- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Best ride in the west with a guide that loves what she does & a well run ranch, hands, & horses! Mind clearing ride!Lucky to have chosen Diamond P Ranch and trail guide Kim Redo was one of the best encounters of our West Yellowstone vacation.
We were paired up with the perfect 4-legged partners on the most beautiful ride to the “Top of the World” riding a well cleared trail that had us in Idaho & Montana.
Kim’s experience as a true cowgirl & love for what she does is unmatched. A wealth of knowledge of the area and a great lunch break with spectacular views made for the perfect day on the trails. Highly recommend booking with Diamond P if you are in the area.
Best of luck on all your future rides and in life Kim!
Thanks for a complete mind clearing ride!Written September 18, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The setting is idyllic, stunning views from the trail. We rode with Noah, who was about the most personable and kind young man you’ll find; also a terrific and skilled guide, very patient and knowledgeable. An overall wonderful experience, we’d go back in a heartbeat.Written July 10, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was just a perfect ride. The horses are wonderful and well taken care of. The wranglers Carson and Colton we both amazing. Very good communication and knew their horses well.Written August 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We are a family of 4, 2 teenage girls. We took both the lower loop full day, and the wildlife tour full day. The first with Mikaela and the second with Jack. Both tour guides were just lovely. Tons of information about the park, good and safe drivers, excellent communicators and very knowledgable. Both tours were wonderful. The lower loop takes you to many highlights and some light hiking if you wished. On the wildlife tour we saw bears, osprey (well a baby one), 2 wolves and various other species. Also a fun little walk up to look at the antlers and skulls the parks staff have collected. You can be as involved as you like - Jack was happy to set up the scope and we could have sat in the car but we preferred to be out and looking with him. Both tours could be suitable for people with limited mobility or people who would like to walk a bit to get some different vistas.
The booking process is very easy. Mikaela and Jack both met us at our hotel and were several minutes early. Breakfast of oatmeal, cereal, pastries, tea, coffee is provided. Sandwich lunch is enjoyable. We traveled in 2 different vehicles, a mini van and an SUV.
Both tour guides have lovely warm and engaging personalities with an excellent knowledge of the park. They were both very mindful of their, and our, impact on the environment and the animals which I greatly appreciated, not least because it modelled this important behaviour to my teens. They also both made a lot of effort to talk to, and listen to my teens, which I think is a little bit unique. Both of my kids were absolutely raving about both days which is pretty remarkable for big city, instagram fans!
Of course the park is incredible and you can read about that anywhere. But when you are looking for a tour company I think you are likely to be most interested in the quality of the guides, the company ownership and the safety, so I hope I have addressed that in this review.
Definitely a 5 star operation. Highly recommended!Written June 12, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about West Yellowstone
- These places are best for horseback riding tours in West Yellowstone:See more horseback riding tours in West Yellowstone on Tripadvisor