Enforcement Memorial and a Union Pacific train caboose bordering it. I didn’t get to walk around but it looked restful and allows for a nice stroll if one wanted to take a walk. There’s a lake in the middle and I saw someone enjoying watching the wind make waves across it. It’s a nice rest area off the interstate and not crowded the day we stopped to explore the two memorials.Written April 20, 2021
- Duty Trails prairie chicken tour was amazing -- the prairie in all it's glory, lightning at dawn, the rich gold glow of the grasses, smell of the rain on the earth, meadowlarks' song...and then there were the prairie chickens, their eyebrows and air sacs the same brilliant orange as the grasses. Their semi-dark humming chorus sounding like a symphony warming up! This trip also included sightings of great blue herons, a bald eagle, northern shovelers, white pelicans and a type of sandpiper, perhaps willets, on the way back home.
A transcendent experience -- a sense of awe and wonder of the natural world that has gone on for thousands of years and continues to this day, less than 10 miles from the Interstate. But hidden to all but those who choose to explore.
Informed and enlightening commentary by Dusty -- who has such a deep rich voice he could do Welcome to Nebraska commercials! Thank you.Written April 24, 2022
- He spotted the law enforcement memorial and because of my poor choice of footwear - breaking in heels for a wedding - and the high winds, he drove me over. Elegant and simple, it brought a wave of sadness over me reading the names of the deceased officers who had made the ultimate sacrifice. There are four benches donated by agencies so you can sit and contemplate. And the lake it’s by makes for a nice view. Very relaxing. It warmed my heart sitting there looking at the memorial and the flags flying overhead. Made me proud of my law enforcement officers and appreciative of their daily service.Written April 18, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about North Platte
- The best outdoor activities in North Platte according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in North Platte on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in North Platte with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Union Pacific Railroad Bailey Yard
- Golden Spike Tower and Visitor Center
- Cody Park
- Buffalo Bill Ranch State Historical Park
- Lincoln County Historical Museum
North Platte Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 5:40 AM|