Boat Tours • Fishing Charters & Tours
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
9 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- We had a BLAST!! I cant wait to go back and do it all again! Capt Ed and the deckhands were an awesome help and fun to be there with. They were very helpful and great at what they do!! Thanks again guys camt wait to see yall soon!!!!Written July 19, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had always wanted to go fishing in the Louisiana marshes.
We met Chad early one morning, loaded up and set off in the marshes for a fun day of fishing. When we arrived at our first spot, Chad set up all gear, which he provided, baited our hooks and showed up what to do. Before long,we we experiencing the thrill of catching red fish. We rode through the marshes, each time to find the perfect spot. We had a great catch. So fun riding in the marshes and seeing the beautiful scenery. We're definitely amateurs, but Chads knowledge and patience really helped us have a great day.Written July 1, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Spent a sparkling Saturday morning with Captain Ron in the marshes near Bayou Lafourche, caught speckled trout, redfish, black drum and sheepshead. Comfortable boat for the 4 of us plus Ron. He made the trip productive for everyone on board, very patient with our diverse skill levels, very knowledgeable about the area and where the fish are hiding. The marsh in this area is gorgeous, great for birdwatching as well as fishing. This was our second trip with Captain Ron, and we'll definitely fish with him again. He supplies all the gear, we just brought sunscreen, hats, water and snacks. He also cleaned and filleted our catch and we went home to a feast. It's an easy 1 hr drive from New Orleans to the launch site.Written May 5, 2012This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Neither I, nor my husband had ever even touched a kayak before our journey on the Mississippi. We met at the shore, got into the kayak and took a 45 minute lesson with the instructor. We discovered that keeping the kayak afloat is easier than we thought (they look tippy) and to a large extent, balance involves the knees. We also learned that getting back into the kayak, should you fall over, is also much easier than it looks. The instructor indicated that he instructs all skill and physical fitness levels, but we would recommend that, to really enjoy this activity, the student should be able to comfortably fit in the kayak and should be in reasonably good physical condition. The instructor does not paddle at an Olympic pace, and he even towed one of us when we got behind, but this activity still requires some exertion. The best part of this trip was paddling in the middle of the grand Mississippi with the verdant bluffs at our side, curious birds swooping overhead and fish jumping into the air. We took the trip on a hot, hot, hot summer day and it felt so good to have The Big Drink splash back at us and cool us down. From the center, the river is much bigger than it appears from the shores or bluffs, and being on the river offers an unanticipated perspective…massive, independent, very powerful, quiet, soothing…The Miss is a confident river that gets its way when it wants it. The instructor was very knowledgeable about the river, towns and rules of navigation on the river. The instructor told us stories about the history of the light keepers, fishermen and the Mississippi as a major commercial highway. The price was reasonable and well worth the adventure!Written May 30, 2013This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.